**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Reading all these posts and seeing people's experiences with 7DMT, I think it's interesting how much luck can play into things. I went back to see how we fared this year compared to last January and this is what I had to say about 7DMT from that night:

"7DMT was a real X-factor. I think it said "20" minutes all night, but it really varied. We got in line expecting 20 minutes the first time, and it was more like 10. Then we went to do other things, thinking it would be shorter later on. The second time, still posted at "20" but it was more like 5 minutes, so we were excited and hopped back in line immediately after our ride. This was toward the end of the night and my DD11 was beginning to wilt. Already, the line had swelled and was well past the point where we had experiences the 10 minute wait, so we bailed and went to Winnie the Pooh to end the evening."

Last year, the advice seemed to be to do 7DMT later in the night. This year we wanted to ride it a couple of times, so tried to hit it in the middle again even if it meant we'd have a bit of a wait, but we probably hit it right during the stoppages for both 7DMT and Pooh, which probably led to longer lines at the end of the night, but again, you can't control that kind of thing and we adjusted! So, here's a fuller report of our experience on 1/17/19 (Times are approximate).

Pirates (before the event started) after picking up our wristbands at Tortuga Tavern.

8:00 - 9:00 I know a poster asked if we could stay on BTMR but I forgot to quote the post - we couldn't stay on because there were always people waiting to get on - it was still pretty much a walk on, but you couldn't stay on, unfortunately!
BTMR 2x (during HEA - magical fireworks! pixiedust: )
Splash (more HEA) - We got a great picture of the 4 of us in our own boat - will probably make the 2019 Christmas card!
BTMR 2x
popcorn/ice cream break near BTMR, then more water (I think...or maybe ice cream?) by the Liberty Bell

9:00-9:35

HM - one of our longer lines of the evening for some reason!
Lantern Photo - another longish line, but we took turns for restroom breaks and the pictures were worth it!

9:35-10:20 - We actually went to Pooh first, then tried 7DMT (we didn't notice the closure on the way). We figured we'd head to Little Mermaid and then when both rides were still off-line, we headed to Tomorrowland. They let us stay on Peoplemover (although they did not allow us to take different cars for some reason? Could have said we were singles but didn't think it would be an issue, but we had more fun together!), unfortunately, I checked before we stayed on and 7DMT was still off, then the rides reopened after we committed - d'oh! But it didn't matter, we love Peoplemover and we had a lot of laughs - probably my favorite memory of the night! :rotfl:

Little Mermaid
Space
Peoplemover 2x

10:20-11+
Pooh
7DMT - waited the full posted 20 minutes and no one (but me) wanted to get back in line! :sad2:
Teacups - DH and DS do not like the teacups, so they went for more snacks/water (they went to Tomorrowland to get them) and then we met up in the Hub.
Main Street picture - love the pictures from the end of the night - the little "After Hours" sign in a nice touch!

Kiss Goodnight!

As I mentioned in my previous post, my DD and I thought it "seemed" more crowded walking around than during our sold out event night last year, but that could be just where/when we hit things, plus the ride closures in Fantasyland. We had a blast and I would do it again if I'm able to save the funds! This was a long weekend trip, so it was nice to do a bunch of rides Thursday night and have a more relaxed day in MK on Sunday.

All the popcorn we saw was freshly popped and quite delicious! popcorn::

Took the plunge and bought our tix for 1/28! Weather is looking much "warmer" as well. Yay!

I got myself a ticket and 3 more for my family at the AP rate and I am the only AP.
They aren't showing up in MDE. Anyone know why? In Aug they populated themselves when I bought them.

Took the plunge and bought our tix for 1/28! Weather is looking much "warmer" as well. Yay!

I got myself a ticket and 3 more for my family at the AP rate and I am the only AP.
They aren't showing up in MDE. Anyone know why? In Aug they populated themselves when I bought them.

When I bought my tickets (also with an AP discount, not that that matters), I’m pretty sure I had to link the tickets by entering the confirmation number into MDE.

When I bought my tickets (also with an AP discount, not that that matters), I’m pretty sure I had to link the tickets by entering the confirmation number into MDE.
Thx. I tried that but it didn't work. Wants individual ticket numbers. It is letting my make Fps though, so they must be there, I just can't see them.

Glad to see you’re going! I’m just hoping our flight lands on time so we aren’t late to dah

Thx. I tried that but it didn't work. Wants individual ticket numbers. It is letting my make Fps though, so they must be there, I just can't see them.
Disney IT having issues?? No....

Back in September, I had trouble seeing my second ticket (this was not AP rate). Originally I could see it, had it assigned to another family member in MDE so my DH wouldn't see it, and then I couldn't see it to reassign! Got it all straightened out a couple days before at least.

@TheFloatingBear Thanks for the review!!

and have a more relaxed day in MK

This is precisely why I booked the tickets. We are only in the parks for 2 days prior to a cruise. It is my DD7 first time there, maybe last? One day in MK, one day in AK. I was so stressing those darn fastpasses and "fitting everything in" (even though I know we can't :)).

When I found DAH (and tbh, I had no idea it even existed before I saw this thread), it took the stress away. Expensive, yes. But it means I can relax a bit more and smell the roses on our day in MK. That's worth a lot to me.

@TheFloatingBear Thanks for the review!!

This is precisely why I booked the tickets. We are only in the parks for 2 days prior to a cruise. It is my DD7 first time there, maybe last? One day in MK, one day in AK. I was so stressing those darn fastpasses and "fitting everything in" (even though I know we can't :)).

When I found DAH (and tbh, I had no idea it even existed before I saw this thread), it took the stress away. Expensive, yes. But it means I can relax a bit more and smell the roses on our day in MK. That's worth a lot to me.

Definitely! There's just so much! It gave us a chance to do a leisurely ride on the Liberty Square Riverboat, spend some time on Main Street, listen to the Dapper Dans - just some extra things that might have been tough to fit in! Enjoy your cruise and your park days!

Definitely! There's just so much! It gave us a chance to do a leisurely ride on the Liberty Square Riverboat, spend some time on Main Street, listen to the Dapper Dans - just some extra things that might have been tough to fit in! Enjoy your cruise and your park days!
We’ve never been on the riverboat. Maybe that’ll be something we do this trip

We’ve never been on the riverboat. Maybe that’ll be something we do this trip

Definitely try to fit it in! I love it and it makes a nice little break, although it does take a little while (website says 17 minutes, but with loading and unloading and such, a little longer). You're up high and it's just a different perspective - it gives you a fun view of BTMR!

Definitely try to fit it in! I love it and it makes a nice little break, although it does take a little while (website says 17 minutes, but with loading and unloading and such, a little longer). You're up high and it's just a different perspective - it gives you a fun view of BTMR!
Our relaxing mk day is next Friday and there’s a dance competition so I expect it to be busy. The boat would give us a break from people

This may be sort of a dumb question, being that WDW tickets say nontransferable, but if my friend is an passholder, can they buy me a DAH ticket that I can use for the discount?

Thanks, so I would be able to just link it to my account if they buy it thru theirs?

So, couple of options. If they buy tickets online, they have to assign the ticket to someone then.... so you'd need to be a friend/family connected to their account so they can select you as the ticket holder. This would be among the easier options.

If they buy via phone, the tickets don't get assigned to anyone and they can physically give you the ticket, you can then add the confirmation # to your profile if you want to, etc.

Kind of a simplified version, but does that make sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter