Disney Albums?

seallenz

Mouseketeer
Hello all --

We just got back from a trip and my husband took over 600 pictures! I think this justifies a scrapbook dedicated solely to the trip. I didn't think to look at the gift shops for a Disney album while we were there, but I thought I remembered seeing a really nice one on our last trip a few years ago.

Does Disney make scrapbooks, and if so, where could I find one now? (I generally use a 12x12 size.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

for a thrill, you can try ebay. It's not a sure thing but I love the excitement of bidding. And sometimes you can get a deal, though usually not on Disney items.

Thank you both for your help!

Does anyone know what the pages are like on the Disney scrapbooks? Are they the kind where you slide a page in the page protector from the top or the Creative Memories style page? It's hard to tell from the internet pictures what the inside is like.

Thanks again!

These are the slip in page protector type.

Disney has been known to do some books but lately seems like most are the 8 x 10 ring binder version.

Deb

The Mickey one made by Sandy Lion is beautiful! The pictures don't do it justice. I found mine at the lss but they say they go fast when they have them in stock.

Jill

the older disney albums are 3 ring 11.5x11.5, they are not great albums. Mine has 4 parks, 1 world on the cover, and I think they did one for each year. I would avoid these, the pages are an odd size and it's very hard to get refill pages.

The newer ones from Sandylion are really nice, I have the mickey one and it's fab, I would really recommend them, they are lovely albums - i think these are the ones they are actually selling in the parks now.

Bev

Originally posted by JESW
The Mickey one made by Sandy Lion is beautiful! The pictures don't do it justice. I found mine at the lss but they say they go fast when they have them in stock.

Jill

I have the Mickey book by Sandy Lion also. The only problem I had was an issue with the refills. From what I gather, Sandy Lion didn't really grasp the fact that folks like me scapbook beyond the pages provided. I had to go back to Archivers (a local area company that sold the book) twice for refills, but neither set matched the original set found in the book. During my second trip, I spoke with the manager who said there are no refills that match exactly.

At that point, I purchased several sets of matching refills from another manufacturer, and pulled all my pages out and placed them in the new refills. The new refills have three holes rather than two (the book is for two-holed pages), but I preferred all the pages to be the same size. Other than that issue, I loved using the book for our Disney Magic cruise scrapbook.

I recently went on the Disney Magic and also took a ton of pictures. For my Album I bought the 12X12 album from Creative Memories in Cranberry - it is exactly the same as Mickey Red! I also bought their Mickey Mouse Snap pack and I have three different Mickey punches. This way I got a great Disney album, but don't have a problem with refill pages or page protectors. I get comments on mine everytime I drag it out - which is quite often! Good Luck!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I got a red Creative Memories album (could also get a red album from the LSS) and had it embossed with an abstract Mickey head and the words "Remember the magic" in gold. Then had the spine embossed "Disneyworld" and the year. It's beautiful, and I don't have to worry with trying to find refill pages.

I checked at my LSS when I taught my class last evening. SandyLion does make refill pages for the Disney albums. I saw them in their catalog. Maybe they didn't make them before, but they are available now.

Just wanted to share that info. Now I have to decide which two albums I want (one for each child). I am thinking Mickey for ds and the Princess one for dds. Has anyone seen the Princess one in person?

I have the same thing as GrammieMame, except mine is a black album. The embossing looks really wonderful.

Where can you get your Creative memories albums embossed and what is LSS. I'm new at this DISboards thing not really sure what everything means or how things work?? I live right out side of DC

Ask your CMC (Creative Memories Consultant), and or your LSS (Local Scrapbook Store) if they have someone who embosses. Creative Memories has a kit that will put letters on the album, but it is NOT heat embossed, so I don't recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter