Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer. Didn't realize was one-time. That's alright. Raise is still a valid option. I may open up another account to use. How long is the 3%?

This particular code is through the weekend. There was another code available last night I used also. But I was surprised there were 2 codes that close together for Target.

Opening up another account might not work. I have 2 accounts and couldn't use the code once on each. I was trying to use the same credit card so maybe that's why. Or maybe the billing address being the same. Seems they have some check. Let me know if it does work for you though.

Could someone refresh my memory on Southwest gift cards? If I'm not mistaken, there is a max number of gift cards per transaction(8?), but if the 8 do not cover the total, you must use 7 and a credit card.

I know there are a few variable loading cards out there up to $500, but let's assume I want to book a flight for my family that is $1900 and I have ten $200 GC's.

Is there a way to purchase larger GC's with GC's to combine them? Or is my best bet to book the family in two separate transactions, as the seating isn't "assigned" like other airlines?

TIA

Could someone refresh my memory on Southwest gift cards? If I'm not mistaken, there is a max number of gift cards per transaction(8?), but if the 8 do not cover the total, you must use 7 and a credit card.

I know there are a few variable loading cards out there up to $500, but let's assume I want to book a flight for my family that is $1900 and I have ten $200 GC's.

Is there a way to purchase larger GC's with GC's to combine them? Or is my best bet to book the family in two separate transactions, as the seating isn't "assigned" like other airlines?

TIA

It is 4 types of payment per transaction. No way to combine them you will have to book separate.

TIA
Pretty sure it is 4 payment items per transaction on southwest. I book each persons ticket separately, each way.

TIA

It is 4 per transaction. Try to book each way separately and then you only have one check-in, rather than each person needing to check-in separately. That's my plan for the 6 of us.

TIA

I just booked separately but i got 1 email for all of our flights. SW groups them together. unfortunately, the largest GC i found was for $50 at target.

For those of you doing Walgreens through SVM, I wanted to let you know that I received my cards on 7/21 and the order was placed on 7/17. That's way faster than the old Target cards through GCM. I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet, but I will report back if there is any problems.

This particular code is through the weekend. There was another code available last night I used also. But I was surprised there were 2 codes that close together for Target.

Opening up another account might not work. I have 2 accounts and couldn't use the code once on each. I was trying to use the same credit card so maybe that's why. Or maybe the billing address being the same. Seems they have some check. Let me know if it does work for you though.

Opened one up under DH and let me get to checkout with the extra 3%. Target only had 4% left and isn't quite enough to tempt me right now so I will watch for something better over next day or so.

On another note isn't it Cardpool that does NOT guarantee electronic gc?
What about card cash - do they have as good a guarantee for purchasers as Raise?

As a first timer, I need some help from you more experienced folks. I need to nail down my total goal for gift cards. I don't want to go too far over what I need, but figure I can resell any after my trip or just hold on to them for the future.
Below is what I plan to use the gift cards for. Please tell me if I'm wrong on anything, meaning gift cards cannot be used at all or in certain situations.
  • Boardwalk Villa room (reserved through Disney directly)
  • MagicMaker for photos
  • MVMCP tickets
  • Hoop Dee Doo Revue (listed separately from other dining because you have to pay in full at time of reservation)
  • Wild Africa Trek
  • One dessert party
  • All on property dining (including Disney Springs). No dining plan for us. Is there a list of places that are exceptions, if any?
  • Disney souvenirs in the park or Disney Springs. Again, I'm not sure of exceptions, if any.
Thanks in advance!

Opened one up under DH and let me get to checkout with the extra 3%. Target only had 4% left and isn't quite enough to tempt me right now so I will watch for something better over next day or so.

On another note isn't it Cardpool that does NOT guarantee electronic gc?
What about card cash - do they have as good a guarantee for purchasers as Raise?

It let me go to checkout but when I clicked place order it removed the code and gave a message saying it is not valid. It even let me apply it again, but would do the same thing. That's why I think it is related to some information you use at checkout like address.

I just booked separately but i got 1 email for all of our flights. SW groups them together. unfortunately, the largest GC i found was for $50 at target.
Looks like Target has up to $200 GC online and Gamestop has variable SW gift card which can be loaded up to $500.

Pretty sure it is 4 payment items per transaction on southwest. I book each persons ticket separately, each way.

I've never flown Southwest before. I'm concerned about keeping our family together. So, if it's myself, my wife, and 3 kids (4, 5, 13), what are the chances we get split up? I guess how the tickets are booked (together or separate) has no bearing on seats?

I've never flown Southwest before. I'm concerned about keeping our family together. So, if it's myself, my wife, and 3 kids (4, 5, 13), what are the chances we get split up? I guess how the tickets are booked (together or separate) has no bearing on seats?

Correct that booking together doesn't matter for seat selection. What matters is checkin time. Thats when you get assigned a boarding number (letter and a number like A23 or B55). The earlier you check in the better your boarding position I believe. Unless you pay extra for priority boarding, which I haven't done because I was always flying solo for work.

FFA just passed that children 12 and under need to be by one parent and are not able to charge for seats together. Not sure how it will work in practice on SW but this passed this week.

If you have a child under 5 they will let you do family boarding after the "A" group has boarded, regardless of when you checked in and boarding number you were assigned.

FFA just passed that children 12 and under need to be by one parent and are not able to charge for seats together. Not sure how it will work in practice on SW but this passed this week.
This is VERY good news. We flew SW last month with DS8. I was not able to check in early and we had a pretty crappy boarding number like B45 or something and there weren't any rows that had 2 seats together, let alone 3 for all of us. The flight attendant ended up having to ask for volunteers to move so my son and I could sit together. It was pretty stressful.

Looks like Target has up to $200 GC online and Gamestop has variable SW gift card which can be loaded up to $500.

TY! I was in store at the time and needed to book ASAP. will other online next time!

...What about card cash - do they have as good a guarantee for purchasers as Raise?
Yes(ish). They guarantee cards for 45 days- Raise for 100. I bought some Target from them no issues first few days. Got $30 in bad cards and submitted for a refund (very easy, all online). Refund processed within minutes and hit my CC within a couple days. All much faster than Raise when I needed a refund last year. But then all my CardCash orders for the rest of the day were cancelled. And they had no clue why. I didn't try again because the Target sale was over. I would use CardCash again if the deal is good and I would for sure be able to flip out of the cards within the 45 day period.

I just tried to use the EXTRA3 code at Raise and it's throwing an error. "Your promo code is invalid and has been removed from your order total. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact our Member Support Team at (888) 578-8422 or via email to support@raise.com."

Anyone else get this error? Where did the code come from? Was it an email? Is it mobile only?

@havaneselover - Thanks for the heads up re: Kroger fuel points!

As a first timer, I need some help from you more experienced folks. I need to nail down my total goal for gift cards. I don't want to go too far over what I need, but figure I can resell any after my trip or just hold on to them for the future.
Below is what I plan to use the gift cards for. Please tell me if I'm wrong on anything, meaning gift cards cannot be used at all or in certain situations.
  • Boardwalk Villa room (reserved through Disney directly)
  • MagicMaker for photos
  • MVMCP tickets
  • Hoop Dee Doo Revue (listed separately from other dining because you have to pay in full at time of reservation)
  • Wild Africa Trek
  • One dessert party
  • All on property dining (including Disney Springs). No dining plan for us. Is there a list of places that are exceptions, if any?
  • Disney souvenirs in the park or Disney Springs. Again, I'm not sure of exceptions, if any.
Thanks in advance!

Yes to all of the above. The truth is that there are *very* few purchases for Disney for which you CAN'T use a GC. Disney Springs restaurants and shopping are the only places where I would recommend double-checking.

Is anybody anywhere still having success with using Gamestop gift cards to buy eBay gift cards???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter