**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We are looking at doing the Disney after hours event on Thursday, August 29th. The problem I’m having is we are planning on doing Animal Kingdom that day and I was hoping to be able to see Rivers of Light. Do you think we'd be able to watch rivers of light and then make it over to Magic Kingdom by 10 for the after hours event? (keep in mind magic kingdom has fireworks that night as well) Thanks everyone!

We are looking at doing the Disney after hours event on Thursday, August 29th. The problem I’m having is we are planning on doing Animal Kingdom that day and I was hoping to be able to see Rivers of Light. Do you think we'd be able to watch rivers of light and then make it over to Magic Kingdom by 10 for the after hours event? (keep in mind magic kingdom has fireworks that night as well) Thanks everyone!

What time is RoL scheduled for that night?

IF MK DAH is 10-1am on this night, I don’t see why not. I mean, sure, you’ll be arriving to MK in the roughly 9:15-10pm range so won’t have any pre-DAH time, but if not important to you then go for it. I did a DAH last year where I didn’t show up until right at the start time.

Make sure to watch the website when tickets go on sale just to make sure that 8/29 date has 10-1am DAH hours. The late Aug DAH last year was 9-12, but things could be different this year as that’s SWGE opening day.

IF MK DAH is 10-1am on this night, I don’t see why not. I mean, sure, you’ll be arriving to MK in the roughly 9:15-10pm range so won’t have any pre-DAH time, but if not important to you then go for it. I did a DAH last year where I didn’t show up until right at the start time.

Make sure to watch the website when tickets go on sale just to make sure that 8/29 date has 10-1am DAH hours. The late Aug DAH last year was 9-12, but things could be different this year as that’s SWGE opening day.
Thanks you so much!!

Just a quick thread update....

I’ll get to updating Page 1 with the new date info sometime next week. The new DISBoards software that is rolling out this weekend has better options for me to do the “date tables” in a table format that will be easier to update vs the image format I use now, so I’ll need to spend some time messing around with that once it’s live.

And of course, more emojis! :-)

Thanks!

Wow, this is a nice surprise. I have never done a MK after hours so I am going to try to make one of the September ones. At least we have a little time to rearrange plans before tickets go on sale. Hopefully a time is announced. It looks like MK closes on Sept 19th at 9:00 so I am just making a guess of 9:30-12:30.

Just a quick thread update....

I’ll get to updating Page 1 with the new date info sometime next week. The new DISBoards software that is rolling out this weekend has better options for me to do the “date tables” in a table format that will be easier to update vs the image format I use now, so I’ll need to spend some time messing around with that once it’s live.

And of course, more emojis! :-)

Thanks!

I always need more emojis in my life.

Hi. Since the dates aren't shown on this thread, is there a link I can go to so I can find the actual September dates?

Thank you.

NEW Event Dates – On Sale May 30
Tickets for the following event dates will go on sale Thursday, May 30, 2019:

• Thursday, August 22, 2019
  • Thursday, August 29, 2019
  • Thursday, September 5, 2019
  • Thursday, September 12, 2019
  • Thursday, September 19, 2019
  • Thursday, September 26, 2019
The new dates were also posted a few pages back.

We are looking to do dah on June 13. What time does it get over? The problem we are running into is that we are scheduled to leave that the 13th at 2:00 on ME. The only flight for the next day that we can find leaves at 6:00 am the next morning. We don’t want to pay for a hotel room for 1-2 hours and we can’t use me because we will no longer be considered resort guests. Could we still leave all our bags at bell services and then Uber to the airport?

We are looking to do dah on June 13. What time does it get over? The problem we are running into is that we are scheduled to leave that the 13th at 2:00 on ME. The only flight for the next day that we can find leaves at 6:00 am the next morning. We don’t want to pay for a hotel room for 1-2 hours and we can’t use me because we will no longer be considered resort guests. Could we still leave all our bags at bell services and then Uber to the airport?

It ends at 1. You might make it back in time to catch the bus but Uber is a great alternative if you miss it. Yes, bell services can hold your bags.

I think that's an amazing idea! You'd need to check out of the hotel by 11am on 6/13 (unless they allow for late check out). If you do find yourself in need of a shower or change, you'd still have use of the pool area (which usually has showers) until midnight. You might be a bit sweaty/gross on the plane, so maybe pack some baby wipes to clean up in your carry on? Actually I think this is a genius way to spend the "last day" which is really just a last few hours. Oh and if you do take a car service you might be able to leave later than 2am. The ME tends to error on the side of caution when it comes to getting you to the airport. I was there once at 4am for a 6am flight and the airport staff basically told me I shouldn't have bothered.

I think that's an amazing idea! You'd need to check out of the hotel by 11am on 6/13 (unless they allow for late check out). If you do find yourself in need of a shower or change, you'd still have use of the pool area (which usually has showers) until midnight. You might be a bit sweaty/gross on the plane, so maybe pack some baby wipes to clean up in your carry on? Actually I think this is a genius way to spend the "last day" which is really just a last few hours. Oh and if you do take a car service you might be able to leave later than 2am. The ME tends to error on the side of caution when it comes to getting you to the airport. I was there once at 4am for a 6am flight and the airport staff basically told me I shouldn't have bothered.

Our bus is actually a 2pm bus, not a 2 am bus, but at least I know its not a completely crazy idea. The flight leaves at 6:30 so we would need somewhere to hangout for a couple of hours. I guess we could sit in the lobby for a couple of hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter