**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So we just got back from DAH/HS 12/22. We arrived at Beach Club to check in around 3:00. After we got settled we headed to HS around 5:00. We had an ADR at 6:40 at H&V so park entry was super easy with no crowds. But once we got inside it was slammed! I grabbed a FP for ST and we rode it before we ate dinner. We finished up dinner around 8:00 and they were doing the projections on the Chinese Theater. We grabbed a good spot to watch then dinner hit me hard and I had to do the penguin waddle to the men’s room! I went to the one on the way to TSL. After that we headed into TSL as the fireworks for JBJJ were ending. We did TSM first. Total walk on. Then SDD. Posted 30 min wait. Timed it at 14 minutes. We got right back in line, 12 minutes. Second round hit me so off to the TSL bathrooms I went. My wife and girls rode AS2 and when I came out, my wife headed to the bathroom so I rode AS2 with the girls. We then got back in line for SDD again. Short wait again. After that my wife and little one did TSM while me and my 7 yo headed to RnR. We rode it 4 times back to back total walk on. Headed to ToT and rode 4 times again walk on. We even picked our seats twice. After that, back to TSL. Got there right around 11:00. Rode SDD 3 times 5 minute wait each time. We could have gone once more as there were people going in as we passed but we were tired and cold. I wore shorts like a dummy. I am so glad we did this event. Totally worth the money.

Had to edit. My wife reminded me about doing SDD after AS2 so I added that.

Last edited:
I’m still here. :-). SDD has become nearly walk on. Last ride was 3 mins enter to board. This one will be about the same.

Then I promised my wife some popcorn so this is it for me.

A fun night for sure. And very worthwhile. I highly recommend.

Edit. No line at all for woody. Same for buzz.
We had to be in line together near the end. I was the idiot with a jacket and shorts lol. It was just me and my 7yo daughter.

We were there in the end. I was wearing a crochetes minnie hat. My brother had a Thor knitted hat and captain america jacket.

So we just got back from DAH/HS 12/22. We arrived at Beach Club to check in around 3:00. After we got settled we headed to HS around 5:00. We had an ADR at 6:40 at H&V so park entry was super easy with no crowds. But once we got inside it was slammed! I grabbed a FP for ST and we rode it before we ate dinner. We finished up dinner around 8:00 and they were doing the projections on the Chinese Theater. We grabbed a good spot to watch then dinner hit me hard and I had to do the penguin waddle to the men’s room! I went to the one on the way to TSL. After that we headed into TSL as the fireworks for JBJJ were ending. We did TSM first. Total walk on. Then SDD. Posted 30 min wait. Timed it at 14 minutes. We got right back in line, 12 minutes. Second round hit me so off to the TSL bathrooms I went. My wife and girls rode AS2 and when I came out, my wife headed to the bathroom so I rode AS2 with the girls. We then got back in line for SDD again. Short wait again. After that my wife and little one did TSM while me and my 7 yo headed to RnR. We rode it 4 times back to back total walk on. Headed to ToT and rode 4 times again walk on. We even picked our seats twice. After that, back to TSL. Got there right around 11:00. Rode SDD 3 times 5 minute wait each time. We could have gone once more as there were people going in as we passed but we were tired and cold. I wore shorts like a dummy. I am so glad we did this event. Totally worth the money.

Had to edit. My wife reminded me about doing SDD after AS2 so I added that.
You’ve sold me on the event and confirmed that I definitely don’t need to do H&V :P

Dec 22 was a success for us.
As2 x 1
SDD x 3
TSM x 3
ST x 1
RNR x 3
TOT x 3

2 stops for snacks and some restroom breaks. We probably could of fit two more quick rides on anywhere but my crew was tired. We really didn’t rush either.

Thread Update

Post #10 has been updated with DISer review post links. Many thanks to:

@anomamatt
@fizbobunny
@Jimmy Mouse
@llane
@MjrDucky
@rn448698
@MoreThanThis
@switch15foot
@HoboDan2012
@bcactus
@pangyal
@mixmastertoy
@Conno

for stopping by with their experiences and thoughts. Everyone's reports are so incredibly helpful in building a more complete 'body of work' for the details/nuances of this event as many of us try to determine the 'worth it' factor for our individual touring styles.

Thanks again!

:thanks:

Thread Update

Post #10 has been updated with DISer review post links. Many thanks to:

@anomamatt
@fizbobunny
@Jimmy Mouse
@llane
@MjrDucky
@rn448698
@MoreThanThis
@switch15foot
@HoboDan2012
@bcactus
@pangyal
@mixmastertoy
@Conno

for stopping by with their experiences and thoughts. Everyone's reports are so incredibly helpful in building a more complete 'body of work' for the details/nuances of this event as many of us try to determine the 'worth it' factor for our individual touring styles.

Thanks again!

:thanks:
I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work creating, updating and maintaining these threads.

Have an awesome Christmas if that’s what you celebrate. Or enjoy the holiday time if you don’t :)

We did after hours at HS on Sat. Dec 22nd. We started right at 8:00 with SDD because we had just had a TSMM FP and I didn't feel like walking all the way over to RNR at that point. The posted wait time at 8:00 was 30 mins. Wound up being about 15.We rode two more times then did TSMM walk on twice. About 10 after 9 we headed to TOT. Stopped just outside of TSL and got popcorn and water. Line was long but moved very fast. We spent the next two hours on TOT and RNR. We left the park around 11:00 because we were tired and cold. The only other cart we saw was outside the bathrooms at TOT. Our ride summary:

SDD - 3
TSM - 2
RNR - 4
TOT - 7 (my daughters new favorite).
After 8:30 all were walk on for us except SDD, which was at most 10 mins the 2nd two times..
We had one box of popcorn, one Mickey Bar, 2 Diet Cokes and 4 waters

I would not hesitate to do this again. I hope they offer it our next trip. This was our first time riding SDD at night. Loved it! We had some adult ladies behind us twice that giggled the whole ride. It was so fun.

@GADisneyDad14
Sooooooo, opinion please. Money and food notwithstanding.
Having done both HS EMM and HS DAH, which would YOU say is better "bang for the buck"? I know that's a loaded question, however we have the opportunity to do either/or on our trip. We already have EMM tickets, but could conceivably switch them out. Our party consists of 4 adults and a 4 y/o. We would be bringing 4 y/o with us. IF we switch, we probably would do SW dessert party for fireworks that night. Or do they have special FP seating such as they have for RoL in AK?
TIA!

We started our day by parking at DHS. Then we walked over to epcot. After usinng our third fp around 4pm, I was able to snag a fourth fp for fantasmic. We had an early dinner at Nine Dragons, then headed over to DHS through the international gateway.
We arrived a little after 7 and went right through the special entrance. We grabbed a locker for our extra jackets we brought just in case it got colder. Seated at Fantasmic a little after 7:30pm. We were in maleficent section. After F! was over I was excited and wanted to head straight to Toy Story Land, but my brother and husband reminded me to stick to the plan. So we headed to RNRC. We walked right on. CMs checked wristbands at courtyard entrance and at ride entrance. Then we headed to TOT, skipped preshow and walked right on. We headed over to Toy Story land. First food cart had a line, this is at end of sunset blvd by bathrooms closest to TOT, so we skipped it. Cart behind the times board had no line so we each got a mickey bar and water. We headed to Toy Story land and hopped on TSMM. We had a five minute wait. We went through regular queue with stairs. We got off and headed to SDD. Posted wait was 25 minutes but actual time from entering line to being on ride was 12 min. Next up was AlienSS. Walk on. My brother was really surprised by how awesome this ride was. He thought it just went in circles and was pleasantly surprised by how clever it is. Then we went back on slinky dog. Im not sure what posted wait was but we waited about 7 minutes. Then we headed to Star Tours. Food cart right outside TSL had a line, so we skippednit. Food kiosk up stairs on the way to ST had no line and super fresh popcorn which we munched on the way to ST. We also got more bottles of water. ST was a walk on. We had our own row so sat right in the middle. Hopped off of that and went around past where Jedi sign up is on way back to TSL. Food cart there had about three people in line but moved fast. My brother and I got Mickey ice cream sandwich. My hubby got the strawberry bar. This cart had the version that is not sugar free. Cart by wait board only had version with splenda. We all got more bottles of water. Back at TSL we walked on TSMM, this time we entered queue a different way were we skipped the stairs. My brother whooped us again. Then back to slinky dog. 3 min wait. Back over to alien saucers. I think we rode twice in a row each in our own car. We did have to get off and go back around to get back on. Then we rode slinky dog two times in a row which is how many we could squeeze in before 11:30am.

Overall it was a fantastic night. I loved the excitement in the air. Everyone I saw was having a blast and all smiles, which I think added to the atmosphere. I really like Slinky Dog and Im glad I got to ride so many times for my first ever visit to Toy Story land.

I would do this again in a heartbeat. Worth every penny.

We started our day by parking at DHS. Then we walked over to epcot. After usinng our third fp around 4pm, I was able to snag a fourth fp for fantasmic. We had an early dinner at Nine Dragons, then headed over to DHS through the international gateway.
We arrived a little after 7 and went right through the special entrance. We grabbed a locker for our extra jackets we brought just in case it got colder. Seated at Fantasmic a little after 7:30pm. We were in maleficent section. After F! was over I was excited and wanted to head straight to Toy Story Land, but my brother and husband reminded me to stick to the plan. So we headed to RNRC. We walked right on. CMs checked wristbands at courtyard entrance and at ride entrance. Then we headed to TOT, skipped preshow and walked right on. We headed over to Toy Story land. First food cart had a line, this is at end of sunset blvd by bathrooms closest to TOT, so we skipped it. Cart behind the times board had no line so we each got a mickey bar and water. We headed to Toy Story land and hopped on TSMM. We had a five minute wait. We went through regular queue with stairs. We got off and headed to SDD. Posted wait was 25 minutes but actual time from entering line to being on ride was 12 min. Next up was AlienSS. Walk on. My brother was really surprised by how awesome this ride was. He thought it just went in circles and was pleasantly surprised by how clever it is. Then we went back on slinky dog. Im not sure what posted wait was but we waited about 7 minutes. Then we headed to Star Tours. Food cart right outside TSL had a line, so we skippednit. Food kiosk up stairs on the way to ST had no line and super fresh popcorn which we munched on the way to ST. We also got more bottles of water. ST was a walk on. We had our own row so sat right in the middle. Hopped off of that and went around past where Jedi sign up is on way back to TSL. Food cart there had about three people in line but moved fast. My brother and I got Mickey ice cream sandwich. My hubby got the strawberry bar. This cart had the version that is not sugar free. Cart by wait board only had version with splenda. We all got more bottles of water. Back at TSL we walked on TSMM, this time we entered queue a different way were we skipped the stairs. My brother whooped us again. Then back to slinky dog. 3 min wait. Back over to alien saucers. I think we rode twice in a row each in our own car. We did have to get off and go back around to get back on. Then we rode slinky dog two times in a row which is how many we could squeeze in before 11:30am.

Overall it was a fantastic night. I loved the excitement in the air. Everyone I saw was having a blast and all smiles, which I think added to the atmosphere. I really like Slinky Dog and Im glad I got to ride so many times for my first ever visit to Toy Story land.

I would do this again in a heartbeat. Worth every penny.

Thanks for sharing. This is similar to my plan of attack, but we'll be watching SWGS instead of Fantasmic! Skipping RnR since I got sick on it last time. Could have been a fluke but don't want to chance it LOL.

With entry time officially being 7 and parks closing at 8, does that mean these tickets won't be valid for making fastpasses? I'm pretty sure people with MK DAH have been able to make fastpasses at 6, 7, and 8 leading up to the party (or something like that).
Any further insight to this question?

I added my DAH passes for 1/12 into the app and am able to book Fastpasses for anytime during the day even though I don't have any way to enter the park until evening. The only one I'm probably going to use is Fantasmic but it let me just create one for 1:30 for a ride as well (I've since canceled it).

I added my DAH passes for 1/12 into the app and am able to book Fastpasses for anytime during the day even though I don't have any way to enter the park until evening. The only one I'm probably going to use is Fantasmic but it let me just create one for 1:30 for a ride as well (I've since canceled it).
That is cool! Mine is for March 30th so I cannot see that far yet. I am staying on property so will book my 4 day park hopper fast passes at the 60 day mark. So will the additional DAH fast passes show up at 30 days or 60 days? We had planned on trying for additional fast passes after we use or first 3 fast passes at MK in the AM. So will be not be able to try for additional fast passes if we have a 7pm fast pass booked at DHS? Kinda complicated since we have 2 tickets for 1 day...

That is cool! Mine is for March 30th so I cannot see that far yet. I am staying on property so will book my 4 day park hopper fast passes at the 60 day mark. So will the additional DAH fast passes show up at 30 days or 60 days? We had planned on trying for additional fast passes after we use or first 3 fast passes at MK in the AM. So will be not be able to try for additional fast passes if we have a 7pm fast pass booked at DHS? Kinda complicated since we have 2 tickets for 1 day...
You will be able to book them at 60 days out with your other fps. If you are doing mk first you'll have to use those 3 before you can get more fps at hs. You can't have more than 3 fps on one day

You will be able to book them at 60 days out with your other fps. If you are doing mk first you'll have to use those 3 before you can get more fps at hs. You can't have more than 3 fps on one day
So really I won’t be getting extra fast passes since I will already have 3 fast passes with my regular ticket at Magic Kingdom earlier in the AM....I won’t possible get another 3 in my bank available to be booked at DHS after we are done at MK? Just 1 at a time, correct?

So really I won’t be getting extra fast passes since I will already have 3 fast passes with my regular ticket at Magic Kingdom earlier in the AM....I won’t possible get another 3 in my bank available to be booked at DHS after we are done at MK? Just 1 at a time, correct?

This is correct, you can’t have more than 3 FPs booked to any one MDE account/profile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter