Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a thank you, Amazon is offering $8.62/$50 Q.
Works on GCs. Unfortunately, didn't find any Disney GCs. CODE: BIGTHANKS

I don't understand this post what does "$8.62/$50 Q." Does that mean $8.62 off $50 purchases or something? I'm totally lost :P

EDIT: Never mind. That's exactly what it means. The formatting just threw me! Thanks!

Just wanted to share @Hikergirl's post from another thread:

They have a Starbucks $25 GC bundled with an Amazon $25 GC that you can use the promo on!

This is arguably a better deal than buying a $50 Starbucks gift card alone. 34% off a $25 Starbucks gift card (vs. 17% off a $50 gift card) for parking $25 with Amazon.

ok safeway giftcards are available at amazon. Anyone have experience successfully buying disney gift cards with a safeway gift card?

Just wanted to share @Hikergirl's post from another thread:

This is arguably a better deal than buying a $50 Starbucks gift card alone. 34% off a $25 Starbucks gift card (vs. 17% off a $50 gift card) for parking $25 with Amazon.

Not sure I'm following - cause you're still spending $42ish - its either parked at Starbucks or parked at Amazon. Is the $25 Amazon card an ecard? That would enable you to allow your significant other to use the $25 Amazon gift card you just purchased on their own account to do this deal. Wishing I had known this earlier. We each bought boring Lowes cards.

Not sure I'm following - cause you're still spending $42ish - its either parked at Starbucks or parked at Amazon. Is the $25 Amazon card an ecard? That would enable you to allow your significant other to use the $25 Amazon gift card you just purchased on their own account to do this deal. Wishing I had known this earlier. We each bought boring Lowes cards.

This is the response. You are right you still spend the same amount of money. I think it just make it sounds better to think you saved 34% while in reality you saved the 17% because you still spend $50.

Its really just a deal on the starbucks card. I shop Amazon very frequently, I'm going to spend that $25 no matter what, but this way I get a nice discount on a $25 Starbucks card that I will give to my dd. I have no need for a $50 SB card so this was just a nice way to get a good discount on a lower amount.

Curious if it works.

I was not able to use my Landry's eGC to pay for their membership club. The website was only set up to accept credit/debit cards. I'm a little disappointed now because I think I could have used my savings on something better. Oh well, savings is savings.

I was not able to use my Landry's eGC to pay for their membership club. The website was only set up to accept credit/debit cards. I'm a little disappointed now because I think I could have used my savings on something better. Oh well, savings is savings.
I'm wondering if you could have used it in one of the restaurants to join.

OK so I am totally new to all of this- what do I do step by step?? For instance, do I purchase the GC on line or in the store?? Do I need to be part of a special group at Target? I don't want to have a Target CC. Or, conversely, do I purchase FC on amazon and then use them at target or elsewhere to get Diseny GC there? Thank you so much for all of your help :)

OK so I am totally new to all of this- what do I do step by step?? For instance, do I purchase the GC on line or in the store?? Do I need to be part of a special group at Target? I don't want to have a Target CC. Or, conversely, do I purchase FC on amazon and then use them at target or elsewhere to get Diseny GC there? Thank you so much for all of your help :)
Hmmm. I'm not sure what you're asking, exactly.

• AFAIK, there's no way to purchase a Disney GC thru Amazon or by purchasing other merchant's GCs available on Amazon in order to buy Disney GCs.
  • If you have a Target REDCard (credit or debit), you can get 5% off of your in-store purchase of a Disney GC. This does not work online.
  • You can purchase Target GCs at a discount from online resellers for a discount and then use the Target GC in-store to purchase a Disney GC. It does not work online.
  • You can purchase Disney GCs for less than face value at various warehouse clubs. You might need to be a member in order to get the discount but in most cases, you can make your purchase online.
  • Some grocery stores offer "fuel perks" for buying GCs in their stores or on their websites. Those fuel perks can translate into free gasoline. People who can use fuel perks consider that free gasoline as their savings on the GC that they purchased.
I don't know if this answered your question or not. There are numerous methods for saving on Disney GCs discussed in this thread but some of them are obsolete.

In addition to @Marionnette's post, I'd add that certain credit cards will give you additional rewards, cash back, or offers that translate to discounts on Disney gift cards.
  • Discover cards are offering 5% back this quarter (and next?) at warehouse stores like Sam's Club and BJ's, which sell discounted Disney Gift Cards. The Chase Freedom card offered the warehouse savings category for most of last year.
  • I think some people use the Chase Ink cards for 5% back at PayPal Digital Gifts and office supply stores like Staples, which sell third-party gift cards.
  • Some people have the Amex Blue Cash card for 6% back at grocery stores that sell third-party gift cards, and combine this with fuel perk promotions.
  • Amex also occasionally comes out with "offers" (sometimes targeted) for $xx statement credit when you spend $xxx at places like Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe's, Staples, JcPenney, Joann's, Target, etc., which sell Disney Gift Cards or third-party gift cards that can be used to buy Disney cards. ETA: People add authorized users to their Amex cards to increase the chances of getting offers and the number of times they can use them.

Last edited:
The American Express SimplyCash Card also gives 5% back at Office Supplies stores.

Also, Orbitz will many times have 15% off Disney hotels and sometimes has 15 - 20% cash back on Disneyworld tickets thru ebates.

Bought five $100 visa gift cards at Kroger today. No points on activation for me anymore. Will go back Sunday and buy Disney and Universal gift cards.

No Universal cards at my Kroger, bummer... I'm stopping on my way home to turn my last $100 AMEX into Disney, then tomorrow we're going to take DF's dad to buy Netflix, Kindle Unlimited, maybe some of the ones with $5 or $10 off $XX coupons... I figure we'll prepay a little on subscriptions etc, get fuel points that I'll use, and it can go towards DF's dad's minimum spend for his credit card sign up bonus. I really want to get myself a card that earns better than 1% back at grocery stores just for this, I know there's lots of options.

I really want to get myself a card that earns better than 1% back at grocery stores just for this, I know there's lots of options.

The Ally Bank Visa card offers a 2% rebate on gas and groceries and if you have an Ally bank account (checking, savings or money market), you also earn a 10% bonus if you redeem your cashback into the account.

For example, I have an Ally money market account and I have it set up so that I get $75 every paycheck transferred into it. I received a debit/ATM card so I can access the money any time I need it, but I have it all earmarked for vacation money. I just opened the Ally Visa card too and they offered a $100 bonus after spending $500 in the first three months....not a problem. When I redeemed the cashback, instead of getting a $100 check or statement credit, I opted to have it deposited into my money market account and I received $110 instead. The minimum to redeem is $25 but you don't have to do it in $25 increments. The biggest downside (and when you are saving for a vacation, it's actually a plus) is that the funds often take several days before they become available. They are getting better, but it is still 2-3 days before the money from my paycheck (which is initially DD'd into my B&M bank and transferred electronically to Ally) is actually available for me to use. In reality, I use the credit card to make my vacation-related purchases and then pay it off from the money market account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter