Disney Angry about Discovery Island Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as bad publicity. Both sides come out ahead the more the story runs.

I find this really interesting... I would love to tour those places... I found his pictures very interesting...

I think DI may be one of the abandoned sites from the Dharma Initiative (and same initials!)

"Perez said he and some friends swam to the island, discovering abandoned buildings, cages, preserved snakes in jars, even old employee photos."

OOOOOOO, I wonder if he found some creepy old VHS tapes and all of the metal on him was drawn toward some mysterious magnetic force?

Sounds like a potential promotion for a LOST attraction ;) I can only fantasize. Aaaaah.

Ever think what would have happened if the guy would have been injured and had to be rescued during his stunt.

umm, have one of the boats stop by and take him to the hospital? ..Hardly an Everest rescue.

I think the guy had balls of steel and Id high five him.....I also think that TCDs RC report fueled him to do it.....and I think Disney is LOVING all the publicity. Theres no advertising like free advertising!!!!!

Cheers to those willing to go against the grain and risk their lives for our entertainment!!!!:thumbsup2

Suppose*disney*does*decide*to*hand*out*a*ban*to*Mr.*Perez.*How*do*they*plan*on*enforcing*it?*Id*like*to*know*the*answer*to*this*b/c*with*WDW*being*as*big*as*it*is,*how*can*they*properly*enforce*any*sort*of*ban*placed*on*him*should*they*do*so?*All*that*i*can*really*see*it*doing*is*giving*them*more*reasons*to*press*charges*against*you*if*you*get*caught.

Dude....get a new space bar!!!!;)

The link in the OP at the end stated this was done over 4 years ago and just now posted to his blog. It will be hard to pinpoint the exact time. The statute of limitations on tresspassing in FL is 4 years. This will all go away in a few days.

Intersting that this may have been done too long ago for Disney to do anything about him. Not sure what all those rules are But I agree that they are loving the free publicity.

We stay at the Fort many times a year and quite frankly it is scary that a bunch of "average" guys could just "sneek" onto property like that so close to the Fort. Where are all the patrol folks??:scared1:

You're joking right? :sad2:

No, I like adventure. I love Fort Wilderness but not so thrilled about how tame and how structured everything is. I like just walking out into the woods, State Park type campgrounds. Blue springs just up the road..dive 80 feet into the spring..FREE DIVE!!! Anyway, I realize that they have to make it off limits...but donot care about joining a lynch mob to prosecute.

..... it is scary that a bunch of "average" guys could just "sneek" onto property like that so close to the Fort. Where are all the patrol folks??:scared1:

:lmao: Disney patrol??? :rotfl: Seriously??? The Disney po-po?? Like the retarded offspring of Barney Fife....like the Keystone cops on crack!! They cant even stop the 10 year olds from driving golf carts!!!

Rog, I remember his blog being up before the RC pics. I am not sure why it all of a sudden just came out of the woodwork.

IIRC from when I read Perez's blog, they were camping at FW and then snuck over to DI.

Rog, I remember his blog being up before the RC pics. I am not sure why it all of a sudden just came out of the woodwork.
It does seem very weird why this all of a sudden came up pretty much 5 months after his blog was posted, but I know the answer to that question. Over at the WDWMAGIC forums, there was a thread about DI and some dude asking about the very topic. The blog ended up getting posted over there since it was relevent to the topic and ever since it has been making lots of news around the orlando area. If you want proof of it, check it out here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=573399

It is post number 5 or 6 I think. Check the date on the post. It was posted on 4/18. There was absolutely no news of this blog going around, then all of a sudden on 4/20 WKMG posted an article (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23210890/detail.html) and then the rest of the local media followed.

EDIT: I just got this info straight from the source (Perez) that will probably make this seem even more crazy that this has just now come up: I sent an e-mail to Perez and he responded, saying that it had been 5 years since their journey to DI, he only just posted it on his blog this past december. Why? I'm not sure, i'm waiting for a response to figure that one out.

It does seem very weird why this all of a sudden came up pretty much 5 months after his blog was posted, but I know the answer to that question. Over at the WDWMAGIC forums, there was a thread about DI and some dude asking about the very topic. The blog ended up getting posted over there since it was relevent to the topic and ever since it has been making lots of news around the orlando area. If you want proof of it, check it out here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=573399

It is post number 5 or 6 I think. Check the date on the post. It was posted on 4/18. There was absolutely no news of this blog going around, then all of a sudden on 4/20 WKMG posted an article (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23210890/detail.html) and then the rest of the local media followed.

EDIT: I just got this info straight from the source (Perez) that will probably make this seem even more crazy that this has just now come up: I sent an e-mail to Perez and he responded, saying that it had been 5 years since their journey to DI, he only just posted it on his blog this past december. Why? I'm not sure, i'm waiting for a response to figure that one out.

Statute of limitations for trespassing is 4 yrs in Florida....or so they say.

You can tell from his pics of River Country that it was a while ago. The water tower thing is still up, and there is a temp sign saying that RC is closed.

:ssst: Will Sawyer be there?...:confused: Will there be a boat :boat:..or are we swimming?

Oh dear :scratchin.
..aligators... :guilty: snakes...:eek:... SAWYER. :lovestruc

..aligators....:guilty: snakes...:eek: ....SAWYER..:lovestruc

What to do...what to do?......:rolleyes2

Who am I kidding......:rolleyes1

Now here this :mic:

Okay..ladies...:cool: we meet at the beach at 3 am sharp. :tiptoe: Don't forget to blow up those swimmies, and bring the nose plugs, cause we're goin' in.....:laughing:

:lmao:

Maybe they could make a LOST resort out of Discovery Island. While DI is not open to the public I have seen Disney personel on that island over the years. Sometimes they have even docked extra boats over there. Several years back after it closed I recall the big Disney Ferry boat taking people over there for a private party.
Sure the island looks bad at least 4-5 major hurricanes have gone over that property since it was closed... never mind tropical storms and such. Its gonna look run down. They closed this park since Animal Kingdom was going to be the animal park and probably just left the stuff there due to laziness and the cost of demo/cleanup.
I'm sure other people know this but there had been talk of building some sort of resort there, ex. an adult only resort. I imagine this property would have the unique problem of only being accesable by water maybe thats been the hold up.
I do agree Disney has the right to set an example and ban him. They could have been seriously injured or killed for example if they had been swimming across in the dark and a boat run over them. No doubt in this law suit crazy world Disney would get sued saying they should have more gates/rails/security to prevent adults from tresspassing.
Anyway, a LOST attraction would be a fun idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter