Disney birthday tips, any suggestions?

We went to Disney last July for my son's 7th birthday... I got some good tips on this board too! We had a shirt made for him that said "It's My Birthday" on it and I cannot even begin to explain the attention he got all day from characters and CM's! They sang Happy Birthday to him everywhere! We did a character breakfast @ Chef Mickey's and I called the restaurant directly before our trip and ordered a cake. We also let them know at check-in that he was celebrating a b-day and we came back to find a birthday card from mickey and balloons! DS was very excited!

I also got a great tip that he absolutely loved...before we left I picked up a few cards at a local store that were Disney themed and signed them from the different characters and left them in the room for him throughout the day. The card w/ Buzz on it was signed from Buzz himself etc. He absolutely loved it! He even thanked some of the characters when we saw them later in the park! Anything to make his day special! I hope this helps!

I was thinking about making her a dress or ensemble with Birthday girl on it... but I thought maybe it would be too much, but if you did it and had great interaction... I will do it too.... Thank's and the birthday cards are a great idea.

We celebrated my daughter's 5th birthday at WDW in Jan 2006. At Epcot we purchased a World Showcase Passport. We asked a Cast Member in each country to write "Happy Birthday" in their language on the Passport.

does anyone know how to get special seating for parades, I read that someone got a special place to view the parade on her birthday. Or how can we get noticed... :confused3

CinderBelle said:
I also got a great tip that he absolutely loved...before we left I picked up a few cards at a local store that were Disney themed and signed them from the different characters and left them in the room for him throughout the day. The card w/ Buzz on it was signed from Buzz himself etc. He absolutely loved it! He even thanked some of the characters when we saw them later in the park! Anything to make his day special! I hope this helps!

I did something similar for my DD a couple years ago (when she turned 5) We were there about a week before her birthday and I bought Disney themed cards at Walmart before we left. I was able to have the appropriate characters (especially princess' Jasmine and Ariel) sign the cards for her. Then I mailed them to our house on the last day. She loved :lovestruc getting them. Last year we were there on her birthday and she wore her birthday button for a few days. She had her birthday lunch with the princesses in Norway. This year she's having her 7th birthday on our last day. We're having her brithday breakfast at Park Faire and then we'll be going home. She'll be able to celebrate her day on 2 coasts and due to the time change, she'll get an extra 3 hours!

This year I plan on having characters sign cards again and I'll leave them in our room on the last day.

Just a note-last year we actually celebrated 2 birthdays on the same trip. My DD and my mom's. Even though I mentioned it when making our resort reservations (POFQ), also mentioned it in my room request fax 4 days before, and mentioned it again upon check-in. the only thing that was done special was upon check-in they gave my DD a "special certificate" for her magical day. I was hoping for, at least, a balloon and a card left in the room for DD day but nothing-I was very disappointed. Also further disappointing was the lack of anything special for my mom's birthday which we celebrated at Cal. Grill. Nothing was done at the restaurant-not even a little confetti on the table. Again, I was disappointed. I learned that if you want something special make sure you ask, or do it yourself. Dont' get me wrong, just being at Disney should be special enough, but I want to make it just a little more special-a little pixie dust! :wizard:

This year, I will make sure that my DD :bday: is even more special. I'll be bringing decorations in my luggage. Last year I used a window marker to write "Happy Birthday" on the room mirror and our rental van. I'll be doing that again. I'm going to decorate the room to the max! I'll plan on having my mom take her to the arcade to play some air hockey (which she loves :lovestruc ) so I can do the room. I'll have to figure out a way to sneak in some balloons too!

Hope your DD has a magical :bday:

(Added-I order a special t-shirt last year from Disney that said something like "I turned 6 at Walt Disney World, September 19, 2005. " She wore that for part of the day and got quite a few happy birthdays. I also ordered my mom one that said "T-shirt $20, Airfare $200, Birthday at Walt Disney World-priceless. It was very funny-she didn't wear it on her day as I ordered it too big-but it makes a great nightshirt!)

Thank's for the tip, I'll make sure to make my own magic... That's why I'm making my own birthday suits, and I'll have my mom stitch a birthday girl on it... I'm going to have diner at Crystal Palace on her birthday, so I'll buy a card with pooh on it and have the characters sign it... cool idea... :banana: :cool1:

I took my DD to the perfectly princess tea party at the grand floridian. It was very expensive but worth it in my opinion. The girls get a tiara and get announced as "princess_______" while being showered with rose petals. They also get an american girl type doll in a sleeping beauty dress and a bracelet. A light lunch is served and there is storytelling, singing and dancing with Aurora. They make special notice of those celebrating birthdays. All the little girls were wearing princess dresses or their Sunday best. It was something special for my DD's 6th birthday and I don't think either of us will ever forget it.

I was wondering how you would go about getting the kids as guests in a parade for there b-day>

I was wondering how you would go about getting the kids as guests in a parade for there b-day

I was also wondering this... ha! But I guess that is the luck of the draw... I think you have to be either at the parade gates at a certain time and they choose their people to be in a parade... but I'm not sure. I was never at the right place at the right time. :confused3

tiggtail said:
I have a DG turning 7 on January 7th and wanted to know the same thing. One thing we are doing which I hope won't be too much of a hassle is that we went through Oriental Trading Co and ordered "magic wands", tiara's, pretty hair pieces and will be going to Bibbidi Bobbidy to complete the look. I guess I was wondering how much is too much and what are a couple of really good suggestions. I love the cake suggestion...do you just call any bakery that is in the park you are having a meal at? Didn't know that could be done and is there a delivery charge and of course a tip involved (for good planning). I think we will wait on opening gifts until we get back to the room to save on space while we are in the park.. makes the birthday stretch a bit longer as well. Also, if anyone is reading this that can help, my DH is turning 50 on Dec. 30th. So, not sure how to make it a nice birthday for him. Any suggestions?

My daughter turns 1 on December 30th doesn't answer your question but I think its fun to see people with the same bday :wave2: Other bday suggestions not sure if they are on here would be to call the hotel your staying at and have them make note that there is a birthday in your party. I guess alot of times the rooms will be decorated and there will be signed pics from the characters upon arrival. Remember each park has birthday pins. OH and biggest thing if you shout it from the roof tops and make it a point to tell EVERYONE there is a birthday I bet you will come home with lots of tips :Pinkbounc

We are going in Jan to celebrate my DD princess: 7th b-day too!! I decided to start the day by taking her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to get the princess treatment.
They have 3 different packages and can get their hair/nails/makeup done

OhioFamily said:
We are going in Jan to celebrate my DD princess: 7th b-day too!! I decided to start the day by taking her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to get the princess treatment.
They have 3 different packages and can get their hair/nails/makeup done

When are you going?... I have reservation at Crystal Palace on her birthday, Jan 10th for 5:30 pm... and we will be at Disney from Dec.31 to Jan 14th... can't wait to go... :cool1:

We are going the end of September but my DD birthdays in November but this is her Birthday trip, is it wrong to celebrate and get the buttons and cake for her, she will be 3. Also I will have my BIL who has CP and mentally 7 it is his birthday the next week so we are celebrating his too. Is this wrong ??

Great tips btw !!! You guys are all wonderful Disney gurus. :cool1:

meglovesbelle, From what I read on the this site, it's not wrong to celebrate a birthday early or later... it's a birthday vacation... so why not... have fun.

marconat said:
When are you going?... I have reservation at Crystal Palace on her birthday, Jan 10th for 5:30 pm... and we will be at Disney from Dec.31 to Jan 14th... can't wait to go... :cool1:

AHH you get two weeks. I'm jealous. I'm trying to talk DH into staying longer than a week. We are looking to stay between Jan8th to Jan 17th.
DD princess: b-day is on the 14th. Maybe we'll see you there.

Well last year I went to I think Crystal Palace...I forget names easily (we went inside the castle to eat) for my nieces birthday since she loved the princeses. She had a great time eating there. Also, you can go to your resort front desk and tell them of the special occasion and they will send you a card with attached ballons. You will find it soon in your resort room. :thumbsup2

OhioFamily said:
AHH you get two weeks. I'm jealous. I'm trying to talk DH into staying longer than a week. We are looking to stay between Jan8th to Jan 17th.
DD princess: b-day is on the 14th. Maybe we'll see you there.

We are going all out this year... I can't go very often, so this year we said let's make it a good one... who knows when I'll be back? So we will be going to Universal Studios for 2 days and Discovery Cove (1) and Sea World(1), the rest will be spent at Disney. :woohoo:

OhioFamily
Where are you staying? We are staying at OKW for the first week and then we don't know where we'll end up ha! ha! We are hoping WL, but if not we might end up at OKW again for the second week... I really don't care where we end up... as long as it's Disney ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter