Garden View Tea Room @ The Grand Floridian

tea5.jpg

tea2.jpg

tea4.jpg

tea3.jpg

tea7.jpg

tea6.jpg

MyTea.jpg

This is something we do as a family on every trip!!! We are all about our tea time.

:thumbsup2

Lovely this looks so beautiful!:cheer2:
P.S. My daughter wrote this.

The item under the berries is a Pate en Croute; to the left of the Stilton blue cheese is a Duck and Pistachio Terrine; to the right of the Stilton was a Chicken and Pork Roulade; the "black-eyed peas" in the foreground are candied walnuts. This was the Prince Edward Tea and also came with scones and Devonshire Cream and a glass of Port Wine to finish. I do not drink so I had them bring me a glass of sparkling apple juice instead. The actual tea I had was Nobo Whole Fruit Tea.

:thumbsup2

Looks good pirate:
P.S. J.C. wrote this

Here's some from Chefs de France Nov '07:

Casserole of escargots (snails) from Burgundy baked in parsley and garlic butter

WDW2007111.jpg

The classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese

WDW2007112.jpg

Lobster bisque

WDW2007113.jpg

Tartare of raw salmon lightly smoked with cucumber dill and honey mustard sauce

WDW2007114.jpg

Seared tuna (rare) sliced and served with olives and caper sauce, fresh greens and shoestring fries

WDW2007115.jpg

Grilled salmon served on a potato pancake with red pepper sauce

WDW2007116.jpg

Sauteed scallops and black tiger shirmp served with spinach flan and sorrel sauce

WDW2007117.jpg

Roasted breast of duck and leg confit, french green beans and sweet potato, spicy honey sauce

WDW2007118.jpg

Crepes filled with cinnamon apple, vanilla ice cream and apple caramel sauce

WDW2007120.jpg

Strawberry cake with red berry sauce and sorbet

WDW2007119.jpg

Chocolate tart with berries and coconut, praline sauce with chocolate ice cream

WDW2007121.jpg

Earl of Sandwich, January 29, 2008

The Ultimate Grilled Cheese - Combination of Swiss, Brie and Bleu Cheese with applewood bacon and Roma tomatoes (ordered mine without bacon, but for some reason they didn't put tomatoes... it was sill good)

IMG_0822.jpg

Hawaiian BBQ - ham, grilled chicken, Hawaiian BBQ sauce, Swiss cheese and pineapple (no pineapple)

IMG_0823.jpg

Grilled Chicken on a Stick
DecemberHoliday442-1.jpg

Cheese Steak Sandwich
DecemberHoliday443-1.jpg

Grilled Reuben
DecemberHoliday444-1.jpg

Cake for DD
DecemberHoliday446.jpg

The blue icing went all the way through and the cake was delicious. They bought this out for DD as some characters came in and she got really scared. She doesn't do characters and we normally avoid all character meals.

I love the Fish and Chicken basket you find and Pecos Bill Restraunt in Magic Kingdom. Next time I go to disney I have to get a Turkey leg.

Garden View Lounge - Afternoon Tea - January 29, 2008

Place setting

IMG_0858.jpg

Sugar cubes

IMG_0863.jpg

Scones with Devonshire cream and jam

IMG_0867.jpg

Mad Hatter Tea

IMG_0868.jpg

Sally Lunn bread with Eros tea (put milk in the tea)

IMG_0869.jpg

Surprise birthday cake for Dbf Dustin

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

Cake for DD
DecemberHoliday446.jpg

The blue icing went all the way through and the cake was delicious. They bought this out for DD as some characters came in and she got really scared. She doesn't do characters and we normally avoid all character meals.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
There were characters at the Plaza? :confused3

There were characters at the Plaza? :confused3

Yep - He was a mayor of some sort, came in really shouting and giving out a free dessert to a family of the day. Frightned the life out of DD - She hid under a chair.

Apart from that it was quite cool and unexpected.

Kona Cafe - January 29, 2008 (pictures are not highest quality for this meal, forgot our digital camera and had to use the camera on the camcorder)

Yummy bread and macadama butter

DSC000471.jpg

Tuna Oscar served with fried green tomatoes, tempura-fried jumbo lump crab, and wasabi hollandaise

DSC00050.jpg

Beef Teriyaki - 10 ounce sirloin strip, grilled with pineapple teriyaki sauce, mashed Yukon gold potatoes, and stir-fried broccoli florets (ordered with sticky rice instead of broccoli)

DSC00051.jpg

Kilauea Torte - an explosion of warm liquid chocolate inside a brownie volcano (ordered a la mode)

DSC00048.jpg

Birthday surprise for Dbf - koko puff!

DSC000491.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Roaring Forks snacks inside Wilderness Lodge - January 30, 2008

Bounty Platter - with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes and a biscuit

IMG_0885.jpg

Cheese danish (best danish I have ever had!)

IMG_0924.jpg

Flame Tree Barbeque - January 30, 2008

Fruit Plate - seasonal sliced fruit plate served with honey yogurt

IMG_0890.jpg

Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich - sliced turkey breast served on a multi-grain bun with cole slaw (cole slaw was given to me)

IMG_0895.jpg

Side of french fries and the cole slaw

IMG_0894.jpg

(not in flame tree bbq but from Animal Kingdom?) Frozen orange juice bar

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Mama Melrose - January 30, 2008

Artisan Breads and Spreads - freshly baked breads served with an arugula and chive pesto, sun-dried tomato, roasted vegetable and roasted garlic spreads

IMG_0917.jpg

Grilled Pepperoni Flatbread - with bell peppers and sweet onions (ordered without peppers and onions)

IMG_0918.jpg

Spaghetti Fra Diavolo with clams, calamari, mussels and shrimp, tossed in a spicy Marinara sauce

IMG_0919.jpg

Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake - Filled with chocolate ganache over raspberry sauce and a pistachio florentine (ordered with raspberry sauce on the side). This was given to Dbf for free as a birthday surprise!

IMG_0920.jpg

I just love this picture of us that our lovely waitress took!

IMG_0921.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter