Disney eliminates outside vendor drop off/pickup services. Must meet vendor for drop off/pickup (mobility devices only so far it seems)

I saw that too. It looks like their source is one of the stroller companies. I wonder why they have the info but Disney hasn’t said anything yet. If this is true, this is 100% not cool.

What I want to know is, if I book a stroller rental now for my trip next year, can it be delivered to bell services? Or is the “grace period” only through the month of October?

I hope Disney releases an official statement soon with some more detailed information. I’m surprised that Kingdom Strollers had the information and made a video before Disney even made an announcement!

Strollers or ECV reservations made before Oct. 1 can be handled at Bell Services; after that date, face to face drop off and pick up times must be arranged for each reservation. So what about usage needed for months past Oct. but reserved before Oct.? It will be a logistics nightmare for large providers, and may be a precursor to even more service staff cuts...who knows. Prices go up, service goes down...

What I want to know is, if I book a stroller rental now for my trip next year, can it be delivered to bell services? Or is the “grace period” only through the month of October?

I hope Disney releases an official statement soon with some more detailed information. I’m surprised that Kingdom Strollers had the information and made a video before Disney even made an announcement!
I feel that Disney would have notified the major players first so that they can make adjustments. Kingdom Strollers is just getting the word out to their customers ahead of Disney.

Traveling in Jan.--wish this were clearer...

I just called Buena Vista and they confirmed it as well. They said they don't have all of the details yet. I have a reservation for Feb 2020...BV said that since it was already booked it was business as usual...not sure how that is going to work though. They encouraged me to call WDW and voice displeasure.

The video says reservation made before October 1st aren’t affected so it sounds like they’ll be grandfathered in.

Oh no! I wonder if this applies to Amazon Now as well? I don't love the idea of having a set pick up and drop off time for the strollers. I like the freedom of popping by the front desk whenever is convenient for us to drop off the stroller, not be tied down to a particular time.

I guess they want us to use their grocery delivery service which is so much more expensive than any of the outside sources. Whatever, I’ll just drive to Walmart on the way in from the airport.

I hope this doesn't include grocery delivery. Just found Dizzy Dolphin this past trip and loved their service.

Be careful Disney...be verra verra careful. Between the price increases, parking fees, outrageou tickets prices and every dang thing else, and now this...you are this close, this. close. to the tipping point for many of your long time loyal clients. You aren't the only game in town. We always use outside vendors for everything. Just one more straw to add to the camel's back. Sooo Close......

Wow...every change Disney has made in the past several years (or increase) has been one I am vehemently opposed to or disappointed in. Including this one. And yet, EVERY. SINGLE. CHANGE has not applied to us. We are DVC so don't get charged parking. DVC resorts weren't open to pet dogs. We don't have kids so the stroller changes didn't apply, nor did the ice rules. And on and on. We're very lucky. But I am positive there are some out there who are not and every one of these changes marks someones breaking point.

WOW! I am going to see if I can still book what I need for December before 10/1. This is craziness. Taking yet another thing away from onsite guests. I would have gladly paid for this added convenience rather than it being completely stripped away. I will be voicing my displeasure to guest relations!

The stroller companies can probably figure this out -- will be less convenient, but if they are offering 3 times every morning and afternoon to pick-up/drop-off, I'd say people can make that work. For us, we rent a double stroller but don't absolutely need it the second we step off Magical Express. And we generally don't go to the parks our first day.

I'm more worried about my Amazon Now orders. Disney does not have the kind of food my mom needs to eat. We order almost everything from grocery delivery. I wonder if they can manage the same with six drop-off times per day. I sure hope so! We have a trip booked and too late to change anything about it now.

Anything more on whether "all vendors" means Amazon, Garden Grocery?

What's annoying is how precious time is on your Disney vacation. We can calculate the money (generally) before the trip and plan for it. But this is going to cost folks time -- with no way to pay their way out of it. It will breed a different kind of frustration than the constant increases in prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter