**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Will the TOT refurbishment affect DAH?

EDIT: I typed this question in a hurry because I was rushing trying to get out the door for work but I realized it is severely lacking substance. To clarify, I'm asking because I've seen where TOT is to be undergoing refurbishment but I haven't heard any start date other than "this spring". I'm going 3/9 so I was wondering if anyone has any specific information about starting dates or whether or not the ride is running at full capacity during DAH.

Last edited:
So we go to this event on 3/2 and I have yet to come up with a strategy. Here's what I am thinking:

We arrive at 5ish thanks to having APs, so we can meet Mike and Sulley and go to Baseline.

Thinking about doing Fantasmic! since it's been years. Husband will then go to ToT and RnR while my daughter and I head to meet Mickey, Minnie and Olaf. Then we will meet up for Star Tours and Launch Bay.

I'm just not sure what to do after that or how long it will take. I want to get snacks and watch Movie Magic, take some pictures, etc.

What time should we plan to head to TSL? We obviously want to finish there. I'm thinking maybe 10ish? Hoping to ride Slinky at least 3 times.

Anyone have any thoughts? I've read every review on this thread and this seems like a decent plan.

Delayed review from this past Saturday (Feb 16). Thanks to all who posted before me on their experiences as it helped a ton in our planning.

Got to the park a little after 7. Three or four groups in front of us to check in and get wristbands but it was very quick. Went to the 7:30 Frozen show (was about 2/3 full). That ended right at 8. Did Star Tours just after 8. They were checking wrist bands and they turned away two groups before us (I was happy to see this). Went into a couple stores right after that looking for a specific hoodie (didn't find it). Then did Olaf (no wait) and Minnie/Mickey (one family in front of us but virtually no wait). Our plan was to then head to ToT and RnR...which we did...but...we ended up walking over there at the worst possible time (around 8:45)...Star Wars fireworks had just ended and Fantasmic crowd also leaving. So, advice on that...don't walk over there at that time.

Got to ToT just before 9. Did it twice in row. First time had pre show...second did not. Then once on RnR (no pre-show but it was running on a loop). Probably 5-10 min wait. It was around 9:30 at this point. Got popcorn, mickey bar, and water at the cart close to ToT on Sunset. We had "planned" to not go over to Toy Story land until after 10 but decided to head over. Photopass person was on Hollywood Blvd so we stopped for that on the way.

SDD was listed as 25 min so we did TSM instead (said 10 min). Well, one of the tracks must have been down because line was very slow and I'd say it was probably 20-25 min total after we got in line to being done. Not ideal. SDD was still 25 (and looked it) so we did Alien Saucers (no wait). SDD still busy so we left the land. Stopped at Photopass at beginning of Toy Story Land (no one in line).

Launch Bay was a ghost town. Met Chewy, Kylo, and BB8 with NO ONE ELSE around. Only saw one other couple the entire time there. Done there around 10:20.

Did ToT 2 more times (it's our favorite ride), got some more popcorn, water, ice cream and headed back to Toy Story to end the night.

Got to Toy Story Land a little before 11. Able to ride SDD 3x from then to the end of the night. Each time had less and less of a wait. I'd say first time was like 10 min. then 5...then less than 2. Was after 11:30 when our last ride was done. Snack cart in Toy Story land was closed BUT...on our way out, the place giving out snacks at the corner of Sunset and Hollywood was handing out everything they had left. They were out of popcorn (and maybe regular coke) but had tons of other stuff so we got a couple waters and ice creams. This was around 11:40.

Stayed at Boardwalk so we walked "home". Enjoyed leaving the park with virtually no one else around. All in all....during the party:

ToT 4x
SDD 3x
RnR, TSM, Alien Saucers, Star Tours
Met Olaf, Minnie, Mickey, Chewy, Kylo, BB8

Three snack stops (could have done more but that was plenty).

Only thing we didn't do that we wanted to was meet Woody and Jesse. Each time we walked by there were 8-10 groups (most with kids) in line. Having met them the last time we went, we know how slow that line can be (plus...to be honest...the pics at night don't come out that well).

Would definitely recommend this to anyone who can afford it.

Will the TOT refurbishment affect DAH?

EDIT: I typed this question in a hurry because I was rushing trying to get out the door for work but I realized it is severely lacking substance. To clarify, I'm asking because I've seen where TOT is to be undergoing refurbishment but I haven't heard any start date other than "this spring". I'm going 3/9 so I was wondering if anyone has any specific information about starting dates or whether or not the ride is running at full capacity during DAH.

I'll be there the same night. In hoping when they say spring they really mean spring which starts the March 20th.

Also, I read that FP for TOT would be limited and I didn't have much trouble making one for it so I hope that's an indication it will not affect TOT during my trip.

I'll be there the same night. In hoping when they say spring they really mean spring which starts the March 20th.

Also, I read that FP for TOT would be limited and I didn't have much trouble making one for it so I hope that's an indication it will not affect TOT during my trip.

I think we’ll be ok. There seems to be plenty of FP availability two weeks out so I think the refurb will begin after the 9th. Also, the first official day of Spring is March 20 so hopefully that means that is the earliest they would start the refurb.

Delayed review from this past Saturday (Feb 16). Thanks to all who posted before me on their experiences as it helped a ton in our planning.

Got to the park a little after 7. Three or four groups in front of us to check in and get wristbands but it was very quick. Went to the 7:30 Frozen show (was about 2/3 full). That ended right at 8. Did Star Tours just after 8. They were checking wrist bands and they turned away two groups before us (I was happy to see this). Went into a couple stores right after that looking for a specific hoodie (didn't find it). Then did Olaf (no wait) and Minnie/Mickey (one family in front of us but virtually no wait). Our plan was to then head to ToT and RnR...which we did...but...we ended up walking over there at the worst possible time (around 8:45)...Star Wars fireworks had just ended and Fantasmic crowd also leaving. So, advice on that...don't walk over there at that time.

Got to ToT just before 9. Did it twice in row. First time had pre show...second did not. Then once on RnR (no pre-show but it was running on a loop). Probably 5-10 min wait. It was around 9:30 at this point. Got popcorn, mickey bar, and water at the cart close to ToT on Sunset. We had "planned" to not go over to Toy Story land until after 10 but decided to head over. Photopass person was on Hollywood Blvd so we stopped for that on the way.

SDD was listed as 25 min so we did TSM instead (said 10 min). Well, one of the tracks must have been down because line was very slow and I'd say it was probably 20-25 min total after we got in line to being done. Not ideal. SDD was still 25 (and looked it) so we did Alien Saucers (no wait). SDD still busy so we left the land. Stopped at Photopass at beginning of Toy Story Land (no one in line).

Launch Bay was a ghost town. Met Chewy, Kylo, and BB8 with NO ONE ELSE around. Only saw one other couple the entire time there. Done there around 10:20.

Did ToT 2 more times (it's our favorite ride), got some more popcorn, water, ice cream and headed back to Toy Story to end the night.

Got to Toy Story Land a little before 11. Able to ride SDD 3x from then to the end of the night. Each time had less and less of a wait. I'd say first time was like 10 min. then 5...then less than 2. Was after 11:30 when our last ride was done. Snack cart in Toy Story land was closed BUT...on our way out, the place giving out snacks at the corner of Sunset and Hollywood was handing out everything they had left. They were out of popcorn (and maybe regular coke) but had tons of other stuff so we got a couple waters and ice creams. This was around 11:40.

Stayed at Boardwalk so we walked "home". Enjoyed leaving the park with virtually no one else around. All in all....during the party:

ToT 4x
SDD 3x
RnR, TSM, Alien Saucers, Star Tours
Met Olaf, Minnie, Mickey, Chewy, Kylo, BB8

Three snack stops (could have done more but that was plenty).

Only thing we didn't do that we wanted to was meet Woody and Jesse. Each time we walked by there were 8-10 groups (most with kids) in line. Having met them the last time we went, we know how slow that line can be (plus...to be honest...the pics at night don't come out that well).

Would definitely recommend this to anyone who can afford it.

Thank you so much for posting your review. We are looking forward to our first DAH at DHS in April and this helps me a lot with our planning!!

I know it is anyones guess but is it likely that dates get extended into May? We are deciding between doing this or a one day park ticket. Our 60 day mark will becoming up soon.

I know it is anyones guess but is it likely that dates get extended into May? We are deciding between doing this or a one day park ticket. Our 60 day mark will becoming up soon.
No one on here really knows until Disney releases new dates. There hasn’t been any pattern with when they’ve had dah because they keep surprising us.

I found an online ticket broker that has these tickets at a discount. I thought that the only way to get a discount was having an AP or DVC?

I found an online ticket broker that has these tickets at a discount. I thought that the only way to get a discount was having an AP or DVC?
I haven’t seen anyone being able to buy discounted tickets except through Disney. I would be really hesitant to buy those tickets

I haven’t seen anyone being able to buy discounted tickets except through Disney. I would be really hesitant to buy those tickets

I have seen discounted tickets through Tickets At Work, but that's the only place I think. Where are you seeing them?

If you have purchased after hours tickets for this event, do you just scan your magic band? How does it know your not just using one of your regular days?

Do you tell someone at the gate?

Never done this so I have no idea how it works.

TY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter