**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We attended the after hours on Thurs 2/21 during the busy Presidents Week holiday. We really enjoyed this event at MK and would not hesitate to book again if finances allowed. I think it was a very productive evening. We tried to avoid criss-crossing the park too much to maximize ride time. My only complaint is the fact that you had to walk through unnecessary standby lines. Not sure what the reason for that is but almost as if Disney wants to somehow penalize the event ticket holder so that you can't ride the headliners multiple times without experiencing a little inconvenience. TMR and Space were especially annoying. These were almost always walk ons so what difference would it have made to go through the FP line in TMR and be allowed the cut through passage inside of SM? Here's our list:

Pirates (1x)
Aladdin (1x)
TMR (3x)
Splash (1x)
Lantern Photo Opp
Buzz (4x) - I got a maxed out high score and kept trying to duplicate it but with no luck LOL!
Space (2x)
People Mover (1x)
Carousel (1x)
Peter Pan (1x)
7DMR (1x)

It may have been a sell out which really wasn't noticeable given how spread out the park is. On the other hand we know that the DAH that week on 2/16 at Hollywood Studios was a sell out and it was obvious.

We attended the after hours on Thurs 2/21 during the busy Presidents Week holiday. We really enjoyed this event at MK and would not hesitate to book again if finances allowed. I think it was a very productive evening. We tried to avoid criss-crossing the park too much to maximize ride time. My only complaint is the fact that you had to walk through unnecessary standby lines. Not sure what the reason for that is but almost as if Disney wants to somehow penalize the event ticket holder so that you can't ride the headliners multiple times without experiencing a little inconvenience. TMR and Space were especially annoying. These were almost always walk ons so what difference would it have made to go through the FP line in TMR and be allowed the cut through passage inside of SM? Here's our list:

Pirates (1x)
Aladdin (1x)
TMR (3x)
Splash (1x)
Lantern Photo Opp
Buzz (4x) - I got a maxed out high score and kept trying to duplicate it but with no luck LOL!
Space (2x)
People Mover (1x)
Carousel (1x)
Peter Pan (1x)
7DMR (1x)

It may have been a sell out which really wasn't noticeable given how spread out the park is. On the other hand we know that the DAH that week on 2/16 at Hollywood Studios was a sell out and it was obvious.

Just FYI for next time :) - they will let you use the shortcut to re-ride Space. Instead of following the “exit to tomorrland” signs, go the opposite direction. The unloading CMs can show you where to go if you’re not sure.

Just FYI for next time :) - they will let you use the shortcut to re-ride Space. Instead of following the “exit to tomorrland” signs, go the opposite direction. The unloading CMs can show you where to go if you’re not sure.

We tried and were redirected by a cast member. I think it's up to what the cast member on duty feels like.

We tried and were redirected by a cast member. I think it's up to what the cast member on duty feels like.
Yes it definitely depends on the cm. We’ve had a cm tell us to go out the door before. This was last summer when they were still working on the new exit for sm

This is my current game plan for my trip here soon. My resort locations and parks.

3/30- POR- arrival
3/31- SSR- Epcot day
4/01- SSR- Typhoon Lagoon day
4/02- SSR- Magic Kingdom day
4/03- SSR- Animal Kingdom day

But I am seriously considering swapping to this because of my continued anxiety about crowd levels during this time,

3/31- SSR- arrival
4/01- SSR- Typhoon Lagoon
4/02- SSR- resort day/pool day
4/03- SSR- Animal Kingdom After Hours
4/04- POR- Magic Kingdom After Hours

What do you think? Advice, opinions?

That's a shame. We successfully used it that night for 4 rides. The first time, I asked about it and the CM (a woman) said go ahead, but but be sure to tell a CM each time you do. After the 2nd, we went around the barrier to switch from the pink line to the green line side. After the 3rd, I aksed DH as we got off if he wanted to go again, and the CM (a man) volunteered the shortcut without us asking.

That's a shame. We successfully used it that night for 4 rides. The first time, I asked about it and the CM (a woman) said go ahead, but but be sure to tell a CM each time you do. After the 2nd, we went around the barrier to switch from the pink line to the green line side. After the 3rd, I aksed DH as we got off if he wanted to go again, and the CM (a man) volunteered the shortcut without us asking.

*sigh* that's annoying. Glad it worked for you. Why can't they just keep it consistent for everyone?

For those of you attending a DAH and staying offsite without a car, did you use Uber or Lyft or something else? I have never used them before and wondering how they work after an event like this? We may be staying at a hotel over by Universal Studios so trying to decide on the safest way to get back to our hotel. The MK DAH event we are looking at ends at 1:00am.

(also.....any suggestions on the best way to get from Universal to Disney (either a resort or a park)....just in general). Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if "Disney After Hours"has significantlly less people than "Extra Magic Hours." I know you do not get the free snacks , but is there any other differences, beside cost?

I went to a sold out event last August. I would say yes, there are significantly less people than during extra magic hours

Does anyone know if "Disney After Hours"has significantlly less people than "Extra Magic Hours." I know you do not get the free snacks , but is there any other differences, beside cost?
EMH is 2 hours, DAH is 3 hours. It is sold as significantly reduced crowds. I’m going to do both back to back, but not until the end of next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter