Disney CareerStart Program Fall 2009

Ahhh!!! Not long left till we can apply!:D

I talked to Career Start Reps today for the Disney World Program and they don't have a definite date yet. The rep I talked to said that they put it on hold until the end of February but told me to keep checking back in. I want to apply now!! lol I am soooo anxious.

Ha I dont know I call every other day or so and Called this morning and they said that it was indeed going to be the 11th.....so I dont know maybe we are getting the wrong people to talk too.:(

Just called again twice and talked to Sarah and Heather and they said that Feb 11th is going to be the day. J.Simms Im not sure who you talked to, I would try again and see what they say.

Ha I dont know I call every other day or so and Called this morning and they said that it was indeed going to be the 11th.....so I dont know maybe we are getting the wrong people to talk too.:(

Just called again twice and talked to Sarah and Heather and they said that Feb 11th is going to be the day. J.Simms Im not sure who you talked to, I would try again and see what they say.

Sounds good to me. I don't think the person I talked to had any idea. lol I hope it is indeed the 11th. :) :)

Thats why I called twice and I talked to two different people, and they both said the same thing so...we should be okay!

J Simms - They're supposed to be coming out with a new application. The one currently on the CS site is not the new one. I don't believe thy are accepting the applications for CS 2009 quite yet :confused3

Yeah J. They are holding off on the CS program...:S LOL someone's reading your application going..uhh ok:D

Yeah I just talked to a recruiter and she said that they won't start accepting applications until late march. This is really making me nervous. Why do they keep pushing it back? :sad1:

LOL. yeah i faxed it this morning and mailed it in. hahaha I feel like a dumby now.

For this past fall they started applying in late March. So it's not that big of a deal. I can tell you this, the program will be full by late April because that is when I had sent in my application and couldn't get interview because they stopped recruiting right then.

Thanks for that info! We just had our hopes up for Feb. 11, so now it seems like a long time to wait, but it'll be here before we know it.

Good Afternoon everyone, my name is nick from Michigan and I had a few questions in regards to the Internship program/career program at Disney. I have a Disney recruiter coming to a community college near my house in the next few days for recruitment.

My question: I want to do the Disney College Intern program but, I took this term (winter) off. Could i still apply? Does anyone know the policy on that? Or am I screwed and have to wait till next year or season?

What are the pros and cons working in the CP?

I currently have only about 20 credits (very low) in college -had to take a few terms off due to family illness' and emergencies.

My goal is to start a career with Disney. Would it be possible after the college internship (while still in FL) to have a full time position with Disney? Can this happen? Or is it rare? Would they offer me a full time position with Disney or do I need a degree to even think about getting a full time job?

It would be great if I can work the internship then either stay for another term in Disney or move to a full time career.

But first, I have to figure out if I'm even eligible to participate due to the fact I took off this semester. I have so many more questions... Could someone get back with me in regards to this? Sorry for the millions of questions...lol I just want to make the right moves.

Good Afternoon everyone, my name is nick from Michigan and I had a few questions in regards to the Internship program/career program at Disney. I have a Disney recruiter coming to a community college near my house in the next few days for recruitment.

My question: I want to do the Disney College Intern program but, I took this term (winter) off. Could i still apply? Does anyone know the policy on that? Or am I screwed and have to wait till next year or season?

What are the pros and cons working in the CP?

I currently have only about 20 credits (very low) in college -had to take a few terms off due to family illness' and emergencies.

My goal is to start a career with Disney. Would it be possible after the college internship (while still in FL) to have a full time position with Disney? Can this happen? Or is it rare? Would they offer me a full time position with Disney or do I need a degree to even think about getting a full time job?

It would be great if I can work the internship then either stay for another term in Disney or move to a full time career.

But first, I have to figure out if I'm even eligible to participate due to the fact I took off this semester. I have so many more questions... Could someone get back with me in regards to this? Sorry for the millions of questions...lol I just want to make the right moves.

Unfortunately you need to be a student when you apply (either PT or FT). So you will need to wait til next semester.

It is possible to go FT after the CP ends. It all depends on availability.

Just got off the phone with them and they said that the career start program isn't accepting applications and that "We have no need for the program for this fall". They said if they do decide to open the program it will be end of march.

This stinks. :(

Just got off the phone with them and they said that the career start program isn't accepting applications and that "We have no need for the program for this fall". They said if they do decide to open the program it will be end of march.

This stinks.

:scared:

That's not good news. I may end up applying for DLR CS after all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter