• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Club Card

zuzu

Earning My Ears
This may be old news but I found out today that I could renew my Disney Club card until December 31st when the program ends. It originally expired 8/30 so for $9.98 I get the remainder of the year. I sure am going to miss that card!:(

That little bit of investment wil be saving me over $100 for 3 nights at the AK in December.

From what I've learned on here and elsewhere on the web, if a better deal comes along in the form of codes, I should still be able to convert my ressie.

I take it that there aren't any AP or room only codes yet for after Labor Day or have I overlooked them?

No AP rates or codes out for that time period as yet. Everyone going after August is anxiously waiting for them to be announced.

Originally posted by zuzu
This may be old news but I found out today that I could renew my Disney Club card until December 31st when the program ends. It originally expired 8/30 so for $9.98 I get the remainder of the year. I sure am going to miss that card!:(

That little bit of investment wil be saving me over $100 for 3 nights at the AK in December.

From what I've learned on here and elsewhere on the web, if a better deal comes along in the form of codes, I should still be able to convert my ressie.

I take it that there aren't any AP or room only codes yet for after Labor Day or have I overlooked them?

:( :( I also am really going o miss that card. For years we got one from my husbands union for free. Then when you had to pay we did because I knew I would get my $$$ worth. Just the discounts at Disney Store I got my monies worth. Plus the free subscription to Disney magazine. I was able to buy AP passes at a discounted rate. And when I make my room ressies I would get which ever deal was best at the time. When I bought vacation packages we got extras like 75.00 in disney money, extra character meal, etc. Also got discounts at some WDW resturants. I WILL MISS MY CLUB CARD!!!! :eek:

Where can you renew it at? I'd really like to renew my card for my September trip, mine expires 8/3.

To renew your card just call the number on the back of your card. I renewed mine for my December trip and it was simple. I just called the 800# on the back of the card and charged the money to renew my card. They prorate the fee based on how many months you need to add to make it to December.

I am going to miss this program so bad. I will not get their Visa card and I am feeling like I am now not going to have many means left of getting discounts on anything. I would love to hear that they decide to continue it in December or that they have another program that will replace it (without having to use their charge card).

jenanderson said:
I will not get their Visa card

Neither will I. I don't use credit cards--ever. I have used my Disney Club Card enough that it paid for itself many times over. I renewed mine through the end of December (it would have expired in September) so that I would have it for my upcoming trip. Maybe this year I'll remember to bring it with me...I left it sitting on my dining room table last trip!

Beth

This is the phone number I called: 800-654-6347. I believe you can call until 1:00 AM Eastern.
Anyone thought about writing Disney to request they renew some version of the Disney Club? I wonder if an old-fashioned letter writing campaign would help. Do people still write letters?
zuzu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter