Disney character M&G back??

Do you know if I give concierge an autograph book for my girls if the characters will sign it "behind the scenes"??
I honestly do not. I know they have done that in the past, but that was way before covid. I can't remember them doing any autographs- they used to do pillowcases etc. in many years

On the Dream now. Still distanced character meetings. Inconsistent picture taking by the staff handlers. Some will gladly take your photo, others not - they said it is staff member choice. Luckily there are always other guests able to take photos for you, but it always seems rude to ask another guest. Saw two instances where little girls went to hug the princesses and were politely told no. The princesses were amazing, but still sad to see a hug rejected and a little girl crying because rapunzel didn’t want to hug her :(

Do you know if I give concierge an autograph book for my girls if the characters will sign it "behind the scenes"??
A few years ago (pre-covid) I tried to drop off something with guest services to get signed as a souvenir for my nephew and they told me they no longer to that. If they brought that back, I'd love to know!

I just got an email from concierge services this week regarding the Royal Gathering for our cruise early September. The email stated that the gathering would be socially distanced.

This is one of those things where I didn't realize how crucial the meet and greets were to the magic of my cruise experience until it wasn't available. To have Disney include DCL on all of the "hugs are returning" posts and to have all the travel agents repeat it, only to take a cruise and it not have returned and to have no future date of when they will return is just maddening from my perspective. I made a placeholder reservation when I was on my April 23 cruise and now I find myself wondering if I should just ask for that deposit back. Truthfully, it feels like Disney is just purposefully misleading people to try and get whatever participation they can get on the cruises. Every day that passes after April 18th (the supposed return date) I find myself feeling more and more bitter, like Disney lied and the magic is gone.

Now before someone jumps on me for not being sensitive to crew safety, please believe me, I am. I want the crew to be safe and to feel safe. If that's the reason for hugs not returning, why not just own that and say it? But, I'm just wondering, if Disney's priority was crew safety, why announce they were returning to the cruises at all? Whoever they had crunching data had to have known the numbers and risk. They would have known they should have delayed? An easy addition of "the environment of a cruise is different, and while we look forward to bringing character hugs back to DCL in the future, at this time we want to prioritize the safety and comfort of our castmembers" would have avoided all of this confusion.

Anyways. I hope I'm not alone in my frustration. But for all those who aren't bothered, I guess I'm jealous of you! I just feel like I'm chasing a pre-covid Disney magic that's never coming back.

A few years ago (pre-covid) I tried to drop off something with guest services to get signed as a souvenir for my nephew and they told me they no longer to that. If they brought that back, I'd love to know!
Yes, I tried that in 2019 too with same reply. I was thinking (likely naively) that sailing in concierge may afford a special perk.

Yes, I tried that in 2019 too with same reply. I was thinking (likely naively) that sailing in concierge may afford a special perk.
The problem is they do it once even in concierge it’ll become a nightmare as it spreads just like it did before- when it’s signed ‘wrong’ or x/y/z character did or did not sign it-

Cause even doing it what 76x (assuming each Wish concierge room wants one or 152 if each room wants 2) puts a strain on the cast.

The problem is they do it once even in concierge it’ll become a nightmare as it spreads just like it did before- when it’s signed ‘wrong’ or x/y/z character did or did not sign it-

Cause even doing it what 76x (assuming each Wish concierge room wants one or 152 if each room wants 2) puts a strain on the cast.
Of course, as of right now I'm on the magic to Norway with what looks like 60% occupancy in concierge, so far less #of cabins at baseline and many unoccupied... so I have the tiniest of hopes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter