Disney cancelling experiences including DDP

GirlDreamer

DIS Veteran
So I've just read updated information on the Disney website and it doesn't look good :sad2: They're cancelling all existing dining reservations and DDP included in packages through the end of the year. They're also cancelling experience bookings like behind the scenes tours and all fastpasses. They're also changing to a 60 day booking window for dining.

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/travel-information-updates/

Can you imagine if FP comes back next year at 60 days onsite and ADR’s also remain at 60 days. For up our U.K. bookings that’s 10 days for bot, we will need a day off work to deal with it!

I'm just curious if this will entitle us to any money back even if we go. I mean the dining offer is "free" so they might not refund that at all. Also our tickets includes parkhoppers, so what happens if we're can't park hop.

We're going for 3 weeks, so having to add food costs to our already very pricey holiday will add a lot of extra costs.

I'm just curious if this will entitle us to any money back even if we go. I mean the dining offer is "free" so they might not refund that at all. Also our tickets includes parkhoppers, so what happens if we're can't park hop.

We're going for 3 weeks, so having to add food costs to our already very pricey holiday will add a lot of extra costs.
That was part of the point of my post. Whether we are entitled will be covered by their T&C, I doubt it. For me it’s more a moral issue. At the very least without free dining I’ll have to downgrade to a value.

Just had a chat with the agent I booked with and their reply was 'at the moment, this is affecting US customers. We're waiting to hear from Disney what is the case with UK bookings. We should have more information early next week.' Sit tight for a few days and see what happens.

I hope that is correct.

Just had a chat with the agent I booked with and their reply was 'at the moment, this is affecting US customers. We're waiting to hear from Disney what is the case with UK bookings. We should have more information early next week.' Sit tight for a few days and see what happens.

I hope that's correct, and at the moment my ADRs are untouched, but... they can't really have one rule for one, and a totally different set of rules for others... We all know that doesn't go down too well!

My U.K. airport hotel for 30 June has just e mailed to cancel my reservation.

where do you or any other adult you are going with work? A whole range of key workers can still book hotels, even the hotel that has cancelled your booking may have a room available if you're a key worker. I work in education and have to travel so I'm still able to call hotels and they will take bookings despite their website saying they are fully booked. I just show my work ID. It works for lots of workers. We had british gas engineers in the hotel I went to last week and we've also had telecom engineers

where do you or any other adult you are going with work? A whole range of key workers can still book hotels, even the hotel that has cancelled your booking may have a room available if you're a key worker. I work in education and have to travel so I'm still able to call hotels and they will take bookings despite their website saying they are fully booked. I just show my work ID. It works for lots of workers. We had british gas engineers in the hotel I went to last week and we've also had telecom engineers

Not sure that's relevant, they are open for key workers to do key work not to go on holiday - not that they would need to know. Hotels are expected to open 4 July in the UK so they are cancelling everything before that date.

Not sure that's relevant, they are open for key workers to do key work not to go on holiday - not that they would need to know. Hotels are expected to open 4 July in the UK so they are cancelling everything before that date.
All my reservations were cancelled too but I called the hotels and voila, I could rebook. I've been staying in hotels since March 20 when everything closed down.

my daughter just received the following email from Disney regarding their August 5th reservation for 15 nights at WDW.
I assume this is a dealbreaker and she'll cancel.
I don't see how she can travel halfway around the world without being assured entrance into the parks, not to mention the cancellation of all of her ADRs.
She's not on a UK package this year. She's now a DVC owner, so they have a DVC reservation. She was going to buy UK tickets, but i've heard Disney has stopped sale of all tickets, so i don't know what she would do in that case.

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we’ve changed—and even suspended—some dining and other experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations and experience reservations you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you with details on this new system soon.
You’ll also be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences. And we’ll be contacting you shortly regarding that process as well.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

‌​

I am still going. I have no kids so the character interactions and parades dont bother us. I do a dessert party to stay away from the masses for the fireworks so I actually will get back almost $200 for that. For dining plans while we make it worth it... i will probably spend less since i dont need an appetizer and dessert every meal. As for the reservations, I will try to get what i want at 60 days....if im that bent out of shape about it then... we can postpone. But i think as of now Im taking it as a lower kid populated Disney Lite vacation!

I am still going. I have no kids so the character interactions and parades dont bother us. I do a dessert party to stay away from the masses for the fireworks so I actually will get back almost $200 for that. For dining plans while we make it worth it... i will probably spend less since i dont need an appetizer and dessert every meal. As for the reservations, I will try to get what i want at 60 days....if im that bent out of shape about it then... we can postpone. But i think as of now Im taking it as a lower kid populated Disney Lite vacation!
my daughter and son in law also are without kids, so it's an adult trip.
their 60 day mark would be on June 5th, so less than a week away. I find it hard to believe disney will already have the systems up and running by that point.
the dealbreaker is not knowing whether she'll have access to the parks, not to mention it's not clear whether they'll be allowed to buy tickets now that ticket sales have been suspended.

plus, it's not clear where the coronavirus will be. We began re-opening 2 weeks ago and as of yesterday we've started a new rise in cases.
Not sure traveling to the USA is such a good idea in the midst of a resurgence in cases.

And now that i think about it, last i heard there is no medical travel insurance to the USA because of covid 19. That's a dealbreaker all on its own.

Dealbreakers are the FCO advises against non-essential travel so you’re not insured if you do get ill, when you come back you have to self-isolate for 2 weeks and Mr Trump won’t let us in anyway. Not too concerned about cases increasing that’s bound to happen, the only question is whether our not fit for purpose health service can cope which depends on whether governments of whichever colour can start sorting it out and not treating it like a political football.

I think everything you brought up are great points and if you really believe that about the medical insurance then that is the exact reason that Disney is letting people cancel. But, currently, we are still going. Im not judgeng anyone who wants to wait but just not for us.

We already have tickets and with no dining yet planned, we can be flexible in our what days to what parks. Also (from how i understand it) we would know what reservations we have before we leave. So I can make a better decision at that point.

Also, We have until October so I feel like Disney will have a better handle on all the new systems by then. Im also in the United States already so there is one less layer of complexity. (Only around a 4ish hour flight)

Dealbreakers are the FCO advises against non-essential travel so you’re not insured if you do get ill, when you come back you have to self-isolate for 2 weeks and Mr Trump won’t let us in anyway. Not too concerned about cases increasing that’s bound to happen, the only question is whether our not fit for purpose health service can cope which depends on whether governments of whichever colour can start sorting it out and not treating it like a political football.

i forgot that those traveling from the UK are barred from entry into the US.
we're not in the UK or Europe so it's not an issue. I just checked the embassy website as i wasn't sure. My daughter's an American, but my son in law isn't.

my daughter and son in law also are without kids, so it's an adult trip.
their 60 day mark would be on June 5th, so less than a week away. I find it hard to believe disney will already have the systems up and running by that point.
the dealbreaker is not knowing whether she'll have access to the parks, not to mention it's not clear whether they'll be allowed to buy tickets now that ticket sales have been suspended.

plus, it's not clear where the coronavirus will be. We began re-opening 2 weeks ago and as of yesterday we've started a new rise in cases.
Not sure traveling to the USA is such a good idea in the midst of a resurgence in cases.

And now that i think about it, last i heard there is no medical travel insurance to the USA because of covid 19. That's a dealbreaker all on its own.

Re insurance if they bought before Covid19 became a pandemic then it should still provide cover, unless it is a really cheap policy that means they backtrack on cover,

Hope they get the tickets sorted.

I still think the biggest problem is if we are allowed to go at all or possibly then the 14 day quarantin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts