**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Does anyone else find it strange that Disney spent the last week hosting youtubers, showing off after hours at MK and AK and yet we can’t actually book any beyond the last few weeks? Seems very odd

I get them showing off the super expensive hotel rooms and deluxe resorts, but why promote an event you haven’t even confirmed is still available beyond April 11th?

Makes me think a price increase is coming with the next round of released dates.

Makes me think a price increase is coming with the next round of released dates.

Ditto. The last time I waited a weirdly long time and Disney released a new round of dates really late was when I was waiting for the HEA dessert party. They ended up adding the after fireworks party AND increasing the price.

Nevertheless, still hoping for April 18!

Ditto. The last time I waited a weirdly long time and Disney released a new round of dates really late was when I was waiting for the HEA dessert party. They ended up adding the after fireworks party AND increasing the price.

Nevertheless, still hoping for April 18!

Have they extended any park hours for April yet?

I have begun to think they want us to buy park tickets first instead of just using our AH tickets before they release dates. I have been holding off on buying park tickets in hope of just going to DAH lol. How many park tickets I buy depends on if there are AH events.
Same here!

Not for my week (the week leading up to Easter). 10pm close every night, except for Wednesday with evening EMH until midnight.

That’s actually promising. Sort of. Once DAH schedule is out, those hours don’t change. So hopefully this week?

I’ve thought that every week for the last eight weeks - LOL!

I can’t even imagine how frustrating it is when you are inside 60 days (assuming you are staying on site).

We are 90 days out so I can still “wait” to see if they are extended or not.

We've been stuck in that exact same spot on Splash! It was actually during our DAH night last March. That really stinks that you were stuck on Pirates for 10 minutes. That's a pretty long time to be stuck during DAH.

Yeah. We lost 25 minutes total to stuck rides. Splash wasn't even supposed to be on the plans but kids were suddenly excited to don ponchos and ride it at night. We usually make fun of poncho wearing people on Splash because we WANT to get wet in the heat. So made for a fun family photo of us all coming down the drop with ponchos on.

Pirates was our last ride and we were hoping for snacks right after. The delay meant snack carts were packed up when we got off. That was a bummer.

With the 20+min waits at 7DMT...do they allow rider swap? We will have a 1 year old and I was thinking we wouldn’t need to even use a swap, but 40 min for one ride is more than I was hoping for?!

Good question. My kids are teens and I wasn't paying attention to see what families with small children were doing. Hopefully someone here can help.

I finally made up my mind and actually bought our tickets for April 4th! It was hard to choose between MK and HS DAH but I just had to go with MK. It was so great last time. I'm hopeful for some late June dates for HS.

I finally made up my mind and actually bought our tickets for April 4th! It was hard to choose between MK and HS DAH but I just had to go with MK. It was so great last time. I'm hopeful for some late June dates for HS.
I agree MK would be the best choice!

The last time I did an AH event was in 2017, and I received an email with the two tickets to print out and present to the CMs at the gate. This time for my AH event in March I booked it over the phone and I got a confirmation email but no barcode or tickets to print out. Do I need anything extra or since it's already linked to my Magic Band will I just need to scan in and go? Sorry if this has been asked before I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see anything! Thanks!

The last time I did an AH event was in 2017, and I received an email with the two tickets to print out and present to the CMs at the gate. This time for my AH event in March I booked it over the phone and I got a confirmation email but no barcode or tickets to print out. Do I need anything extra or since it's already linked to my Magic Band will I just need to scan in and go? Sorry if this has been asked before I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see anything! Thanks!
When I booked, I did so online and the instructions said if I have Magic Bands, I don't need the barcode. I would take your confirmation email (or a screen shot of it) but I wouldn't think you'd need it if it's already connected to your MB.

Can you see the tickets on your mde account?

Yeah. We lost 25 minutes total to stuck rides. Splash wasn't even supposed to be on the plans but kids were suddenly excited to don ponchos and ride it at night. We usually make fun of poncho wearing people on Splash because we WANT to get wet in the heat. So made for a fun family photo of us all coming down the drop with ponchos on.

Pirates was our last ride and we were hoping for snacks right after. The delay meant snack carts were packed up when we got off. That was a bummer.
That is a bummer. It’s hard because there isn’t much Disney can do about broken rides at the event.

Hi guys...so I did it. I bought tickets to one of the MK DAH events. We haven't been to Disney in years. I am pretty excited. I bought the tickets thru "Tickets-at-Work" and received them in the mail today. They are just a credit card looking ticket but they have NO event date or reference to the event? I went online and tried to link them to the My Disney Experience thing but it gave me an error. Also there is a date in the lower left corner of the cards...do you know what that date is for? These ones date back to 2017? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just confused. Can anyone advise?

Last edited:
Hi guys...so I did it. I bought tickets to one of the MK DAH events. We haven't been to Disney in years. I am pretty excited. I bought the tickets thru "Tickets-at-Work" and received them in the mail today. They are just a credit card looking ticket but they have NO event date or reference to the event? I went online and tried to link them to the My Disney Experience thing but it gave me an error. Also there is a date in the lower left corner of the cards...do you know what that date is for? These ones date back to 2017? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just confused. Can anyone advise?
I’ve never bought tickets from them before so I’m not sure I can help. When we got the hard ticket cards for our dah last year they had the date of the event on them

That is a bummer. It’s hard because there isn’t much Disney can do about broken rides at the event.
Yeah. We weren't mad at all. By the third time it was kinda funny and we all kept blaming my daughter for it. For the rest of the trip every time there was any delay we blamed her. But thank goodness for those ponchos on Splash!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter