Disney Fantasy December 23, 2017 (Western Caribbean)

Has anyone thought about how they are getting to the port for this trip? We are still weighing up the options - hire a car or hire a private transfer. DCL bus is out of the question as gets there too late hahah :rotfl:

ok so I've been on the FB site for this cruise. the fish extender group started there is too large for me. 15 people per group. I'm flying and wont have that much room. I, and two other families, recently stated we would like to get one started with a group of 10 or lower. we have three...just need two more families to make 5, or obviously, 7 more families to make 10. it doesn't really matter, just would rather not go over 10. Actually, I prefer a lower number, 5 is just fine with me! anyway, I'm on the FB group...Jamie Johnson. if you want to pm on FB that's fine too. We can add anyone if you think this sounds goof for you! Can't wait!

Is it too late to join a fish extender group? We took the Fantasy two years ago and wondered what was hanging on the doors and thought it was cool. My husband and I are taking our two kids, 10 & 5. Please add me!

Is it too late to join a fish extender group? We took the Fantasy two years ago and wondered what was hanging on the doors and thought it was cool. My husband and I are taking our two kids, 10 & 5. Please add me!

The FE group for DISBoards has not started yet, so no, you are not too late :) I see you are new to the boards - you might want to check out the sticky threads in the main Cruise Meet forum for more information - here, here and here to help you on your way.

Thank you for the help! Also, I found one on Facebook if it helps you. Let me know and I will send her name if you need it and she is doing 10 in a group. Might be easier for packing. Do people give gifts for each day? For each family? Thank you!!!

Greetings people! Final payments are almost due, which means the cruise must be getting closer!! :cool1:

Since we do not have one yet, I am going to start the DisBoards FE Group today! :thumbsup2 If anyone is interested in joining, let me know! I can start a new thread with all the details if people would prefer, so we can keep this thread about planning, excursions, meets and greets, etc :goodvibes

Happy cruising! :boat::sail:

We just got back from the member cruise and I can start planning for this one! Yay!
Husband and our two girls, aged 8 and 12 will be celebrating my birthday on this cruise.
It will be cruise #4 for us.

Hello Fellow Merrytime Cruisers,

This is my family's first Disney Cruise, and we are wanting to get involved in the fish extenders group. We are not really sure how this process works. We have 8 people sailing with us (myself, my husband, my 6 year old son, my 3 year son, my mother, my sister, my 6 year old niece, and my brother-in-law. Do we give gifts once or every day?? Do we only give gifts for the kids or adults as well (either would be fine)?? If there is anything I am missing or did not think of, feel free to let me know.
We are very excited!!

Greetings people! Final payments are almost due, which means the cruise must be getting closer!! :cool1:

Since we do not have one yet, I am going to start the DisBoards FE Group today! :thumbsup2 If anyone is interested in joining, let me know! I can start a new thread with all the details if people would prefer, so we can keep this thread about planning, excursions, meets and greets, etc :goodvibes

Happy cruising! :boat::sail:
We are interested in joining a fish extender group.

Hello Fellow Merrytime Cruisers,

This is my family's first Disney Cruise, and we are wanting to get involved in the fish extenders group. We are not really sure how this process works. We have 8 people sailing with us (myself, my husband, my 6 year old son, my 3 year son, my mother, my sister, my 6 year old niece, and my brother-in-law. Do we give gifts once or every day?? Do we only give gifts for the kids or adults as well (either would be fine)?? If there is anything I am missing or did not think of, feel free to let me know.
We are very excited!!

Greetings @Morgan0614! Welcome to the cruise thread and your first Disney cruise!

How you do your FE gifts if generally up to you. You could do a daily gift, but on a large ship, and with a longer sail date, this could become time consuming. There is never enough time to do the cruise activities as it is! Personally, we like to do one gift, which can be delivered at any time during the cruise, but that's our preference. But if you would like to do daily gifts, you are more than welcome to. Adults like to be included in the FE experience, and you will find many adult-only travelling parties that join, and as such, I have never experienced a kids-only FE group, although they may exist. All FE groups that I have been a part of, or have run, have had the option to do one of the following:
1. Stateroom Gift - one gift that is directed at the family/travelling party (e.g. a family/travelling party activity like playing cards, etc)
2. Individual Gifts - one gift tailored to the age of each participant in the room (e.g. keyrings for adults, bubbles for children)
3. Stateroom & Individual Child/ren Gifts - one gift that is directed at the family/travelling party, with additional individual gifts for the children

So, the whole process is pretty flexible. I will post more details shortly about the FE group, and will add you now. Just as a reminder, as a new member to the board, you will not have access to your private messages until you reach 10 posts. Final confirmation and FE group details will be issued via PM closer to the time. :) Hope that helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with :)

Have any other silver cc club members checked in and registered for activities yet? We wanted to do Xplor, but it was already sold out. Kind of managed to get Palo brunch, and for some insane reason opted for parasailing at CC - I hate heights and it was my decision!!!! :eek:

We were just added to the FE thread! Hopefully many of the posters that expressed interest here will be joining it soon! We can't wait as this will be our first FE!!

Has anyone thought about how they are getting to the port for this trip? We are still weighing up the options - hire a car or hire a private transfer. DCL bus is out of the question as gets there too late hahah :rotfl:
We booked with Cortrans Shuttle. They have very high rating reviews, get to the port at 1115 and were reasonable with no hidden charges.

We booked with Cortrans Shuttle. They have very high rating reviews, get to the port at 1115 and were reasonable with no hidden charges.
That sounds like a good idea. Glad you got a reasonable price! We have now decided to do a one way car rental for 24hrs, picking up from one of the rental places along Hotel Boulevard, down at Disney Springs so we can get to Walmart for water shopping and Xmas decs/mini tree. We have a 10.30am PAT so want to make the most of it :) It was also cheaper for three adults.

First time cruisers - Our daughter's Wish Trip
We have so many questions about the trip and super excited!

Cruise question- we are totally newbies. What kind of spending money do kids need? Grandparents wondering about giving them some Christmas money for the cruise- but not sure if they need any??

First time cruisers - Our daughter's Wish Trip
We have so many questions about the trip and super excited!

Hello and welcome to the Disboards and our Merrytime Fantasy cruise thread. You will find answers to everything on here somewhere but whatever questions you have just ask away :-)
If you would like to join the FE group for this cruise you can find the information here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/fe-group-only-fantasy-23rd-december-2017.3638030/
Happy cruise researching :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter