Disney Fantasy - Mechanical issues 7/8/2019

We did an at-sea line shaft bearing replacement one time and that had a similar profile as to what Fantasy did. Slowed for a period of time, then up and running. We had to stop and lock the shaft. The bearings are used on support structures within the ship as it reaches from the engines/thrust bearing (load transfer to the hull) to the shaft seal where the shaft penetrates the hull and runs through the strut to the propeller. Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. It took us about 12 hours to roll the old one out, rig the new one into place then roll the new one into the bearing housing. All this was done at sea with only a temporary slowdown while our shaft was stopped.

Did you remember to feed the shaft seals?

The fantasy has had issues since the last dry dock. She had problems with both engines. And a oil line break causing a lot of smoke on the may 5th 2018 cruise. She has had a vibration issue since as well. I am hoping they are able to resolve this issue fairly quickly and it help solve the vibration issue.

The fantasy has had issues since the last dry dock. She had problems with both engines. And a oil line break causing a lot of smoke on the may 5th 2018 cruise. She has had a vibration issue since as well. I am hoping they are able to resolve this issue fairly quickly and it help solve the vibration issue.

Vibration issues have persisted since christening. Nothing changed in the last dry dock. So, unless this repair directly addressed it, I'm not holding out hope of that getting corrected.

If they offered a 7 day cruise with 2-3 stops at CC only, I'd be all over it. The ports do nothing for me and I stay on the ship and enjoy what's there anyhow.
Oh okay. I guess to each, their own, but we had an amazing time at the WC ports!

We just got off the Fantasy and the vibrations aft were terrible the entire week. We ate in Palo one night and it was horrible. When you ask any crew member about it they make it out like they don't know what youre talking about...They must be so sick of lying to guests all week long.

Also, they had a sewage issue late last week. Our cabin smelled sooooo bad last Friday. I heard it was an issue ship wide. Perhaps the Fantasy is having more than one issue this week??

It was our fifth Disney cruise and first voyage on the Fantasy but I am not sure I would cruise on her again, she really does shake!!

MsA
We were on the June 15 sailing and had a stateroom on deck 7. The second night (Sunday) our toilet stopped being able to flush and it lasted well into Monday afternoon. Our neighbors on either side had the same issue along with backup. We were compensated on Tuesday with a little swag in our room and many follow up phone calls making sure all issues were resolved. Something is definitely going on shipwide.

We were on the 8-day and my in-laws had terrible smells coming from the bathroom for several days. They finally replaced some part in the hall pipes and it seemed to clear it up...

We were on the May 25th sailing with a deck 7 stateroom. Our toilet stopped working for about 12 hours and it seemed to effect a large portion of our deck. It was a minor issue for us but seems like it may be an ongoing problem.

We are just off the Fantasy and were on Deck 9 Aft. There were a few times where we felt the vibrations and could definitely tell once they fixed it. Did not impact our experience. We had a great time and the $200 room credit was a nice bonus.

We are just off the Fantasy and were on Deck 9 Aft. There were a few times where we felt the vibrations and could definitely tell once they fixed it. Did not impact our experience. We had a great time and the $200 room credit was a nice bonus.

I heard they ALSO offered an additional 20% off of a future cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!