**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Holy smokes! You have to have the DAH ride record! 21 rides in 3 hours!?!? We got in 14. and I felt like we ran from ride to ride. But we did also cross the park twice.
It definitely eats up time if you’re criss crossing across the park. We did that too because we didn’t reride a lot of things.

Do you think the fact that they extended EMM for MK through August is a good sign that they might do the same for DAH? I'm really REALLY hoping to do it when we're there in May.

If zmack has the most rides, we might have the least! DH really wanted to eat at Sci Fi & the only time I could get was Thursday at 5:45. So we didn’t get to MK til 7:50.

We rode people mover & buzz starting right at 8. Stopped for ice cream & water. Didn’t know mermaid was closed so we walked all the way there. Saw mine train was closed so we went on Pooh (8:35) & waited 2 vehicles.

PP was a 10 minute wait so we went onto HM & walked on. Did JC & POC as walk ins also. Stopped for popcorn after JC. Went back to PP which was still about 10 minutes.

Both times we walked past the tangled photo pass, there were at least 15 people in line. Can’t say how many groups tho.

We did philharmonic & the checked mine train again - still down. We headed to the hub for more popcorn & a coke. We actually didn’t eat most of the popcorn but I always bring zip lock bags & bring popcorn on the plane & home with us.

We waited for a picture in the hub & then headed out. DH has foot issues & was in lots of pain. I had that sore throat/ headache “gonna get a cold” feeling. Since I had gone bagless I didn’t have any Motrin & we were both getting miserable.

We got to the bus stop at a little after 10:30 & waited about 20 minutes for a bus. That was actually the most annoying part of the night.

As I said before, it felt more crowded than last Jan 30th. But the weather was immensely better. And with mine train down most of the night, I’m sure more people were wandering around. Except for Tomorrowland between 8 & 8:30, we never got that “empty park” feel. It was more like a “crowd level 1”. Still not bad, but a little different than before.

I’m glad we have an AP discount. I don’t think we would pay full price because we are apparently too old to get the full benefit.

Last edited:

It says in one of the original posts that an AP can buy up to four tickets total with the AP discount but it didn't sound like this had been confirmed. Can anyone confirm this? I'm hoping to go with a party of six and I'm the only AP, so just wondering how many we'll need to pay full price for. TIA!

It says in one of the original posts that an AP can buy up to four tickets total with the AP discount but it didn't sound like this had been confirmed. Can anyone confirm this? I'm hoping to go with a party of six and I'm the only AP, so just wondering how many we'll need to pay full price for. TIA!
It does say four, but it's interesting when you add more than that to the cart online. It allows me to put 10 tickets in the cart at the AP rate. I didn't go all the way through the checkout process, so maybe it changes once you assign the ticket to a particular guest. Maybe that is where it changes the price if there are not enough passholders to allow that reduced rate.

I was able to buy 4...3 plus mine. That was the total I needed, so not sure if that is the max or not.

Post #3 hasn't been updated for a couple weeks. Does anyone know if either of the last two dates sold out?

We were there yesterday and would do it again in a heartbeat. There were more people than at HS on Saturday but still saw plenty of empty park. We have APs so we arrived at 5 for dinner at the Plaza. Never again, blah food and the tables were right on top of each other. It was awful.

We did some of the low wait/long rides like CoP and the People Mover. FP for HM. Did the Tiki Room. Went toward the Hub and watched the fireworks .

Around 8:15 we did BTMRR with little wait and then we just kind of moved across the park. We had done Splash and Pirates that morning so skipped them. Moving back into Fantasyland, we did PP, caught 7DMT for the brief time it was up .The line for the lantern Photo was too long so we skipped it .

Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Under the Sea was down but we had walked over there without knowing. then Buzz twice. Everything was a walk on except 7DNT and BTMRR. Did the people over again. We stopped twice along the way for drinks and snacks. Got lots of photos of the empty Main Street and did three photopass photos with no wait. Did some shopping which did have a long wait for lots of folks using up snack credits. Left the park at 10:15 very satisfied. Got our photo taken in front of the train station and headed out to the busses where a shared bus for the Epcot resorts was waiting. We were back in our room by 11:00.

Has anyone done the Happily Ever After Dessert Party before DAH? If so, would you recommend the party before or after the fireworks? On the day we are going to DAH the hours are 10 - 1 and fireworks are at 9:15. It's spring break time so I was thinking doing the dessert party would be less stressful than fighting the crowds for fireworks!

Has anyone done the Happily Ever After Dessert Party before DAH? If so, would you recommend the party before or after the fireworks? On the day we are going to DAH the hours are 10 - 1 and fireworks are at 9:15. It's spring break time so I was thinking doing the dessert party would be less stressful than fighting the crowds for fireworks!
We are doing this exact thing on April 11th. We are currently booked for the before party.

We’ve done it. I’d probably do the before party but I think either are valid, just depends on your preferences.

HEA is around 18 minutes, so for the after party it’ll be 9:35ish before you make it back to the dessert party area. That could be a good time to wait out the final 25ish mins of park open time, or it could be a good window to get going on your evening - whatever works best for you.

Disney is really killing me lol. They have set dates for mnsshp the glow h2o thing emm for Mk. But no after hours for summer yet. They make planning really hard

The worst part is, if they happen to have made a decision to stop having DAH altogether for some strange reason (I do NOT believe that is the case, btw), they probably wouldn't make an announcement about it and we would go all the way up to our trips watching and waiting for them to drop dates at any time. So it's like, we have to keep our plans flexible and include space to do these events just in case they drop them, but they could drop the dates at any point in time from now through the next few months including never having them again. ANYTHING is possible. Sigh.

I did the Feb. 7th DAH. I know there are a lot of positive comments about the event, but I'm going to be one of the few to be on the fence whether it was worth it or not. My family and I loved the beautiful weather that evening. We arrived at 6:25pm, but I don't know the exact time people were let in before that. It was great not to have to battle intense crowds and long lines. We did the people mover, Buzz Lightyear, and then attempted SM. That is where we were first disappointed. It wasn't down all evening, but we would have had to keep back tracking. Then came the closure of SDMT, which was one of the biggest reasons why we did DAH in the first place. We weren't about to wait in a two hour line during the day, and we had no hope of securing a FP when we weren't staying on property. From other posts, I see that SDMT came back up at 10:45pm, but we were on the other side of the park by then. I understand that rides break down, but from all the posts I've read, this seems to be a frequent occurrence at DAH.

We did the following:

People Mover
Buzz Lightyear
Winnie the Pooh x2
Peter Pan
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Thunder Mountain
Pirates
Jungle Cruise

So, we did about 10 rides in 4.5 hours. The evening went by very quickly. We had almost no wait to get snacks. Overall, I think there are many pros to this event, but enough cons to make me seriously consider whether or not I want to spend a huge amount of money again for this. I am so grateful the weather was in our favor. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter