**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Can anyone tell me if we can just use a popcorn bucket for this event? I'm planning on buying one at MK that morning and wanted to bring it!
Bringing the popcorn bucket is a good idea! If we can't get popcorn in it, at least it's a great place to store it while riding.

Anyone know what time they hand out wristbands in the park? And they scan your tickets if you don't have magic bands? We have the credit card type tickets and I have FP booked on them so I know they will need to be scanned in order for my FP to work. My FP are 5:15, 6:15 and 7:20 Fantasmic. I know I may not get to use the 5:15 to 6:15 one if they aren't scanning the tickets that early.

Question about the ticketing for this:

I will be at WDW on a short solo trip from 3/2 - 3/5. I have two day park hoppers which I don’t plan on activating until 3/3. I have purchased a ticket to DHS after hours for 3/2 and received an email with a barcode. It is also showing up in my plans on MDE. My question is, if I enter DHS at 7:00 for the event, this won’t activate one of my park hopper tickets since it’s technically still regular park operating hours will it? I know you can use your magic band to enter but I was planning on using the barcode in my email for this reason as a precaution. Just wondering if I actually have anything to worry about though.

Anyone know what time they hand out wristbands in the park? And they scan your tickets if you don't have magic bands? We have the credit card type tickets and I have FP booked on them so I know they will need to be scanned in order for my FP to work. My FP are 5:15, 6:15 and 7:20 Fantasmic. I know I may not get to use the 5:15 to 6:15 one if they aren't scanning the tickets that early.
They won’t scan tickets until 7, or that’s how it’s been going anyway. You may have trouble getting your 6:15 fp done too if you’re wanting to get to fantasmic. And yes they can just scan your tickets if you don’t use your magic band. We’ve used the plastic cards to get in before too.

Question about the ticketing for this:

I will be at WDW on a short solo trip from 3/2 - 3/5. I have two day park hoppers which I don’t plan on activating until 3/3. I have purchased a ticket to DHS after hours for 3/2 and received an email with a barcode. It is also showing up in my plans on MDE. My question is, if I enter DHS at 7:00 for the event, this won’t activate one of my park hopper tickets since it’s technically still regular park operating hours will it? I know you can use your magic band to enter but I was planning on using the barcode in my email for this reason as a precaution. Just wondering if I actually have anything to worry about though.
Just make sure you go through the entrance that says event entrance and you’ll be fine. You can use your magic bands or the barcode, either one will work.

I really hope they keep the fresh popcorn at the AK after hours event. I love their popcorn, but after awhile it's just :crazy2:. I guess if we decide on the HS event we will just have to skip the popcorn and have extra mickey bars!:mickeybar
When we went both AK and HS only had pre boxed popcorn that they could just hand people. Made the lines run faster. Unlike MK all snacks and drinks were at all available spots.

Trying to decide whether to do the Starwar's dessert party for fireworks the night of after hours or another night. We will be going back to HS for one night just to do either Fantasmic or the dessert party. Which one do you think is better to do the night of the AHs and why? Thanks!

I just want to mention briefly that relying on Disney to scan the correct entitlement off my magic band is something I will not be doing. My plan is to present the paper barcode along with whatever else they want (I.D., etc). My experience with Disney I.T. matters is that what "should" happen often bears little resemblance to what does happen. :crutches:

I just want to mention briefly that relying on Disney to scan the correct entitlement off my magic band is something I will not be doing. My plan is to present the paper barcode along with whatever else they want (I.D., etc). My experience with Disney I.T. matters is that what "should" happen often bears little resemblance to what does happen. :crutches:

Good idea! I hadn't really thought about it until I read these posts. I've only done this event one other time and I had park hopper tickets for that day, so it wasn't an issue, but this trip we won't start using our regular tickets until the following day, so I will definitely print out the email/barcode!

Trying to decide whether to do the Starwar's dessert party for fireworks the night of after hours or another night. We will be going back to HS for one night just to do either Fantasmic or the dessert party. Which one do you think is better to do the night of the AHs and why? Thanks!

What time does your DAH start in relationship to Fantasmic/Star Wars? We have an 8:30 start with an 8pm park close, so we opted to do Fantasmic which starts at 8pm then we will go straight to ToT and RNRR to begin DAH, perhaps stopping for an ice cream treat on the way. That should have given time for the standby lines to have died down a bit. When we have enjoyed those rides a few time we will make our way over to TSL.
I would also consider the effects of eating at the party with how many free snacks/beverages I will consume during DAH.

Last edited:
What time does your DAH start in relationship to Fantasmic/Star Wars? We have an 8:30 start with an 8pm park close, so we opted to do Fantasmic which starts at 8pm then we will go straight to ToT and RNRR to begin DAH, perhaps stopping for an ice cream treat on the way. That should have given time for the standby lines to have died down a bit. When we have enjoyed those rides a few time we will make our way over to TSL.
I would also consider the effects of eating at the party with how many free snacks/beverages I will will consume during DAH.

Good point about the eating! I had not even considered that. The party times we have are the same as yours. I was also thinking doing TSL at the end of the evening would be a better idea too. Thanks for your suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts