**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I didn’t find the lack of a gap to really be an issue. It’s nice at AK to to clear out the standby line for FoP, but MK just has so many more attractions open that the impact (as far as I’ve seen) is minimal, unless you really want to start at 7D (in which case, don’t, lol).

That’s what I like to hear. Figured we would wait until closer to 10:30-11 to do 7D.

It doesn't matter if the AP holder attends. You could buy passes for others to attend even if you weren't there for their trip.

The only issue I would see is assigning the tickets, which I think locks them to one account. For example, if you wanted to add then to an MDE account, you'd have to decide to whom each ticket belongs. If you just plan to pick up and use the hard ticket, I think whoever's enters the park for DAH with that pass will be fine.

Sorry for the hijack. How can an AP holder buy passes to DAH if they are not going themselves? Can hard passes be purchased at Disney Springs guest services?

I bought mine online from Disney. To get the AP discount, tickets need to be bought in advance, I think at least the day before or earlier.

Here for AH tonight. Temp is a gorgeous 68. The hub was packed. Grabbed a little real food at Cosmic Ray’s but leaving room for popcorn & ice cream! Haven’t seen many people with bands on yet & tickets were still available this afternoon. Hopefully a light crowd!

And yes, I realize calling Cosmic Ray’s real food is a stretch. 🤣

Here for AH tonight. Temp is a gorgeous 68. The hub was packed. Grabbed a little real food at Cosmic Ray’s but leaving room for popcorn & ice cream! Haven’t seen many people with bands on yet & tickets were still available this afternoon. Hopefully a light crowd!

And yes, I realize calling Cosmic Ray’s real food is a stretch. 🤣
I'm here also! My first after hours event!

On the ferry back to TTC. Another great DAH event in the books. These are, hands down, my favorite Disney events. It’s so nice to slow down and really look and listen to the magic of the park. Light crowds tonight. We had an amazing time!

That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing!

We were at the event also last night and absolutely loved it. Cannot believe, even after reading all your wonderful reviews on here, how empty the park was and how much we got done! We will booking this during every WDW trip as long as it is offered. It is the best upcharge event we have done.

We managed to do the following after arriving at 9pm:

Small World
Peter Pan’s Flight
Tangled Lantern PP shot
HM
BTM x 2
POTC
Jingle Cruise x 2
Met Rapunzel and Tiana
7DMT
Buzz Lightyear
Met Mickey Mouse
Met Tinkerbell

On top of that we had around 15 PP photos on Main Street and at the entrance etc.

For us it is a must book event. Thanks for all your tips and help on this thread!

Here is my review of our wonderful experience with AH.

Tapped MB at 7:00pm at front gate. It felt very crowded on main street to me. We did our prescheduled FP for 6:20-7:20, 7:30-8:30, and 8:30-9:30. We had dole whips (sat and ate them from Aloha) all before 3rd FP. We tapped our MB for our third FP at 8:20 and scheduled another FP for 9:25. In between our 3rd and 4th FP were the Fireworks, and were able to ride BTMRR 3x and see fireworks from the ride. Met Rapunzel, Tiana, Cinderella, Elana. All walk in. We did notice the 7DMT crowd was still strong at 9:50 when we walked by from day guests getting their last ride. Hit 4th FP after Fireworks right at 10pm.
Our AH schedule went as follows beginning at 10pm.
Barnstormer 3x
First Mickey Bar, drinks
Space Mountain 2x ( wife and two teenagers)
Buzz and Astro Orbiters (Me, 4 yr old)
Popcorn
7DMT 2x
Winnie Pooh (ride failed, had to be evacuated, 10 -15 minutes to evacuate.)
Second Mickey Bar
Peter Pan 2x
Rapunzel lantern Photo
Haunted Mansion (me and Teens while DW did lantern photo with 4 yr old)
Popcorn and Mickey Bar
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets 2x (lost most steam at this point and the 4yr old wanted another BTMRR but everyone else was exhausted)
Kiss Goodnight at castle
Photo at Castle
Photo of Main Street Christmas tree
Photo down Main Street at Castle
Shopped at Emporium for 4yr old (shameless bribery for passing up final BTMRR)
Exited park at 12:53am
Photo in front of Park

Monorail was not running. Not sure if that’s normal or not but we had to take Ferry to TTC.
I didn’t think the parking attendants did a good job being clear with the directions to ride the tram. Walked all the way back to car unnecessarily due to confusion.
Driving away at 1:43 am.

Overall, it was worth every penny. Walk on rides all night. Great CM’s that encouraged a second, of third or fourth ride by remaining seated. If doing rides is what you are after, you could save 3 days in MK by doing AH for one night, easily. We took a 4 year old and had her take a nap earlier that afternoon, but she loved it and was only asleep in the stroller as we walked through parking lot. We did wait a bit for popcorn and ice-cream most of the night (7-10min). There didn’t seem to be enough mobile kiosks for the snacks. So, there was a very short line at most we saw). Additionally I know they closed them down before 1am, I passed several on my way out, already closed. Would have grabbed a few more snacks on way out. That’s my only complaint. Loved it!

Last edited:
[QUOTE="fivefourdis, post: 61329884, member:We did wait a bit for popcorn and ice-cream most of the night (7-10min). There didn’t seem to be enough mobile kiosks for the snacks. So, there was a very short line at most we saw). Additionally I know they closed them down before 1am, I passed several on my way out, already closed. Would have grabbed a few more snacks on way out. That’s my only complaint. Loved it!
[/QUOTE]

We only saw one line the whole night for snacks and it was at the 7DMT

[QUOTE="fivefourdis, post: 61329884, member:We did wait a bit for popcorn and ice-cream most of the night (7-10min). There didn’t seem to be enough mobile kiosks for the snacks. So, there was a very short line at most we saw). Additionally I know they closed them down before 1am, I passed several on my way out, already closed. Would have grabbed a few more snacks on way out. That’s my only complaint. Loved it!

We only saw one line the whole night for snacks and it was at the 7DMT
[/QUOTE]
I realize I’m being slightly critical. It wasn’t bad, certainly not enough to prevent me from doing the event. I think it could be heightened by our desire to move around park quickly to maximize the ticket. But I would see the kiosk off in distance and no guests would be there, and then another family or two would hit it just before we got there. I think it was just unlucky. But I thought it could be useful to keep expectations managed.

Another report from last night (12/9): arrived at 7 from Epcot and used a fourth FP+ that I scheduled on the way (Buzz) and rode TTA. Stopped in the hub around 8 to get a space for HEA as it was my first time to see it which was a complete waste of time. I could have just walked up at 9 and had five people in front of me shove their phones in the air and block my view rather than wait an hour for it. :sad2:

After fireworks I went back to Tomorrowland and rode TTA again while the crowd cleared out. Then hit Buzz x2, Astro Orbitor, Tea Party, 7DMT x4, Carousel x2, PP, BTMRR x4, HM, Pooh, stopped twice for popcorn and drinks, and once for ice cream. On one of the BTMRR rides it was just me and one other guy and they sent us around twice. No wait for anything. I did see a line of about 6-7 people at the popcorn stand in Tomorrowland right at 10, but no waiting after that. The popcorn and drinks were out and waiting at some of the stands I passed (Liberty Square and Frontierland) to just grab. I did see cast members at the carts at least until 12:45 when I was walking out. I was back at POP at 1:30.

I was nervous about this event as I am the lark, not the owl, but I got a second wind after the fireworks and zooming around the park with no crowds and no waiting was energizing as well. The weather was perfect - warm enough to be comfortable without being hot. It was great and I loved it and I would totally do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter