**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

How far in advance are After Hours events posted? (DH would rather forego days in the park and just do After Hours events; after trying them, I agree wholeheartedly!)

For this last group it wasn't that very far in advance, I know for the one I booked I was already inside the 60 day range. It looks like the first page has quite a nice retrospective of dates you could consult if you wanted a better idea. I certainly would consider that approach if I had a short trip.

Last minute trip planner here: We are staying off-site. NO magic bands. Attending the Villains After Hours party on June 6 and have a single day park hopper ticket for June 10 (bought through MDE so it says "June 10" on the res) that we want to split between HS and EP. This morning was our 30 day FP+ for the June 6 party day. I was able to get in and make MK FP+ for 3 attractions, of which I timed them to be 6:30, 7:30, 8:30. Is this going to affect my FP+ for June 10? Would the system have allowed me to book them without a separately-linked park ticket for the day, or are those reservations linked to the party ticket now? Thanks:)

Last minute trip planner here: We are staying off-site. NO magic bands. Attending the Villains After Hours party on June 6 and have a single day park hopper ticket for June 10 (bought through MDE so it says "June 10" on the res) that we want to split between HS and EP. This morning was our 30 day FP+ for the June 6 party day. I was able to get in and make MK FP+ for 3 attractions, of which I timed them to be 6:30, 7:30, 8:30. Is this going to affect my FP+ for June 10? Would the system have allowed me to book them without a separately-linked park ticket for the day, or are those reservations linked to the party ticket now? Thanks:)

Just made my FP+ selections too for June 6! But that's the only day we are going so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

I did wanna ask if you were also surprised Mickey's PhilHarMagic was "sold out"?

Quick question this event still goes on rain or shine right? My evening forecast says PM thunderstorms 50%. TIA everyone

Quick question this event still goes on rain or shine right? My evening forecast says PM thunderstorms 50%. TIA everyone
Yeah it runs rain or shine. A 50% chance in Florida isn’t a big chance. It literally could rain for like 10 minutes and be done. We went to the HS dah in January and while we were standing in line to get in the forecast said 80% chance of storms. It ended up sprinkling for about 20 minutes and that was it. I wouldn’t be too worried if I were you.

Since they are adding villains stuff to the After Hours, anybody know if they are also planning to let in more people, or is the level of attendance expected to be the same as previous After Hours events?

Since they are adding villains stuff to the After Hours, anybody know if they are also planning to let in more people, or is the level of attendance expected to be the same as previous After Hours events?
I’m hoping for the same amt of tickets sold, worried it’s a lot more. Will settle for just some more instead of overselling

It is the million dollar question, isn’t it.

They already sell a lot of tickets to DAH. Hang out on Main Street at the end of the night and you realize just how many people are in fact in the park - and it also reminds you of just how good MK is at absorbing people.

I suspect if a good portion of the current guest count were to show up at the Hub to watch a show, most would say it would ‘feel’ relatively busy. Not packed, but plenty of people around.

I am so tempted to plan a quick trip just to witness that first night for myself.

It is the million dollar question, isn’t it.

They already sell a lot of tickets to DAH. Hang out on Main Street at the end of the night and you realize just how many people are in fact in the park - and it also reminds you of just how good MK is at absorbing people.

I suspect if a good portion of the current guest count were to show up at the Hub to watch a show, most would say it would ‘feel’ relatively busy. Not packed, but plenty of people around.

I am so tempted to plan a quick trip just to witness that first night for myself.

Do it!!! :maleficen

Not just because I’ll be there :cool2: but we need people who have attended both to give an educated opinion on whether or not it’s more crowded.

ETA: still some great AP rates out there too

I had tickets shipped for this hoping they would be villain themed for souvenirs, but alas, we got Minnie, Belle, and Epcot. I usually don't bother with tickets since they are linked to MDE.

I had tickets shipped for this hoping they would be villain themed for souvenirs, but alas, we got Minnie, Belle, and Epcot. I usually don't bother with tickets since they are linked to MDE.
Our tickets arrived and they were Tower of Terror and Star Tours. I thought maybe they would be villain themed as well.

Not only were my tickets generic, but I ordered 10 and got a bunch of duplicates.

Very possible. Usually you can make it work if you make your regular park FP first then the Special event FPs. YMMV

It's okay I'll go in your place. (I have the hotel room and the flight, just waiting on work approval to get the tickets... really hoping they don't sell out by then! :scared:)

I did too. Received two Mickeys, Elsa, Crush and Epcot.

Guys I'm really late but I went to AH on 5/2 and it was AMAZING. It was dead and everything including 7DMT and PPF was a complete walk-on.

I will preface my "ride list" by saying I think I was working with minor food poisoning from Pecos Bill so I was walking a LOT slower than normal and didn't want to stop for too much popcorn and ice cream...sadly!!
  • Arrived around 9:30pm
  • Peoplemover x2
  • Buzz x2
  • Peoplemover again
  • Buzz again (ride attendant said I could just stay on, but I was done by then)
  • Popcorn break (no wait)
  • 7DMT (no wait at all)
  • Carrousel x2
  • ??? I might have done Peter Pan's Flight but I don't have it written down
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Played some SOTMK
  • Ice cream bar break...toyed with doing Country Bears but the next showing was 12:30 and I knew I wanted to get some BTMRR rides in
  • Big Thunder x3 (one side running, attendants were letting people choose their own rows, and a few people were re-riding if no one was waiting for that row....I always got off/walked back through because I like the back row)
  • IASW at around 12:57am for the last ride
  • Slowly walked to Main Street, Kiss Goodnight playing. Emporium was still open and I shopped for a bit.
Leaving was a bit of a pain since they were grouping people by area. I was with two Riverside people and it took about 15 minutes of being on the (frigid) bus before we left MK.

I also couldn't tell you what was open food wise since I was a) 100% NOT hungry and b) I had Casey's the night before.

All in all this event was worth every penny. The crowd levels "felt" low and there was almost no one around Liberty Square/Frontierland when I was playing SOTMK, which I like.

I'd totally do this event again and hope I get a chance to!

I'll be anxious to find out if tonight is as dead as 5/2 was or if it seems busier. We're a week away from our MK after hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter