Disney Did It To Me Again!

Yensid67

Mouseketeer
I got the call yesterday that Disney had exercised its Right of First Refusal on an OKW contract I was trying to buy. This is the second time in the last couple of years this has happened. The contract that I lost to Disney yesterday didn't have any points available this year or next. At best, I would have been able to borrow from it next year from the year after. I was sure that the lack of current available points would steer Disney away from it, but I was wrong. I'm disappointed and frustrated, to say the least.

It's just part and parcel of buying resale. Consider how Disney's RoFR increases your sell value by allowing a 3rd party to these sales. Happened to me 3 times in a row before my first contract.

I should have seen it coming. Disney raised their asking price for OKW from $170 to $180 a point right around the time my offer was accepted. This obviously would raise the price Disney is willing to pay to buy back OKW contracts.

Well, that just means you're a good negotiator! For the first year after I bought a resale contract, I would watch the ROFR thread wondering if I had made a good deal.

(Now my regret is not buying BWV at under $100/pp - I was turned off by the 2042 end date and no dedicated 2BR, but we love the resort!)

No problem, there are plenty more! Get one with points now and get your fix now haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter