Disney birthday tips, any suggestions?

marconat

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm going to WDW in January, and I will be celebrating my girl's 7th birthday, I know all about the Character meals and will be booking a diner at the Crystal Palace... but does anyone have some other tips or well kept secrets that would be useful to make our week there special... it's going to be a week long celebration. ha! ha!

:maleficen

We always order surprise cakes from a bakery on property to be delivered during dinner.

If you go to MK to guest services they have a phone and they call up Goofy who wishes them a Happy Birthday. (It is a recorded message but still cute!) They give you a button that says that it is your birthday and all the cm wish you Happy Birthday. I did this for my 21st!!!

Thank you for the tips. I will go to guest services for a birthday button. Does anyone know if you can get special places to view the parades in MK... I've read on a site that you can get a diner package that include special seats for shows and parade... The only one that I know of is the Fantasmic show...

I have a DG turning 7 on January 7th and wanted to know the same thing. One thing we are doing which I hope won't be too much of a hassle is that we went through Oriental Trading Co and ordered "magic wands", tiara's, pretty hair pieces and will be going to Bibbidi Bobbidy to complete the look. I guess I was wondering how much is too much and what are a couple of really good suggestions. I love the cake suggestion...do you just call any bakery that is in the park you are having a meal at? Didn't know that could be done and is there a delivery charge and of course a tip involved (for good planning). I think we will wait on opening gifts until we get back to the room to save on space while we are in the park.. makes the birthday stretch a bit longer as well. Also, if anyone is reading this that can help, my DH is turning 50 on Dec. 30th. So, not sure how to make it a nice birthday for him. Any suggestions?

Yeah, definitely have you daughter wear an "It's My Birthday" button. As a matter of fact, have her wear it the whole time you're on your trip! Different cast members will tell her happy birthday, and they'll bring out cupcakes and cakes and stuff everytime you have a meal. We did that when I was in Disney for my 16th birthday. It was great! I felt so special....

I got the Goofy phone call as well...it was way cool!

Happy early birthday to your little girl!

You must do either hoo dee doo review or whispering cayon cafe ! Tell them its a birthday!

Yes I want to go to Whispering Canyon, so it's ok to celebrate all week long! ha!

tiggtail said:
I have a DG turning 7 on January 7th and wanted to know the same thing. One thing we are doing which I hope won't be too much of a hassle is that we went through Oriental Trading Co and ordered "magic wands", tiara's, pretty hair pieces and will be going to Bibbidi Bobbidy to complete the look. I guess I was wondering how much is too much and what are a couple of really good suggestions. I love the cake suggestion...do you just call any bakery that is in the park you are having a meal at? Didn't know that could be done and is there a delivery charge and of course a tip involved (for good planning). I think we will wait on opening gifts until we get back to the room to save on space while we are in the park.. makes the birthday stretch a bit longer as well. Also, if anyone is reading this that can help, my DH is turning 50 on Dec. 30th. So, not sure how to make it a nice birthday for him. Any suggestions?

How cool is this, my daughter is turning 7 on the 10th... and we will be there on that date, I want to have diner at Crystal Palace on that day, I've read that when you tell them it's someone's birthday, they decorate the table and the characters bring out a birthday card, so that would be nice.

mom2of2 said:
there are a couple of different options as well. You can have a personalized basket done from either www.peggyssweetsandmore.com or www.giftsofalifetime.com GOAL also does room decorating as well as personalized scavenger hunt/events

What wonderful sites, thank's a million.. I will get one of them done for sure, but I will also get one for her brother, so there's no jalousy, maybe put, best brother in WDW ha! ha! :thumbsup2

My daughter's 10th birthday is this friday. She knows we're going to da park, but doesn't know I have a breakfast with the princesses. She's gonna freak!!! We're gonna have a little breakfast party there and then we'll see what the rest of the day holds... So i'll come back and let you kow what all happens. They've told me I could order a cake, but for breakfast? Oh no... I'm so excited, we're leaving thursday already!!!
WWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!
:Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc

We will be in WDW on the 6th and 7th of Dec. The 7th for the VMCP. My daughters BD is on the 2nd. of Dec. Can we still celebrate with the button and stuff, or does it have to be the exact date.

I did this for my birthday last year, I'm 47!! I found the idea here on the DIS.

Buy yourself an autograph book, one that has a place for the autograph and a picture. I found one that was perfect at WDW last year and it came with a pen. Have not just characters, but special CM's you meet, and servers and such, autograph the page, and then have your picture done with them. This was such a wonderful keepsake. And lots of fun as well!

Blessings,
Winnie

Violets, let me know how it went with the princesses :sunny:
Olbear, that's a great idea to have the special cm sign her book, that gives me the idea to do it in Epcot and Animal kingdom, that's going to be fun to have the different parts of the world... :thumbsup2 And if I'm right I don't think you have to get the birthday button on your exact birth date... because I want to get one from each park and I'm not doing all the parks on the same date ha! ha!

We were there last week for my DH's 48th birthday. I let them know at the front desk and on his birthday they delivered a b-day card from Mickey with several balloons and snuck them in the room while we were out. I also stopped by the conceierge (?) and set up a goofy b-day wake-up call, and ordered a cake for breakfast (hey....we were at disney). They delivered it and set it up with a tablecloth and plates etc....It worked out perfect because they came while he was in the shower. He also had a button, and you wouldn't believe the number of people that wished him a happy b-day, especially the characters in the parade at MK. It was a really fun day!

Oh, we also did the Mickey tour at MK that morning. It was very cool to be in the park before opening. Made for some great photo-ops. You also receive a special surprise at the end!!!

Wow, that birthday button seems to really attrack attention, funny I never saw one, is it big? The surprise cake at the room is really good too. thank you for all the great ideas, I'm putting them all in my little disney book (handmade one) ha! ha! I'm so glad that I got lots of ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter