**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'd like to know if the merchandise is on sale prior to the event starting. It would be nice not to wait in line for that during the event.

Normally no, event exclusive items are only offered during the event. Not during the grace period that guests can enter with their event ticket. That way, non-event guests won't have access to purchase. But, you never know, things change all the time. You shouldn't find horrible lines though since they'll be selling them in several places.
Actually when we were there in December for MVMCP, I was able to buy the special merchandise early. I was specifically looking for a shirt that I worried might sell out. And I wanted to do this before the party started. I went to look for them and found them in the Emporium. All the event merchandise was kinda roped off close to the back. I had to show my wristband in order for the CM to let me go through. Now I don't know if this was normal procedure or what time it was. It is possible it could've been right before MK was closing to regular guests. Or it may have just been a one time thing, so you might have to wait until the party actually starts like Angi said.

Last edited:
For the event on 8/29...… what are the event hours and any idea what time you can get into the park?

So we are debating the cost to value for DAH villains is worth it for the 4 of us (me, wife, 2 daughters 8 & 10) when we are in WDW Aug 1-9. The cost would be nearly $600 which makes it a bit hard to swallow since we will be visiting MK 4x already (hop from or to during the trip).

Anyone else questioning the value when on a longer trip?
We are also a family of 4, 2 adults 2 teens. We have been back and forth on the value of this as well. Initially, I was all in on the Aug. 8th party, figured it would give us an extra day that we don't need park ticket since we are buying Park Hopper Plus tickets this trip. But at over $600 for the event, I just can't justify and I've done both the Halloween & Christmas parties in the past and enjoyed both. If the Villans would have been walking the parks/doing photos I would have said yes for the experience but even having most rides walk on I just can't justify the cost for 4 of us. Makes me sad but this is not our only vacation this year. If it were, I'd be all in but that money will pay for something else during our Christmas vacation.

Thanks for posting!

Nice line-up of attractions! Basically only Enchanted Tales, character meetings, and Carousel of Progress that are not running, right? (And the train, but isn't it not running anyway right now?)
And Monster's Inc.

We will plan on coming around 8PM and hitting up Carousel of Progress and Monsters Inc.

Can't wait to here from the party goers tomorrow!

Very excited! We will be attending Villains on July 11. We extended our trip by a few days and will be arriving that night and going straight there!!

So our theory that the 20+ attractions meant the permanent Character Meets will not be happening during the Villains DAH is correct. While regular DAH have these, the Villains DAH will not:
Meet Mickey Mouse & Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
Meet Ariel in Her Grotto
Princess Fairytale Hall

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does Villians include the snacks the way the the other AH events do?

So this Thursday is the first Villain event? Can't wait for a review! I need to know I'd Splash Mountain will be open during the event.

So our theory that the 20+ attractions meant the permanent Character Meets will not be happening during the Villains DAH is correct. While regular DAH have these, the Villains DAH will not:
Meet Mickey Mouse & Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
Meet Ariel in Her Grotto
Princess Fairytale Hall

Yup, appears to be the case as was theorized way back when up thread. At least that is solved. Not surprised characters got the cut.

Schedule looks great, but I was having trouble following the Malificent dragon part. She goes from Frontierland to Main Street at 1:20am? Sounds groovy, if true. After the last stage show of the night, Malificent will still be prowling around.

For the event on 8/29...… what are the event hours and any idea what time you can get into the park?

8/29 Disney After Hours hours at 10pm-1am. You can enter the park for ALL Disney After Hours events (regardless of time) at 7pm. In practice, MK usually lets people in a bit earlier.

I'm not seeing an event - VAH or MNSSHP on 8/29?

FYI, there is a regular (non-Villains) DAH event at MK on 8/29.

8/29 Disney After Hours hours at 10pm-1am. You can enter the park for ALL Disney After Hours events (regardless of time) at 7pm. In practice, MK usually lets people in a bit earlier.

FYI, there is a regular (non-Villains) DAH event at MK on 8/29.

Thanks. I was all kinds of confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter