**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I just got home at midnight last night from our trip where my DD and I attended the 8/1 VAH event. We both LOVED the event and thought the crowd level was good and had an amazing time. We didn't take time out to go get treats/food since we had the HEA dessert party right before and so we were able to get a ton of stuff done. I let her control what rides we went on so we did skip Space, but we did ride through on the people mover twice to hear the villians voices and she loved it. So here is our list of stuff we rode from when we got in at 6:35pm for the party.

Before party with FP:
Pirates (she wasn't too keen on going on it with any actors, it kinda freaked her out so we did it before)
Haunted Mansion
SDMT
Buzz
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (to get out of the rain before the fireworks)

*watched HEA from the plaza viewing area and then went to the after fireworks dessert party*

During the party in order:
Buzz
People mover
Tomorrowland Speedway
Splash
Big Thunder
saw Maleficent as we walked through frontierland just by chance
Small World (personally wouldn't have chosen it, but she wanted to so ok lol)
Barnstormer x2 (they let us stay on, we would have ridden again but DD gets motion sick and needed a break)
Dumbo
drinks, bathroom, and light shopping break
People mover
SDMT
caught the 1:00 stage show on our way out by chance, we hadn't planned to see it but stopped to watch
enjoyed hecklers as we made our way to the monorail to head back to GF

The only thing we had to wait for at all was SDMT which actually wasn't as bad as the CMs said it was, they came on the intercom and said it would be a 55 min wait right after we got in line but we were on and off in about 25 minutes and left the ride right as they closed the line at 1. We loved the atmosphere and I would 100% do this event again. By the time I got to bed I had been awake for 24 hours since it was our travel day but it was well worth it.
Wow! That sounds like an awesome night... Worthwhile indeed! Despite going from one side of the park to the other twice, and stopping for drinks/bathroom/shopping, you still managed 11 rides. I'm glad it was magical!

Wow! That sounds like an awesome night... Worthwhile indeed! Despite going from one side of the park to the other twice, and stopping for drinks/bathroom/shopping, you still managed 11 rides. I'm glad it was magical!
Yeah, my plan was to start at one side and work our way around, but DD just couldn't wait to ride certain rides so we had to hike all the way over to the other side lol. It was fine though, we enjoyed being able to take in the atmosphere as we moved through the park (and she loved that she had to show her band to keep walking in to areas as they worked to clear the park, she said she felt like a VIP lol)

15 minutes for BTMR is pretty bad in my opinion. We've always had 5 minutes or less for that one during DAH and VAH
I rode it this same night and the only wait we had was for the next train to come to get on, the walk to get to the loading area was the longest part. I say that though and I realize that there was a pretty decent line that had formed when we got off the ride so we probably just had really good timing.

I rode it this same night and the only wait we had was for the next train to come to get on, the walk to get to the loading area was the longest part. I say that though and I realize that there was a pretty decent line that had formed when we got off the ride so we probably just had really good timing.
That’s kind of how these events usually go. It all depends on if you’re moving with the flow of people or against which you can’t really predict

I'm glad you had the magic touch with timing! ;) It totally depends on what time you hit things! We stopped doing rides around midnight, so I wonder if things got better later. We were SO tired by midnight so we enjoyed popcorn and people watching. Did you notice Maleficent seemed to do what she wanted that night? I don't think she ever followed the time guides! We bumped into her leaving Frontierland about 12:10 and she wasn't supposed to run again until 1:20! Not that I'm complaining - she was by far my favorite part of the night!

I'm glad you had the magic touch with timing! ;) It totally depends on what time you hit things! We stopped doing rides around midnight, so I wonder if things got better later. We were SO tired by midnight so we enjoyed popcorn and people watching. Did you notice Maleficent seemed to do what she wanted that night? I don't think she ever followed the time guides! We bumped into her leaving Frontierland about 12:10 and she wasn't supposed to run again until 1:20! Not that I'm complaining - she was by far my favorite part of the night!
For some reason I never got a times guide so I have no idea lol, we just wondered around doing our thing and came across her by happy accident. I think we did get really lucky with timing, as we did with much of our trip this time (except for the rain). It felt like things cleared out in a lot of the areas we were in around midnight and after, maybe just the right place at the right time. I'm not sure how I was still going at that point since I had been up for 22 hours, I probably should have been passed out on a bench somewhere lol

I'm excited for those attending, and also a bit jealous... Wish I was there! Have fun tonight everybody! I can't wait to read the reviews :maleficen

If you have DAH tickets linked into MDE but no resort stay, I'm assuming you can't make FP reservations until 30 days out, is that correct? Also, for DVC discounted tickets, do you have to stop at the will call booth to get in? I ordered tix from DVC member services and got a ticket number, how do I use that to actually get into the event?

TIA!

Reporting in from Columbia Harbour House. I took a Minnie Van from French Quarter because I was running late for my 7DMT FP and just barely made it. Am enjoying a Lighthouse Sandwich out of the rain until it’s dessert party time. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments from CMs on my Dr. Facilier costume! Here I was while I waited for my ride! Sorry for it being sideways.

Attachments

• DF5BBC26-9DB7-4E9D-9F59-CD1C4ED9A875.jpeg
    DF5BBC26-9DB7-4E9D-9F59-CD1C4ED9A875.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
If you have DAH tickets linked into MDE but no resort stay, I'm assuming you can't make FP reservations until 30 days out, is that correct? Also, for DVC discounted tickets, do you have to stop at the will call booth to get in? I ordered tix from DVC member services and got a ticket number, how do I use that to actually get into the event?

TIA!

You should be able to link your ticket number to your MDE. Then you should be all set to enter with a linked Magic Band. If you don't have a band (you can use old ones) then you will need to stop to get ticket media. At least, I think so, unless there is some special procedure for the DVC tickets.

Yup, you’re correct on this part.
You should be able to link your ticket number to your MDE. Then you should be all set to enter with a linked Magic Band. If you don't have a band (you can use old ones) then you will need to stop to get ticket media. At least, I think so, unless there is some special procedure for the DVC tickets.

Thank you both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter