Disney announces new Ticket system for WDW

So you just can't go to Magic Kingdom for a day anymore? Is that correct?
?

Yes, you will still be able to buy a one day ticket. It will be seasonally priced....just as it is right now. It will be the same price for a one-park-per-day ticket to any one of the four parks. Right now, MK costs more.

Such garbage: "new ways to deliver the best experience possible for our guests" - this does nothing for the customer, and it isn't intended to.

It's just another option for them to up the prices, and hide it behind a new system.

Its more complicated, and its going to cost you more, and they are selling this as "best experience possible" .... BS.

I think how Disney wants to proceed with ticket sales is to know exactly when ppl plan to visit and making flexible options more money because you're not exactly telling Disney when you're going. It may be a push to have frequent/last minute/flexible consumers to buy AP's instead.

I refuse to get upset over a large company figuring out ways to help its bottom dollar. People are going to go to Disney no matter what they do. So we can complain and ***** all we want on here, but the reality is, we still will go :)

And I refuse to get upset until I know more about the pricing situation. For now, I have bought my package for November a long time ago (before the price update) and I am pleased. I always plan my holidays to know when I actually plan to go so this does not bother me in the slightest.

But we don't, we were getting in the habit of bracketing our DVC stays with a couple cash days to visit our favorite moderate resorts. We have stopped this. I mean, yes we still go since we are DVC members, but we are giving disney LESS of our money, and the prices up the road at Uni are looking better and better.

Regarding Tickets purchased in a hotel + tickets package - info posted by @GillianP1301:

Date-based tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package will have one of the following valid use periods (whichever is longer):
(i) the same valid use period described above, OR
(ii) a valid use period beginning on the package resort arrival date and ending on the package resort check-out date.

For example, a Guest who purchases a Walt DisneyTravel Company package with a 3-Day base ticket and a resort length of stay of 6 nights with an arrival date ofNov. 1; ticket is valid any 3 days from Nov, 1 – Nov. 7.

Over on the TPAS ticket sticky, there have been one or two people who posted being able to upgrade to APs over the phone recently, but a few posters after that haven't been able to do the same.

Everyone's kind of waiting to see how it shakes out. This new ticket change is going to throw everything up in the air for a while regardless.

can someone post a link to that thread abt upgrading over the phone? I was under the impression that this was impossible but I am interested in trying if its possible b4 AP prices get raised.

I don't understand - do you all buy park tickets before you know when you are going or something? We don't buy until our trip dates are solid - meaning work approved and all.

I mostly do rundisney races and while I have an idea what days I will go to the park I may swap days based on how I’m feeling. I may have planned for Park after the half but am more tired till normal so will use it the next day.

It is what days are Park days vs rest days that may change.

I don't understand why they don't outsource their entire IT division to Amazon Web Services. Much better to higher people who know what they are doing.
I think I’d want to be the only one with my hands around all that data if I were Disney... but I’d also think they want to build a first class in-house IT operation... so what do I know?! :)

So are the prices going to be fixed for a period, e.g. "Disney sets 2019 pricing", or will they go the way of sports teams and offer "dynamic pricing"? Meaning, say, if I was to buy a 5 day ticket for Jan 9-13, will the price I pay for those days be the same regardless of when I buy it, or will Disney adjust the pricing for those days as they monitor demand?

All I can keep thinking is .. we created this beast.

Our passion, our frequent visits, our love of everything Walt Disney World and all they keep offering gets us to come back year after year despite 5-10% increases every year.
We complain about crowds during the old "slow times", we complain about crowds during October because now everyone wants to go during Food and Wine AND Halloween.
We created the demand.
We demanded they do something about crowds.

They are ... raising prices deters people away from going at certain times.
So .. now .. if you want a less crowded WDW . .you can pay to go at the most expensive time.

So .. I get the need to charge more for certain periods of time.
The spin makes me laugh.

Again .. hard to judge until we actually see the pricing.

All I can keep thinking is .. we created this beast.

Our passion, our frequent visits, our love of everything Walt Disney World and all they keep offering gets us to come back year after year despite 5-10% increases every year.
We complain about crowds during the old "slow times", we complain about crowds during October because now everyone wants to go during Food and Wine AND Halloween.
We created the demand.
We demanded they do something about crowds.

They are ... raising prices deters people away from going at certain times.
So .. now .. if you want a less crowded WDW . .you can pay to go at the most expensive time.

So .. I get the need to charge more for certain periods of time.
The spin makes me laugh.

Again .. hard to judge until we actually see the pricing.

Well, I think that Disney incentivized off-peak visits thru events, festivals, free dining, etc thinking it might spread the crowds out, but it just made people come twice a year instead! I think peak is peak and will always be peak (due to school calendars, holidays, etc) and I just don't see how higher ticket prices will change that. It might just make people think twice about that second trip to F&W.

Yup, have to imagine Disney wanted to "push" people towards APs, get that money up front. And then, like another poster stated, they will raise the price of APs to get more $....
oh gosh I hope not, they better still have that discount for renewing AP's.

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

I anticipated I'd need to buy my tickets for next June on Undercover Tourist this week...now I know I will be. I'm guessing the first full week of June won't be a value season for ticket prices under the new system ;)

So are the prices going to be fixed for a period, e.g. "Disney sets 2019 pricing", or will they go the way of sports teams and offer "dynamic pricing"? Meaning, say, if I was to buy a 5 day ticket for Jan 9-13, will the price I pay for those days be the same regardless of when I buy it, or will Disney adjust the pricing for those days as they monitor demand?
I was wondering this as well. Even if they don't start with dynamic pricing, I bet it is coming.

I used to go to a handful of MLB games a year, until they all came out with dynamic pricing (plus all the service fees for buying online). I don't think I've been to one since because it annoys me every time I look at the tickets.

I have a question. I understand that if you book a package through Disney (i.e. hotel & park tickets), your tickets can be used at any point throughout your stay. What if you stay onsite, but purchase your tickets separately? Does your onsite stay kick-in to allow you to use your tickets throughout your stay, or is this only if you bundle your park tickets with your hotel stay? Most of my family/friends get their tickets separately.

I am just thinking that if I make our reservation into a "package" (room and tickets) that it will lock me into prices right now? I know there will be ticket increases before we go Dec 2019 but I thought I would buy our tickets in Jan 2019 on base so the expiration is at the end of the year. I was thinking it would be before at least 2 more price increases. But, if the ticket change that is stated in this article is this October and it will definitely increase the more in demand times, maybe I should lock in now!
We used to go in the slow times because my kids were little and homeschooled but we can not now. They are all in college and you definitely can not miss a week of that! ha So we are really locked into the more expensive times.

can someone post a link to that thread abt upgrading over the phone? I was under the impression that this was impossible but I am interested in trying if its possible b4 AP prices get raised.

It was in this stickied thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

It's a long one, and I can't tell you what page it's on. So far, the later replies I've seen have all said it was a no-go. Good luck and please report your findings.

Edit: I found one post mentioning it: https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/page-257#post-59761201

So for people who book a package/stay at Disney resort, they can stay 8 days and buy a 4 day ticket, which they can use on whatever days they want during their stay? Cool.

At least the resort stays are getting an extra perk, so many have been taken away as of late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter