Disney Dream, Sailing September 25th

Rachel.Nicol

Earning My Ears
Hi, My family is looking for other people on our cruise to participate in a Fish Extenders group. This is our first cruise ever, and we are SO looking forward to our Disney vacation. We're staying a few days at WDW before and after our sailing and managed to catch free dining, EPCOT food and wine festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party all in one vacation. I think I may just be the happiest DisNerd in town. I look forward to meeting you, and my family has been contemplating FE gifts for a couple of months now. This is going to be so fun!

Hi, My family is looking for other people on our cruise to participate in a Fish Extenders group. This is our first cruise ever, and we are SO looking forward to our Disney vacation. We're staying a few days at WDW before and after our sailing and managed to catch free dining, EPCOT food and wine festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party all in one vacation. I think I may just be the happiest DisNerd in town. I look forward to meeting you, and my family has been contemplating FE gifts for a couple of months now. This is going to be so fun!
This is our first cruise too. We are doing the opposite from you guys. We are cruising first then going to DW after. We don't have small kids anymore but are bring my 10 yo niece to experience the wonder of Disney World.

I am just finding out about Fish Extenders, but what to participate. Can't wait to meet you. :-)

If we only have a small group would you be opposed to a gift exchange between the girls, with a set price cap?

Well, since our girls are about the same age (my daughter is 11) we can meet the first morning of the cruise over breakfast, introduce them to each other, and have them exchange gifts (maybe in the $15-$20 range). That way when they go to the kid's Oceaneers club they already have a friend. I'm just throwing around suggestions here. If you have already bought fish extender pockets, we can do little gifts left at the stateroom door, like they usually do.

I also have a 10 yr old daughter and would love for her to have friends on the cruise!
oiu

I also have a 10 yr old daughter and would love for her to have friends on the cruise!

oiu

That's great Robin! It's the more the merrier as far as I am concerned. I propose we all meet at the entrance to the Enchanted Garden at 9 am for breakfast on September 26, with one gift for the girls to exchange, costing between $15-$20. We can share a table, and encourage the kids to get to know each other. Let me know what you think.

I have a 9 year old son who will be on the cruise! We are interested in the exchange program. I'm new to this- how many people should I get things for? I look forward to meeting some of you!

I have a 9 year old son who will be on the cruise! We are interested in the exchange program. I'm new to this- how many people should I get things for? I look forward to meeting some of you!

Hi Nicki, since we are a small group, and we are so close to our sailing date (I'm going to Disney World prior to sailing and my daughter and I are taking an educational road trip as part of our adventure, so I only have 13 days before I leave, and a lot to do) we have been discussing a gift exchange breakfast between the children instead of the traditional fish extenders where several small gifts are at the stateroom door. I've asked that each family's gift cost between $15-$20 so that the children get something nice, but not extravagant.
I have already chosen a gift appropriate for a 10 year old girl, because besides my daughter both of the other participating families have 10 year old girls, but I'm sure someone will volunteer to bring a gender neutral gift, or one tailored for a boy. I would love to have your son feel included and welcomed by this group too. Hopefully everyone e-mail notifications for posts to this thread, and we will get a volunteer to be your son's gift-giver (do we call this a Secret Sailor exchange instead of a Secret Santa? I don't know)

Hi Rachel,

That sounds great! We are on for a wedding actually but have a lot of young kids just not many tween age :) I will get a girl gift then and meet for breakfast with you guys!! I've never done this so just let me know when and where to meet and my son and I will be there with gift in hand :)
Hi Nicki, since we are a small group, and we are so close to our sailing date (I'm going to Disney World prior to sailing and my daughter and I are taking an educational road trip as part of our adventure, so I only have 13 days before I leave, and a lot to do) we have been discussing a gift exchange breakfast between the children instead of the traditional fish extenders where several small gifts are at the stateroom door. I've asked that each family's gift cost between $15-$20 so that the children get something nice, but not extravagant.
I have already chosen a gift appropriate for a 10 year old girl, because besides my daughter both of the other participating families have 10 year old girls, but I'm sure someone will volunteer to bring a gender neutral gift, or one tailored for a boy. I would love to have your son feel included and welcomed by this group too. Hopefully everyone e-mail notifications for posts to this thread, and we will get a volunteer to be your son's gift-giver (do we call this a Secret Sailor exchange instead of a Secret Santa? I don't know)

Hi Rachel,

That sounds great! We are on for a wedding actually but have a lot of young kids just not many tween age :) I will get a girl gift then and meet for breakfast with you guys!! I've never done this so just let me know when and where to meet and my son and I will be there with gift in hand :)

Hi Nicki,
Let's meet at the Enchanted Garden at 9 am for breakfast on the 26th. I'm looking forward to it.
-Rachel

Can't wait to see everyone for breakfast on the 26. If I am reading this right we have 3 girls and one boy - I think that is a nice grouping. I will be happy to get the little boys gift - or do we get one for everyone?

I would be happy to get a gift for everyone. Let me know what we decide on. Looking forward to meeting you all!

I am just finding out about FE and what to participate. I saw your small group of people doing a FE exchange, but I want my kids to get the surprise everyday, not just one. Please respond if you are interested. We are a group of 10. 6 adults, 4 kids(ages 12-8).

Thanks!!!

I am just finding out about FE and what to participate. I saw your small group of people doing a FE exchange, but I want my kids to get the surprise everyday, not just one. Please respond if you are interested. We are a group of 10. 6 adults, 4 kids(ages 12-8).

Thanks!!!

I am interested. Do you happen to have any boys in your group? I have an almost 10 year old boy :)

Can't wait to see everyone for breakfast on the 26. If I am reading this right we have 3 girls and one boy - I think that is a nice grouping. I will be happy to get the little boys gift - or do we get one for everyone?
I am fine getting a gift for everyone. See new member post below as well. They have ten more and would like the traditional exchange program. I am fine either way. Let me know what your guys' preferences are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter