**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So have the EMM.

I’m going in June. They better keep the parks open later than they currently are now (especially MK). 10pm is WAY too early for busy season
Last June about two weeks prior they extended many MK nights to midnight I believe. Sadly it was pretty last minute and too late too move my days around due to FP and ADR. I hope they have a few nights where it’s at least 11 or 12.

Just planned a trip today for DD8 and myself to go to the last (current) event on April 11. It's actually her birthday. I'll wake her up that morning and say "Surprise! You're not going to school... we leave for the airport in an hour!"

I went last year with DH, so I have a new MB. Her current Magic Band is an old one - so it's likely not working any more. Does she need a MB for After Hours? We have a family trip planned for Sept, so she'll be getting a new one then, so if she doesn't NEED one, I may just have her do without.
Did you choose to receive your dah tickets in the mail as a hard ticket? Did you get an email with a bar code? Either one of those will work instead of a magic band

Did you choose to receive your dah tickets in the mail as a hard ticket? Did you get an email with a bar code? Either one of those will work instead of a magic band
I have the email with barcode. That's all we need to get our wrist bands (along with my ID and CC), I'm guessing. I was confused because it said if I have a Magic Band, I can just scan and go - no need to go to Guest Services.

I have the email with barcode. That's all we need to get our wrist bands (along with my ID and CC), I'm guessing. I was confused because it said if I have a Magic Band, I can just scan and go - no need to go to Guest Services.
We just showed them our barcode when we did it that way in July last year

Back from a short trip for DAH and a day at Hollywood Studios. We stayed at the Contemporary this time trying to avoid the bus madness-it was a wonderful experience but the walk back was hard after walking so much at the event!

We grabbed something to eat at 5 (Club level, as an aside, one of the best experiences we've had, I'm posting pics and a short review on the Contemporary thread-just Amazing!)
We jumped on the monorail since my girls' friend had never been on it and arrived at the entrance at 5:40. There was a CM already holding the sign and they told us they would let us in right at 6:00!
52A04DD1-6D4A-43EE-AB58-23ECBEC132A2 (1).jpg
99F14471-4349-4C19-A335-EEC0FF2A1D7F.jpg
By 6 there was a small crowd gathered. We entered and they gave us our wristbands. We had a Space fastpass for 5:20-6:20 and made it with no problem and even took a bunch of pics before getting there. Weather was great and the park was busy. Lots of Brazilian groups and Dance groups. We then jumped on the People mover (fingers crossed it wouldn't break down!LOL)

9D72F30B-370B-42EC-BAAD-C67BDCA18AFB (1).jpg
I convinced them to do PhilharMagic (love) and headed for our next fast pass for 7d from 6:20 to 7:20 and made it. Our last fastpass was for BTM from 7:30-8. We went in with the last group before closing and got to see the fireworks from there. Loved it! When the ride was over a CM let them stay in the car and ride again (once is enough for me!) They were so happy..that doesn't happen often anymore!
DCC53A8C-F08D-4641-944B-46937E537BF0.jpg DCDC0581-A4E6-43E1-8401-05A32C80C23C.jpeg
The event started and the park still seemed crowded for a while. I watched the CM at Big Thunder refuse a bunch of people trying to get on the ride at 8:03.
Once the event started we did:
Splash Mountain 2x
grabbed snacks, crossed the hub for pictures and headed to Tomorrowland
Space 5-6 times in a row (thanks for the short cut explanations!!!)
Snack break
Headed to Fantasyland and rode Dumbo -met Tim Tacker :)
7d had a 15 minute wait so rode again!
35E3B584-BED0-453A-8724-C53C62838149.jpeg E9917DDF-3E10-464A-8A80-D6B1C92BE30C.jpg
Bathroom break at Rapunzels and then more snacks.
We ended the night at the Haunted Mansion and one last ride on Thunder Mountain :)

Overall thoughts, this was our fourth time doing this event and still think it's absolutely worth every penny. That said, I feel the number has definitely gone up. The park never felt empty.
A little sad about that but all rides except for 7d and PP were a walk on so hoping Disney keeps it at this number. Not complaining about it but it's hard not to compare to our first two times attending this event Jan.2017 and Jan. 2018. Sept. 2018 felt busier and this one was the busiest.
Would love to do it again before our Sept. cruise!!
9CCBAB5D-6854-47C2-8A19-65306E351C7A.jpeg

Just planned a trip today for DD8 and myself to go to the last (current) event on April 11. It's actually her birthday. I'll wake her up that morning and say "Surprise! You're not going to school... we leave for the airport in an hour!"

I went last year with DH, so I have a new MB. Her current Magic Band is an old one - so it's likely not working any more. Does she need a MB for After Hours? We have a family trip planned for Sept, so she'll be getting a new one then, so if she doesn't NEED one, I may just have her do without.
as long as her magic band is active in MDE, it will work to go to parks. It won't give her ride pictures however.

Okay, I've tried to stay positive right? Like, I've been here, patiently waiting with everyone. I've been just biding my time, so certain Disney would extend these events (especially the one at MK) into May. But this morning I'm just not feelin' it anymore. I've been fortunate to be one of the folks experiencing the "glitch" that has allowed access to an early FP booking window, and I'm realizing that if we don't get DAH then I'll be wanting to book EMM but that will alter my plan to focus more on evening touring for this trip. We have insiders who tell us so many helpful things about Disney, it's a little frustrating we don't seem to have anyone connected to the planning regarding these events. Sigh. I want to give it to the end of this week before I completely give up, but man am I tired of waiting.

Okay, I've tried to stay positive right? Like, I've been here, patiently waiting with everyone. I've been just biding my time, so certain Disney would extend these events (especially the one at MK) into May. But this morning I'm just not feelin' it anymore. I've been fortunate to be one of the folks experiencing the "glitch" that has allowed access to an early FP booking window, and I'm realizing that if we don't get DAH then I'll be wanting to book EMM but that will alter my plan to focus more on evening touring for this trip. We have insiders who tell us so many helpful things about Disney, it's a little frustrating we don't seem to have anyone connected to the planning regarding these events. Sigh. I want to give it to the end of this week before I completely give up, but man am I tired of waiting.
We are also hoping for May. The year that they did May dates they were not released until March 23 so I am not giving up yet.

I just feel like they should honestly know by now when/if they are going to run these by now. There truly is no reason they could not announce the dates through summertime for those trying to make all of their plans...

I just feel like they should honestly know by now when/if they are going to run these by now. There truly is no reason they could not announce the dates through summertime for those trying to make all of their plans...
I have begun to think they want us to buy park tickets first instead of just using our AH tickets before they release dates. I have been holding off on buying park tickets in hope of just going to DAH lol. How many park tickets I buy depends on if there are AH events.

I have begun to think they want us to buy park tickets first instead of just using our AH tickets before they release dates. I have been holding off on buying park tickets in hope of just going to DAH lol. How many park tickets I buy depends on if there are AH events.

Maybe that is what it is about, but it just seems like 30-60-90-120 days out they have a reasonable idea of who will be going to the parks. Also, they presumably have a reasonable idea of the crowd flow and which nights will be holding the event. I get it: it's a special event that is not meant to be planned out quite to the level of your "normal" park day. But many people who are interested should not have to move everything around at the last minute for an upcharge event. I mean they announced every single date for Not So Scary in January :-)

I’m waiting for June :hourglass

Do we have any idea why they block out certain months? There seems to be no rhyme or reason?

My guess is that it's a circular reference of park hours, staffing, and attendance projections. They sprinkle these in somewhat mid/late when they see conditions that warrant them. I also think all of these have been tests of sorts to see what the market can bear in terms of cost, frequency, etc.

Or someone looks at the revenue numbers for the quarter and makes the call they need to do something. :-)

Maybe that is what it is about, but it just seems like 30-60-90-120 days out they have a reasonable idea of who will be going to the parks. Also, they presumably have a reasonable idea of the crowd flow and which nights will be holding the event. I get it: it's a special event that is not meant to be planned out quite to the level of your "normal" park day. But many people who are interested should not have to move everything around at the last minute for an upcharge event. I mean they announced every single date for Not So Scary in January :-)
I agree. If they can add all the party events way ahead of time why not DAH. It is so frustrating because I do not know what days to plan what. If they are not going to have any more AH events they could at least announce it. They won't though.

Very happy to have found this thread! Last year, they had a September DAH on a random Thursday. This year (assuming the same schedule) that random Thursday (Sept 19) just happens to be DDs 8th birthday. Does anyone have a record of when that September date was added last year?!

If you were to compare DAH and MNSSHP, I’m assuming DAH is more laid back? We have never been to either one, but have been to disney 3x. If they don’t have DAH on the 19th, we would do the party on the 20th, but I’m thinking trying to squeeze everything we want to do into MNSSHP night be too much? It’s just a short trip, mostly to celebrate her birthday so we want to do something fun!

Very happy to have found this thread! Last year, they had a September DAH on a random Thursday. This year (assuming the same schedule) that random Thursday (Sept 19) just happens to be DDs 8th birthday. Does anyone have a record of when that September date was added last year?!

If you were to compare DAH and MNSSHP, I’m assuming DAH is more laid back? We have never been to either one, but have been to disney 3x. If they don’t have DAH on the 19th, we would do the party on the 20th, but I’m thinking trying to squeeze everything we want to do into MNSSHP night be too much? It’s just a short trip, mostly to celebrate her birthday so we want to do something fun!

May 2, 2018

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898156

I think since these are after hours events they wait as long as possible. Once these are announced with times, it locks in park closing time for that park/day. No extending hours on these dates.

I feel the pain with everyone else: I am hoping for DAH in September and I specifically picked my week to mimic DAH from last year. I am holding out for hope that some later dates will be posted if not then I plan on an additional MNSSHP. Let us all pray for some :worship::tinker:pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter