Disney Angry about Discovery Island Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DI may be one of the abandoned sites from the Dharma Initiative (and same initials!)

"Perez said he and some friends swam to the island, discovering abandoned buildings, cages, preserved snakes in jars, even old employee photos."

While the guy did come back with some cool intel on DI, I think he was pretty reckless. Disney is within their rights to ban this guy and his cronies. Ever think what would have happened if the guy would have been injured and had to be rescued during his stunt. Anybody really think he wouldn't be suing Disney for not providing adequate warning, barriers, whatever? I think Disney wants to make an example of the guy to prevent other fools from doing the same thing. JMHO

The local news covered this story yesterday. They said something about Disney wanted to have the guy trespassed from all Disney parks. I don't think Disney is too happy with him.

Yikes ! Nothing is worth being banished from Disney.

:surfweb: I think he's watched too many episodes of LOST..and is upset the show is comming to end. :laughing:

Suppose*disney*does*decide*to*hand*out*a*ban*to*Mr.*Perez.*How*do*they*plan*on*enforcing*it?*Id*like*to*know*the*answer*to*this*b/c*with*WDW*being*as*big*as*it*is,*how*can*they*properly*enforce*any*sort*of*ban*placed*on*him*should*they*do*so?*All*that*i*can*really*see*it*doing*is*giving*them*more*reasons*to*press*charges*against*you*if*you*get*caught.

My opinion, I found his blog to be quite interesting, I have found the pictures of remnants of the old water park interesting from the guy that was deported and if Disney wanted to take the interest away, they also have the option of doing a complete demolition which I find equally interesting that they haven't - however - I would not do this, the risks are greater than the reward from a danger aspect from wildlife - but I am a northerner who thinks twice about going anywhere Alligators may be thriving or even hungry or where I might startle a poisonois snake - but most importantly I would never take the risk of being banned for life. I am sure Disney wants this story to be the guy was charged and banned for life to lower the interest of future explorers - from Disney's standpoint the lawsuit potential is not worth not discouraging this type of activity.

another option - they could set up a tour guide and make both of these attractions part of the Disney past - I can see it already - $15 per property or $25 to tour both abanonded properties...

I think DI may be one of the abandoned sites from the Dharma Initiative (and same initials!)

"Perez said he and some friends swam to the island, discovering abandoned buildings, cages, preserved snakes in jars, even old employee photos."

They need to reopen it as the "Lost" attraction. that would be so cool!:rotfl:

I personally think it was a cool adventure. Maybe he shouldn't have posted about it, but a lot of people thought it was soo cool in the TCD topic about river country. Yet now that he's in "potential trouble", every one is naying him.

And what is with people and alligators?? They're probably well fed living at Disney, and they normally don't attack unless provoked. I swam in many canals and lakes in South FL that were known to have gators in it. Didn't both me then, and still doesn't bother me now.

They need to reopen it as the "Lost" attraction. that would be so cool!:rotfl:

:ssst: Will Sawyer be there?...:confused: Will there be a boat :boat:..or are we swimming?

Oh dear :scratchin.
..aligators... :guilty: snakes...:eek:... SAWYER. :lovestruc

..aligators....:guilty: snakes...:eek: ....SAWYER..:lovestruc

What to do...what to do?......:rolleyes2

Who am I kidding......:rolleyes1

Now here this :mic:

Okay..ladies...:cool: we meet at the beach at 3 am sharp. :tiptoe: Don't forget to blow up those swimmies, and bring the nose plugs, cause we're goin' in.....:laughing:

My opinion, I found his blog to be quite interesting, I have found the pictures of remnants of the old water park interesting from the guy that was deported and if Disney wanted to take the interest away, they also have the option of doing a complete demolition which I find equally interesting that they haven't - however - I would not do this, the risks are greater than the reward from a danger aspect from wildlife - but I am a northerner who thinks twice about going anywhere Alligators may be thriving or even hungry or where I might startle a poisonois snake - but most importantly I would never take the risk of being banned for life. I am sure Disney wants this story to be the guy was charged and banned for life to lower the interest of future explorers - from Disney's standpoint the lawsuit potential is not worth not discouraging this type of activity.

another option - they could set up a tour guide and make both of these attractions part of the Disney past - I can see it already - $15 per property or $25 to tour both abanonded properties...

I enjoyed the blog too. I think Disney would incur some bad press if they banned him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter