**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Anyone here tonight know the closest free snack cart to RnRC?

RnRC pretty walk on. Was a bit of a delay, something or other but I’m hearing secondhand from tweens, so... (can’t ride, gives me headache).

Last post. We went on TSM with a bit of a wait, not too bad. We got to SDD at 10:30 with a posted 25 min wait, actual was 20. We finished the night with a walk on AS2. I’m exhausted so we left.

In all: we got there at 7:30 and rode Star Tours, got a bite at Baseline and slowly made our way to ToT. After a failed attempt to watch Fantasmic, we started rides at 8:45. Did ToT x 3, RnRC x 3, 10 minutes for snacks, then once each TSM, SDD, and AS2. On a bus at 11:15.

There was a snack cart in TSL, with water, sprite and one other drink, can’t recall. Plus Mickey bars and sandwiches. No popcorn.

I've learnt something new. There are times after hours that require us to pay even more money to go on rides in spite of being in a Disney on site hotel and in spite of having the already expensive park tickets - and these are not considered to be extra magic hours.

I had no idea there was such a thing. We were at Holywood Studios yesterday and were stopped when we tried to join the Aerosmith queue around 8:45pm. Luckily we'd done that ride twice before but its my daughter's favourite ride... And these tickets are not cheap at all. Can these events be bought with gift cards?

I think this could potentially be good value if I live off site and I don't have a regular park ticket. One may be able to go on the most popular rides a lot more times than during regular opening hours but for those of us already paying an arm and a leg to Disney, it feels like a raw deal.

Disney is big business!

Anyway, so my question is, can the ticketing event be bought with a Disney gift card?

I've learnt something new. There are times after hours that require us to pay even more money to go on rides in spite of being in a Disney on site hotel and in spite of having the already expensive park tickets - and these are not considered to be extra magic hours.

I had no idea there was such a thing. We were at Holywood Studios yesterday and were stopped when we tried to join the Aerosmith queue around 8:45pm. Luckily we'd done that ride twice before but its my daughter's favourite ride... And these tickets are not cheap at all. Can these events be bought with gift cards?

I think this could potentially be good value if I live off site and I don't have a regular park ticket. One may be able to go on the most popular rides a lot more times than during regular opening hours but for those of us already paying an arm and a leg to Disney, it feels like a raw deal.

Disney is big business!

Anyway, so my question is, can the ticketing event be bought with a Disney gift card?
Yes, you absolutely can use a Disney gift card to purchase tickets to after hours events.

So I have a AH ticket but my family does not. They have annual passes. If they get in the park before the event starts will they be asked to leave if they choose to just hang out and walk around? They are not major thrill ride fans, so they are likley just going to be taking in the sights and sounds. Perhaps do some shopping.

So I have a AH ticket but my family does not. They have annual passes. If they get in the park before the event starts will they be asked to leave if they choose to just hang out and walk around? They are not major thrill ride fans, so they are likley just going to be taking in the sights and sounds. Perhaps do some shopping.

Being an AP holder is irrelevant. You have to pay for the event to attend it.

We had a great time last night! They let us in at 6:35 and we had dinner on sunset blvd and did launch bay.

During the event we rode ToT x 3, RnR x 2, and each rode Star Tours, TSM, and SDD once. SDD was about a 20 minute wait. If your piority is to ride SDD a bunch of times, I would suggest the extra morning magic (whatever it’s called??) instead. We were able to ride SDD 6 or 7 times in an hour and a half.

I really liked the vibe on sunset blvd. We stuffed ourselves with ice cream and chilled. Took some waters and popcorn to go. We finished out around 1135. We could have rode ToT and RnR plenty more, but to be honest we were a bit dizzy from riding all of these rides back to back in such a short period of time.

They did not usher day guests out when we attended last month. Plenty of people were hanging out, taking pictures and slowly making their way out. It wasn’t a big deal.

We went to last nights event. We spent the day at Epcot and took the Friendship boats over around 5. We pulled a TSMM fastpast for that evening so we went and rode that, then rode Star Tours with another Fast Pass and met Olaf. Headed to dinner at 6:50 at Mama Melrose’s and was done at 8:20. Got in line for Aliens right at 8:28 and one side was done. The posted 5 minute wait took 15. Went over to Slinky Dog at 8:52 and was on it before 9. Got back in line again at 9:02 and it took about 10 minutes to ride. Decided against doing it again because they opened more lanes in the cue so we knew the wait would be longer. Did TSMM 3x, walk on each time. Went back to check our Aliens again, both sides were working so we hopped on and did it 2x. Went back to Slinky Dog where the posted wait was now 25 minutes. On our way to slinky dog we heard a lot of frustrated parents who told their kids what a waste it would be to wait the 25 minutes. We chanced it — the line was moving super fast, and rode it with a 12 minute wait and then again with a 15. With that being our 4th ride on Slinky we decided to head over to the rest of the park to do some other stuff. As we walked past TSMM it was posted a 25 minute wait. The line for woody and Jessie was easily 10 families deep too. Buzz had 2 families in line.

We hit Star Tours as a walk on and ToT 2x, grabbed some waters and Mickey bars on our way out around 11:15. Would have stayed longer but no one wanted another go at anything in TSL, and your daughter isn’t a fan of ToT or RnR. I felt like we got a lot done and didn’t wait too long for anything.

This event definitely felt way more crowded than the 4/11 Mk event. Less places to spread out and everyone going to the same area makes it feel like there are a ton of people there. The posted 25 minute wait time didn’t phase me, Mine Train was also posted the same and also was well under that. There was a snack car at TSL and the line was always long—but they did leave everything out for you to just take.

We saw a few people asked to leave and walked out as they didn’t have wrist bands so they were definitely checking. There here was a prom there too, which our daughter just thought was the best thing ever. As we were leaving we saw so many kids taking photos on Hollywood Blvd all dressed up. It was fun to see. I believe they were all over at the Indy stage show, we noticed them whole the park was open.

Not sure I would do this event again, I do think there was value in it, we replaced our Hollywood studios park day with this and ride everything we wanted to as much as we wanted, but overall it was more crowded than expected and we were done 2 hours in to the event.

They did not usher day guests out when we attended last month. Plenty of people were hanging out, taking pictures and slowly making their way out. It wasn’t a big deal.

The key is, they were making their way out. No one takes them by the hand and walks them out if they’re already headed out. Yes, you can leisurely stroll out, takepics on your way, but you do have to leave. It’s not like EMH’s where non event goers can stay and shop. If it’s clear you’re trying to stay, they will politely tell you to go. they are t going to get to stay the entire event. People pay a lot of money to attend these things. They don’t want people staying who are doing it for free.

The key is, they were making their way out. No one takes them by the hand and walks them out if they’re already headed out. Yes, you can leisurely stroll out, takepics on your way, but you do have to leave. It’s not like EMH’s where non event goers can stay and shop. If it’s clear you’re trying to stay, they will politely tell you to go. they are t going to get to stay the entire event. People pay a lot of money to attend these things. They don’t want people staying who are doing it for free.

They didn't let anyone into TSL without a wristband, but there were a few families hanging on Sunset and they were not led out or told anything. It was just my experience that night. One lady tried to get snacks at the snack cart and they asked for a wristband, but they didn't tell her the park was closed or anything. We left at 11pm and we saw quite a few people without wristbands hanging out.

56749085_2371673662844160_6330158328261378048_n.jpg
Days until our October WDW trip! :daisy: pluto: 14 Days to ADRs! :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!