Disney cruising Down Under?

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
Am I the only one holding my breath on the possibility of Disney cruising out of Sydney late next year?

https://www.cruising.org.au/ccms.r?Pageid=6022&tenid=CLIA&DispMode=goto|10447 - Disney is exhibiting for the first time ever at Cruise 360 in August.

The Disney Wonder's last cruise scheduled for 2023 finishes September 19th.

https://opengovau.com/company/657420570 Magical Cruise Company listed with ASIC in March 2022.

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/cruise-schedule/ An "unnamed vessel" from an "unnamed line" is scheduled to dock in Sydney on October 27th 2023. Disney has used the unnamed option before announcing cruises before.

I'm letting myself get excited, despite the fact that Disney has gotten closer to an Australian cruise before pulling the plug on it than this before, but still. If it comes, I'll be on it.

I can't wait! I'm just afraid of the cost!!! It might be even more expensive than the European cruises and those are already super expensive....might still be cheaper to travel to the USA and have DCL cruise there!!

Last edited:
You shut your mouth! It's going to be super cheap for 💫reasons💫 and I won't hear anything else about it!

My brain is starting to get excited that maybe it could be true. I wonder where the cruises would go to. Could they build a private island in Australia in the future? How many I could justify in a cruise season?

Oh yes - let's do an Australian Disboards Cruise!. I remember the meet ups we had in Sydney. All the kids would be grown up now.

I'll definitely be on board (hoping for the the first cruise on Oct 27/28). The fact that they are at the cruising expo is exciting. I wonder if we can find anyone who is going?

Last edited:
Nothing seemed to come out of the expo the other day, so now I guess we wait until d23

Our dreams have come true - the Disney Wonder will be sailing to Sydney in October 2023!!! and not sailing back till February 2024. The info below was posted on the Disney Cruise Line Blog - they have not announced the itineraries for Australia and New Zealand yet.

I can't keep calm - I'm going on a Disney Cruise.

Can't wait to have my countdown on the app once I have booked.

1662928561875.png

The Disney Wonder will embark on these “Disney Magic at Sea” cruises through February 2024, ranging from two to six nights and departing from four home ports: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, Australia; and Auckland, New Zealand.“Disney Magic at Sea” bookings open September 29 for Australia and New Zealand and repositioning sailings open October 6 for the general public.

Flight centre have just sent an email advertising the cruises saying 2 to 6 might sailings and getting you to sign up for email alerts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter