Disney Dining Show--Best and Worst Feedback

ThePhantom0230

Earning My Ears
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I couldn't decide if it belongs here or in the Dis Unplugged Podcast board.

I think the last time there was an audience participation (vote on the boards and we'll talk about it) portion to the favorite and least favorite I had this idea, but I didn't have an account. Watching the video about Favorite and Least Favorite Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studio sit downs, I thought of this again. Instead of considering the places that get the least amount of votes you could have a separate poll for least favorite. Then you weed out the places that get fewer votes because of people not having gone there (which I would say is why Tiffins and Mama Melrose probably lagged behind) rather than people straight up not liking the food or experience there. I know it's late in the game for that now and maybe it's already been thought up, brought up, and hashed out and if so I apologize for bringing it up again.

I've had this exact same thought. NOT voting something as your favorite is not the same thing as voting FOR something as your LEAST favorite. It's a completely different question. Take Pete's very consistent and public opinion of Hollywood & Vine. He hates that place. If he were to vote for his least favorite TS at HS, this would be it. But if he were to vote on the poll, he'd vote for the one that was his favorite (I'm guessing Brown Derby). And someone, who maybe hasn't tried that many TS restaurants, or maybe has done just a couple, might vote for H&V because that's all they've experienced. Or, as in the Epcot poll, Takumi Tei got the second least votes, but that's just because no one has eaten there.

So if there was a poll for least favorite, I bet there'd be some different results.

Agreed. This has been brought up in comments on previous polls and discussions a few times, but they continue to do it this way. Taking the restaurants that receive the least votes in a "best" poll leads to inaccurate results and is not a correct "worst" list. However, it hasn't changed anything as to how they do the polls, so you just have to take the results as inaccurate and are therefore just a topic of discussion. But, when they complain in their discussions about items that end up on what they call "worst" lists, it comes across that they don't even understand the difference.

No. We told them before. And Pete fixed it before. A whole thread came up after Starbucks was the “worst” for Epcot or HS (I can’t remember.) Is Starbucks the least liked or worst? Of course not, just not the first thing that comes to people’s mind or the reason to go to Disney so it got the fewest votes.
I am sure the Starbucks at Disney are fine. Actually my understanding is it’s a great use of a snack credit (not a QS), which was another reason the poll was flawed at the time.

Last edited:
I mean I didn't vote at all in the Magic Kingdom poll, because in the three times I've been to Disney (1989, 2000, and 2017), I've eaten at a sit down place exactly once. So I have nothing to compare it to. In the other two polls, I votes because I at least had eaten at a few of the places so I felt that I had some place in that park to compare it to.
EDIT to add quote:
No. We told them before. And Pete fixed it before. A whole thread came up after Starbucks was the “worst” for Epcot or HS (I can’t remember.) Is Starbucks the least liked or worst? Of course not, just not the first thing that comes to people’s mind or the reason to go to Disney so it got the fewest votes.
I am sure the Starbucks at Disney are fine. Actually my understanding is it’s a great use of a snack credit (not a QS), which was another reason the poll was flawed at the time.
I mean it's Starbucks so whatever your feeling about Starbucks it's going to stay the same no matter what. it's a good use of a snack credit if you like Starbucks or don't like Joffreys or whatever.

Agreed. I think they changed it for while where there were two separate polls, but now it's back to just one poll. With one poll, the loser is just the one that is the least people's favorite, not necessarily the one people like the least. It could actually be everyone's second choice.

But the discussion is still fun to listen to.

Okay, I watched part of one and it’s not as bad as when they used to flip the results and call the ones with the fewest votes the “Top 5 worst.”

But I still agree about how they were phrasing it, least favorite is a different question, restaurants have different capacities. It may be people simply haven’t tried it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter