cbat65

Earning My Ears
My fiancé and I are going on our Honeymoon in November for a 4-night merry time cruise ... what is your preferred dining rotation? It sounds like we will be in the same dining room 2 & 3 ... is it worth requesting a specific rotation? First time on a Disney Cruise so all recommendations appreciated! Thanks!

On the Dream Class ships I prefer to ask for Animator’s Palate on Pirate Night.

My fiancé and I are going on our Honeymoon in November for a 4-night merry time cruise ... what is your preferred dining rotation? It sounds like we will be in the same dining room 2 & 3 ... is it worth requesting a specific rotation? First time on a Disney Cruise so all recommendations appreciated! Thanks!
We've never requested a specific dining rotation. I like all the dining rooms. And, even when you repeat a MDR, the menu is different each time.

I wouldn't bother requesting a specific rotation; in my opinion the only reason to ask for a certain rotation is if you are planning on eating at Palo/Remy on a certain night and wanted to coordinate your MDRs around that. It is your first cruise, no matter what your rotation is you will enjoy it.

Having said that, I would consider if you want to ask for a private table. It is very likely (unless you booked concierge) that you would get paired up with other people for your dining. Some people REALLY like dining with new people and making new friends, other people REALLY hate dining with strangers. You have a better chance of dining alone if you just request the separate table than if you say, "I want to be in Enchanted Garden on night one AND have a private table." On my honeymoon, I would have wanted to focus on my lovely wife and not be forced to interact with other couples/families.

I've never bothered to request a particular rotation. Especially if it's your first cruise, I'm not sure you'll really know what you prefer so just leave it up to random chance and enjoy.

My family had a rotation of: Animator's Palate, Enchanted Garden, Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace and we were good with it. The second night of Enchanted Garden was Pirate's Night with a different menu than the first night. But overall, I liked the rotation that we had. Going into the trip I thought that it'd be nice to have Animator's Palate twice, but later thought that it was a good way to kind of open up the trip, since we had an almost 3-year-old with us, and that Royal Palace was a nice way to end the trip on the more formal night of the dining rotation. But I know that we would've loved the rotation no matter what it was.

As far as requesting a particular order, as long as you don't have a Remy or Palo dinner booked, I don't think the rotation really matters. Every night should be a different menu so it's not like you'll actually repeat a menu so you'll be able to experience the differences of all of the dining rooms and their menus.

I wouldn't bother requesting a specific rotation; in my opinion the only reason to ask for a certain rotation is if you are planning on eating at Palo/Remy on a certain night and wanted to coordinate your MDRs around that. It is your first cruise, no matter what your rotation is you will enjoy it.

Having said that, I would consider if you want to ask for a private table. It is very likely (unless you booked concierge) that you would get paired up with other people for your dining. Some people REALLY like dining with new people and making new friends, other people REALLY hate dining with strangers. You have a better chance of dining alone if you just request the separate table than if you say, "I want to be in Enchanted Garden on night one AND have a private table." On my honeymoon, I would have wanted to focus on my lovely wife and not be forced to interact with other couples/families.

Just curious- how do you request a private table and when do you do it? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter