Disney Fan attending my first MNSSHP

Kay Rod

Earning My Ears
I am a regular Disney World fan and know a lot about the parks. This week I’m attending MNSSHP for THS first time. In fact, it’s my first hard ticket event ever.

Advice from those who have attended before would be wonderful. I’m bringing a nephew who is 17 with me. What things are must do’s or food that we have to try?

There is a great thread here dedicated to it with everything you need to know. Just look for one that says MNSSHP and is like 200 pages. All the info is on the first one. Have fun!

Huge thread on it your going to have an amazing time...come in early at 4 and enjoy the park with everyone!

I love the parade ( make sure you see it all like get there early) and the fireworks

My advice is to ignore the rides and use your time to experience all the special Halloween events. We can barely fit in everything we want to do and see and we often NEVER do any rides or only ride Haunted Mansion if the line isn't too bad. While we love all the shows, the parade, etc. we also love just wandering around and enjoying the atmosphere and seeing everyone's costumes. We plan out our evening by finding a MNSSHP guide online so we know the times for all the events. Don't miss Jack and Sally! The line is super long but it is well worth it.

I am a regular Disney World fan and know a lot about the parks. This week I’m attending MNSSHP for THS first time. In fact, it’s my first hard ticket event ever.

Advice from those who have attended before would be wonderful. I’m bringing a nephew who is 17 with me. What things are must do’s or food that we have to try?

The first page of this thread is a must-read, in my humble opinion: "Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Then as you get more up to speed, the first few posts of this thread are good too: “Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

My personal priorities at MNSSHP:

- Rides (most have short/no waits)
- Treat lines
- Boo To You Parade (either one or both)
- Hallowishes Fireworks
- Take in the atmosphere

I don't choose to do special characters as to me the lines are too long and it eats up too much party time. If you want to do Jack and Sally like the PP suggests, make sure to read up on just what time people get in line, how long people usually wait, etc. The demand for special character photos is pretty extreme.

But there are lots of different party strategies so no one size fits all.

BTW, :welcome: to the DIS!

Make sure you at least go on POTC. I heard they are doing something special in it that you won’t want to miss. I won’t say what as to not spoil it for anyone.

ETA: Mme Leota also sits outside the HM talking while you’re in line and it’s entertaining. And there is a special magic shot there (as well as other places during the party so look for those)

The parade, hands down, is the best parade on property ( IMO ). That's a must see.

We like to do at least a few of the rides ( POTC and HM for sure ) and we stop for a few candy stops along the way.

Be forewarned - dining for regular food isn't the easiest at the party as there are limited dining locations open ( and I think only QS - but someone will jump in if that's not correct).

We made the party day our MK day too ( which we're starting later in the day to avoid park burn out ) and so we plan to take a break and head over to one of the resorts for a quick meal around 4p then come back in for the party.

The parade, hands down, is the best parade on property ( IMO ). That's a must see.

We like to do at least a few of the rides ( POTC and HM for sure ) and we stop for a few candy stops along the way.

Be forewarned - dining for regular food isn't the easiest at the party as there are limited dining locations open ( and I think only QS - but someone will jump in if that's not correct).

We made the party day our MK day too ( which we're starting later in the day to avoid park burn out ) and so we plan to take a break and head over to one of the resorts for a quick meal around 4p then come back in for the party.
They do table service too but you must have a ticket for the event and then table service eats up too much time so I would not do it IMHO

We went to our first MNSSHP a couple of years ago and loved it! We got there so we could get in the gate at 4:00. We were dressed like characters from Toy Story, so we made our way to have our picture with Buzz Lightyear. We wanted to do this before the party started.

Tip for watching the parade: We sat on the porch of the Frontierland Trading Post (gift shop). We got there early and a few of us guarded our spot while the rest of us used the "secret" passageway to Adventureland and got Dole Whips for everybody. The Dapper Dans came before the parade and stopped right in front of us and performed. During the party, they are all zombied up and was it great to hear them sing Grim Grinning Ghosts. I think they are technically called Cadaver Dans during the party. It was a treat to hear them. It is a great place to see the parade. My family is kind of over watching the parades, but we all loved this one and want to go back again to see it! :)

We didn't wait in any character meet and greets, but it was fun walking by and seeing them in their "Halloween" costumes.

We rode rides and enjoyed the shorter lines.

Some of our party watched the castle show and loved it!

The QS restaurants seemed packed the night we went...so we just enjoyed snacks!

Dressing up was a lot of fun! We didn't do anything too elaborate, but it was fun to see others dressed up and also when they told us they liked our costumes!

I know you will have a great time!

My priorities are:

1) Moana - assuming she's meeting this year
2) Parade
3) Fireworks

Other than that, just taking it all in - with some allergy trick-or-treating thrown in.

The MNSSHP is my absolute favorite at Disney - I adore the fireworks and the parade - they are spectacular. You can't miss the parade - it's fantastic. And the fireworks!

I agree to not waste time on the rides - except perhaps those with the new Halloween theming might be worth a look.
Eat dinner before the party starts
Definitely trick-or-treat - I love doing this as an older adult - just a lot of fun - where else can I do this as an old lady? lol
I met Jack once at the MVMCP and that's the best character experience I've ever had. I'd love to meet Jack and Sally at the MNSSHP but those other things have always taken priority.
If there happens to be 2 parties while you're there - it's worth going to both if you can swing it - one for the parades and fireworks - one for characters and maybe those rides with the Halloween theming.
Don't miss the Cadaver Dans if you can!

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your suggestions and advice. We had a great time at the party. We didn’t do any meet and greets or candy trick or treating. My nephew decided rides, fireworks, and parade were the priority.

One of the best parts was running into Steve Porter and Charles Boda taking photos of the Jack Skellington push pop. I totally fanned out and gushed over seeing them.

Again thanks for your help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter