Disney Genie announcement

The my plans section is now gone but you go into genie and your days are highlighted.. click on them and there is your info.
Mods we might need seperate threads for free genie/App and genie plus.. 3D2AD76E-A7AD-4E76-BF70-123D980AC71A.png

To clarify, I am not saying this won't happen, I'm just not willing to say, 'Disney said....' when I don't have any proof either on their website or, from guests who are using it live in the parks. I am not a TA and have no insight other than the information that is available to all.

That's my hold up, not that your information re: 120 mins is incorrect. It's just too early for me to support you 100% as I personally don't have enough information.

And we've also seen several reports that the 120 minutes doesn't start ticking until the park opens (which would not be an illogical outcome). I trust the 120 as that's been standard even in the days of old FP and not having that would screw up the system. But the point of 120 is so you don't have more than 2 hours in a park without being able to make a reservation. We'll see tomorrow what the new reservation time is. If I had to bet, I'd pick starts ticking at open.

The my plans section is now gone but you go into genie and your days are highlighted.. click on them and there is your info.
Mods we might need seperate threads for free genie/App and genie plus.. View attachment 614487
There is already one pinned and is being worked on but it’s too soon to open so it is locked. As previously requested, please continue to use this thread until the new one is ready.

I was trying to sleep...now I'm playing around with this silly thing. Going to be a fun day at work tomorrow/today accomplishing nothing.

Same - got through the "planning your day" part but now just error messages at the point it's supposed to spit out stuff at you. Not sure if it only works when the park is open but if so - they should probably make that more clear rather than just give you the standard error message.

Most of DIS is asleep but I'm a night owl and playing with the free genie part of the app and things ive found out. Again this is the FREE part of the app:

- you can put in your top pics for a park but it doesn't populate an itinerary or anything. It gives a message that in x amount of days Disney genie will be able to.. the amount of days is the amount of time before that day of your trip. This genie doesn't do that until the day of your trip. It's early in its release but I don't think this is a pre trip planning tool.

it doesn't add my after hours holiday ticket to my day..

It seems super user friendly.

im curious to see what goes down at 7am. I'm going to bed!

My tip board won't load which I guess is common right now but it is working for some people. Also get an error if I try to buy G+

Just playing with the app now. First reaction is it is very slow.

Next, I don't like the way you have to wait until your park day to see what it is recommending for how to tour a park. I use the Touring Plans app, and one of the benefits of that is that you can play around with stuff in advance to see what the best times are to do stuff. For example, playing around with whether to rope drop or not. You don't want to leave that until the day you go.

Can't see me using the Disney Genie part of this over the Touring Plans app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter