**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Our bus is actually a 2pm bus, not a 2 am bus, but at least I know its not a completely crazy idea. The flight leaves at 6:30 so we would need somewhere to hangout for a couple of hours. I guess we could sit in the lobby for a couple of hours.

Wait, 2pm? So you're looking for a way to spend 12 hours from 2am to 2pm without a private space? That's tougher. When you get back from the DAH, you're no longer a hotel guest. You could sleep on the beach, in the lobby, or in the open areas of the grounds but I suspect that would end badly. I understand your reluctance to pay for a room you're only going to use from 2am to 11am, but that room also buys you the ability to play at the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Also, if you could get late check out and stay in the room until 12 or 1, it might be worth it to have a full 8 hours of sleep under your belt on a travel day.

Wait, 2pm? So you're looking for a way to spend 12 hours from 2am to 2pm without a private space? That's tougher. When you get back from the DAH, you're no longer a hotel guest. You could sleep on the beach, in the lobby, or in the open areas of the grounds but I suspect that would end badly. I understand your reluctance to pay for a room you're only going to use from 2am to 11am, but that room also buys you the ability to play at the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Also, if you could get late check out and stay in the room until 12 or 1, it might be worth it to have a full 8 hours of sleep under your belt on a travel day.
I think they are saying right now they leave at 2pm, but if they decide to go DAH they would then leave at 6:30 am the following day. So then they would only need a couple of hours before they go to the airport.

We are looking to do dah on June 13. What time does it get over? The problem we are running into is that we are scheduled to leave that the 13th at 2:00 on ME. The only flight for the next day that we can find leaves at 6:00 am the next morning. We don’t want to pay for a hotel room for 1-2 hours and we can’t use me because we will no longer be considered resort guests. Could we still leave all our bags at bell services and then Uber to the airport?
How can you do DAH on the 13th if you leave on the 13th? I am confused

We did the event last night. I found it to be low crowds except in certain areas (mine train). There was no enforcement or even any announcement or suggestion that people leave the park that didn’t have wrist bands. Therefore it would be easy for parents to stay all night with their kids who had bands as long as they didn’t ride or get snacks.

The only big disappointment to me was TTA was closed all night and that is my favorite ride.

We rode (walk on unless noted):
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Peter Pan (5 min wait)
Little Mermaid
Mine Train (posted 20 min, actual 12 min wait)
Winnie the Pooh
Teacups
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Buzz

Also stopped for snacks a couple of times.

37E2866A-F70D-4A78-ADF0-0754175AB48E.jpeg 4008917E-D258-47D5-A737-2E0AB83EBBDD.jpeg B8C49A46-5313-4602-88B6-848BF2A9BFC4.jpeg 97785A98-83CC-4C5C-AEC3-3D86E05A07B5.jpeg DDA301D2-89DA-4907-AA55-5E73DA86EA95.jpeg

Right now, our flight is scheduled to leave at 2 pm on the 13th. If we do DAH, we would change our flight to one at 6:00 am on the 14th. I would love to have a good nights sleep, but the 6:00 am flight is our only option.

I think they are saying right now they leave at 2pm, but if they decide to go DAH they would then leave at 6:30 am the following day. So then they would only need a couple of hours before they go to the airport.

Yes, this :)

How can you do DAH on the 13th if you leave on the 13th? I am confused

If we do DAH, we would leave the 14th on a 6:00 am flight which is why we do not want to pay for a room for just 1-2 hours. I'm guessing, we wouldn't get back to our resort until 1:30-2:00 am and then we would have to leave around 3:00-4:00 am for our flight.

Therefore it would be easy for parents to stay all night with their kids who had bands as long as they didn’t ride or get snacks.

I've never seen them make a public announcement that the park is closed before a special event starts, they just quietly go about it. I'm going to bet with the start of the villains DAH, they will usher those out who don't have bands on. There are lots of event specific things going on that people who don't pay to be there aren't entitled to. I would never buy my kids bands expecting I'd be allowed to stay for a paid event I didn't pay for.

I’m going for a quick birthday trip in July. We already have tickets to MK DAH for Thurs (7/25). I’m seriously considering getting the HS DAH tickets for Friday night (for the rides- not the characters) but I planned on going to the EMH at AK on Saturday (8-9am). Is this even doable or will I be dead on my feet? Is anyone planning something similar?

I am really tempted to do the villians party on August 8th after reading the thoughts here. What are the predictions about the Hollywood Studios after hours being continued into August?

Went last night 5/23.

My fourth DAH (1/18, 3/18 and 9/18).

This was probly slower than the rest. Park seemed to clear out earlier too. Essentially once HEA started most of the lower tier rides became walk on from that point forward.

I think May is good for a few reasons. It’s that period right before summer break and it’s hot enough that by the time the party starts people are absolutely miserable and ready to exit in droves after the fireworks.

I will say there were people on rides that didn’t have bands on. It really was inconsequential because the rides were like under the sea and teacups. I think many people truly don’t know the park is closed even though I am sure there are a few attempting to be deceptive.

We got in the park shortly after 7. We did everything my kids wanted to do before 1. I think the final list from about 7:15-12:30 was:

Btmrr x 2
Splash mountain
Peter Pan
Under the sea
Meet aerial
Carousel
IASW
Pooh x 2
Teacups x 2
7dmt x 2
Meet Cinderella and Elena
Dumbo
Barnstormer x 2
Astro Orbiter
Buzz
Meet tinkerbell
Meet Mickey and Minnie.

Left before 1am

Kids don’t like HM or pirates. Scardy cats (5&3)

Overall great trip. Added a second night so we were able to sleep in the following day, take it easy and do some leisure pool/resort stuff.

Ended tonight at the poly watching fireworks. Had a real nice family take this picture. As we were leaving they asked if we wanted the picture and they texted it to me. Better than PhotoPass!

Attachments

• 74E87AC5-D45D-4C4E-846B-CBC167D7B5C0.jpeg
    74E87AC5-D45D-4C4E-846B-CBC167D7B5C0.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 83
I've never seen them make a public announcement that the park is closed before a special event starts, they just quietly go about it. I'm going to bet with the start of the villains DAH, they will usher those out who don't have bands on. There are lots of event specific things going on that people who don't pay to be there aren't entitled to. I would never buy my kids bands expecting I'd be allowed to stay for a paid event I didn't pay for.
There’s an announcement before mnsshp.

I agree that will be true for Villians like MNSSHP. Because there are shows and atmosphere etc. but this was NOT the case for DAH. There was no ushering out of people without bands. Bands were not checked upon entering any land like they are at parties. They were free to stay as long as they didn’t ride anything or get snacks. And plenty of people did. Not something I would ever have any reason to do so but we saw people all over up until the end without bands.

I've looked for this question int he thread, but didn't see it. Does anyone know what time you can log in and buy tickets? Is it midnight? 6am like ADRs? 7am like fastpasses? Lol

I apologize in advance, I searched unsuccessfully 😔 What are the specialty beverages offer along with popcorn and ice cream? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter