**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Sounds like fun? What time were you let in? Just wondering if they are still letting people in before 7pm at MK? I don’t want to show up at 6pm and wait an hour...

They were definitely letting people in before 7pm but I don’t know exactly what time they started letting people in. I have an AP and had left MK around 3pm to rest at the resort for a little while before returning to MK. It was around 6:40 pm when I got back to MK and they were already letting event guests in then.

They were definitely letting people in before 7pm but I don’t know exactly what time they started letting people in. I have an AP and had left MK around 3pm to rest at the resort for a little while before returning to MK. It was around 6:40 pm when I got back to MK and they were already letting event guests in then.
Trying to figure out if we should move our ADR at 1900 Park Fare from 5:25pm to 4:35pm.... I know it says to allow 1.5 hours for character dining so maybe 4:35 would be better? But won’t want to get to MK too early either and just wait. Will keep checking back for a 5pm ADR.

So excited! Thank you for all of the reports and info. We're going 2/17 to MKAH. It was previously going to be a non-park trip because we splurged on a one-bedroom at SSR. DS9 doesn't know we bought the tickets, and I can't wait to surprise him. I also really hope he can stay up for it. :)

Looking for some advice. We (family of four, including a 4.5 yo and 8 yo) are visiting family in Florida in late Feb/early March and have squeezed in some time for Disney on Monday, March 2nd and Tuesday, March 3rd. Our flight leaves out of Orlando at 6:45pm on Tuesday the 3rd. We would love to visit HS and MK, and I can't decide our best strategy. Here are the options I'm juggling in my mind: (1) Do MK all day on Monday and then HS on Tuesday from 9a-3:30p or so in order to catch our flight (is that enough time at HS?); (2) Do HS on Monday beginning at 9am, followed by MKAH that evening--I know that makes for a very long day but I think we could power through it.

We likely won't be back to Disney for several years, and I'd love my 4.5yo to experience the "magic" of MK (8 yo has been to Disney 3x already)--the parades, the character greetings, the night show/fireworks, etc.--but not sure that it is worth also waiting in long ride lines during regular hours, so am leaning toward the AH experience! Would love any thoughts (or other ideas on how best to approach our little time there).

Do they ever change start times for DAH? I’m going on 1/31 and have been hoping they may change park closing to 9pm but seeing as it’s a hard ticketed event I’m thinking they may not at this notice.

Do they ever change start times for DAH? I’m going on 1/31 and have been hoping they may change park closing to 9pm but seeing as it’s a hard ticketed event I’m thinking they may not at this notice.

I think there was a time when a set of DAH dates were released and the hours of some of the dates were wrong initially, but those were all corrected within a couple of days. Other than that, no, I haven't seen them ever change the time of the event.

Anyone have an opinion about going Monday, Jan 20 (Martin Luther King day) from 9-12 versus Thursday, Jan 23 from 8-11? Specifically, do you think there would be much difference in crowd size, or are AH crowds usually so low that it just won't matter anyway?

I was planning for Thu, but I'm tempted to switch to Mon due to the later hours (no kids this trip). But then Monday is a holiday, so maybe that cancels out any advantage of later hours?

We just did it Jan 13th and it was great! I think the most we waited was 5 minutes for Mine Train, but most rides had no lines at all. It is worth the money to me to ride all the big rides multiple times without crowds and without the heat! Near the end of the night Peter Pan was a walk-on too and I don't think I have ever seen that!
We grabbed as many waters, sodas, ice cream bars, and popcorn as we could!!

Ok we are going in August and looking at this as an option if the After Hours Events run..I thinkMNSSHP is starting early this August . Will they both run ? Or no ?
if yes which one is less crowded or more “ worth it “
Thanks in advance

Ok we are going in August and looking at this as an option if the After Hours Events run..I thinkMNSSHP is starting early this August . Will they both run ? Or no ?
if yes which one is less crowded or more “ worth it “
Thanks in advance

There is precedent to have both DAH and MNSSHP dates sprinkled among each other. Not a ton of overlap, but definitely some depending on the time of year.

DAH is far less crowded than MNSSHP.

Both are "worth it" in my opinion, but offer a much different product / value proposition.

Reactions: DLo
We'll be there Thursday night! Hoping the crowds are low and temperature is warm.

I searched and couldn't find the answer to this...... We'll already be in the park when the event starts. Do we need to do anything special to check in or will our bands automatically switch over?

We'll be there Thursday night! Hoping the crowds are low and temperature is warm.

I searched and couldn't find the answer to this...... We'll already be in the park when the event starts. Do we need to do anything special to check in or will our bands automatically switch over?

You'll need to pick up your DAH credentials (a wristband) at one of the interior park locations. Below is the info from Post #6 about where those locations have been in the past. Have fun next week!

What if Already in the Park? In-Park Disney After Hours Credential Pick-Up Locations

• For guests who have already entered the park via a regular park ticket or AP admission prior to 7pm, various locations are available to pick-up your DAH credentials:
    • The area outside of the Laugh Floor / Buzz Lightyear entrances
    • Tortuga Tavern
    • Liberty Square ticket office
    • City Hall guest relations office
    • Note: These locations have changed/morphed over time: if you see other locations or find any of the above to not be available on your night, please let me know.

You'll need to pick up your DAH credentials (a wristband) at one of the interior park locations. Below is the info from Post #6 about where those locations have been in the past. Have fun next week!

What if Already in the Park? In-Park Disney After Hours Credential Pick-Up Locations

• For guests who have already entered the park via a regular park ticket or AP admission prior to 7pm, various locations are available to pick-up your DAH credentials:
    • The area outside of the Laugh Floor / Buzz Lightyear entrances
    • Tortuga Tavern
    • Liberty Square ticket office
    • City Hall guest relations office
    • Note: These locations have changed/morphed over time: if you see other locations or find any of the above to not be available on your night, please let me know.
Thank you so much!!!

Is there a precedent to have DAH in June while the Villains are going on? I was searching and I don't think they had last year but really hoping they will this year for our June trip

Is there a precedent to have DAH in June while the Villains are going on? I was searching and I don't think they had last year but really hoping they will this year for our June trip

No, there was no DAH and VAH overlap last summer (unlike what is about to happen starting in Feb).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!