Disney After Hours for 2018?

How would you know how early the DAH ticket would gain you entry?

I just bought my ticket online and it says for that date the event is 8 pm-11 pm. It says official check-in is at the main entrance to MK beginning at 7. That lines up with what I read previously. That if you're attending that event, they let you in 1 hour prior to the start, so you actually get 4 hours total.

Do you need a park ticket in addition to the event ticket? I just bought the DAH ticket for our day we don't have a park ticket because the event sounds wonderful.

Do you need a park ticket in addition to the event ticket? I just bought the DAH ticket for our day we don't have a park ticket because the event sounds wonderful.

No. It is a separate hard ticket event. So you don't need a ticket for that day unless you are going to the park earlier in the day. I purposely left off a day from my tickets in the hopes this would be available during my trip. It pretty much balances out the price of adding an extra day. It may only be 3 (4) hours, but the perks of having so few people in the park is worth the extra on top of the park ticket price for that day IMO.

I can't remember how we found out. It's at least 2 hrs before closing. I seem to recall folks saying they got in as early as 4 pm, but I could be wrong. We couldn't get there until 7 anyhow due to an ADR.

I can't remember how we found out. It's at least 2 hrs before closing. I seem to recall folks saying they got in as early as 4 pm, but I could be wrong. We couldn't get there until 7 anyhow due to an ADR.

I know from my ticket info I just printed from the purchase it says 7. And park closing that day is 8pm. I figure I'll try to get there for 6:30 anyway.

I know from my ticket info I just printed from the purchase it says 7. And park closing that day is 8pm. I figure I'll try to get there for 6:30 anyway.

Interesting. I'll have to look at my lanyard when I get home this evening. I'm thinking it only has the hours of the actual event. Can't recall what the ticket info from the purchase said. Unless you bought tickets to the first event of 2018, you will be able to hear how it is working for others as far as entrance times. I think that is how we found out.

Hope you have a blast, really don't think you will regret it!

I just bought my ticket online and it says for that date the event is 8 pm-11 pm. It says official check-in is at the main entrance to MK beginning at 7. That lines up with what I read previously. That if you're attending that event, they let you in 1 hour prior to the start, so you actually get 4 hours total.

I missed this post....so the actual ticket does have the hours of the event. That is what I remember. Hopefully they will let you on in at 6:30.

Does anyone think this will book quickly? I'm actually headed to Disney on Sat. and plan to get an AP. I wouldn't be booking a winter trip for this until Oct/Nov. Dates would be flexible but trying to go the cheapest time based on rooms and airfare. Thanks!

So the Disney site says that the event hours are from 9-12 on 3/8. Yet the official park hours are listed as MK closing at 8. Does that mean they're going to alter (or haven't updated) the park hours?

Does anyone think this will book quickly? I'm actually headed to Disney on Sat. and plan to get an AP. I wouldn't be booking a winter trip for this until Oct/Nov. Dates would be flexible but trying to go the cheapest time based on rooms and airfare. Thanks!

We bought our 3/2/17 tickets in late January last year. About 5-6 weeks out. Based on previous DAH's, I think you would be fine to wait until Oct/Nov.

So the Disney site says that the event hours are from 9-12 on 3/8. Yet the official park hours are listed as MK closing at 8. Does that mean they're going to alter (or haven't updated) the park hours?

I would guess the park hours get altered to 9 pm.

Interesting. I'll have to look at my lanyard when I get home this evening. I'm thinking it only has the hours of the actual event. Can't recall what the ticket info from the purchase said. Unless you bought tickets to the first event of 2018, you will be able to hear how it is working for others as far as entrance times. I think that is how we found out.

Hope you have a blast, really don't think you will regret it!

LOL of course I'm booked for the first. My trip is 16-20. Just a short getaway. I'm trilled to do this just because I know it will help me make the most out of my trip to get on rides.

I've heard it rarely sells out, so you should be fine.

They don't close the park early for this even the way they do for Halloween or Christmas Parties so my guess would be what it means is you can enter at 8, but the park closes to everyone else at 9, and that's the official event beginning.

I would guess the park hours get altered to 9 pm.

While this would be consistent with the prior AH events, WDW has changed the transition from "Park Close to Official Hard-Ticket event Start time" for MVMCP.

For prior MVMCP's, MK would close at 7 PM, and the Hard-ticket event would begin at same time; 7PM. (Indeed, this is how 2017's MNSSHP is running.) For 2017's MVMCP, MK is officially closing one hour prior to the start of the hard-ticket event, 6 PM, while MVMCP starts at 7 PM.

So its quite possible that the "new normal" to transition the MK from "Park Close to Official Hard-Ticket event Start time" is a one hour gap.

TLDR; There is good reason to think the MK hours shown today for 3/8/2018 are correct, and will not change.

Here's the DIS announcement for this event: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-after-hours-will-return-to-magic-kingdom-park-in-2018/

If you read through, it says you can get into MK at 7:00 p.m., no matter what time MK closes that night. So if closing is at 8:00, you get 4 hours. If closing is at 9:00, you'll get 5 hours. If they actually extend closing to 10:00, you'd get 6 hours.

Last January we were able to get in at 4:00. We were also able to get 3 fastpasses for between 4:00 and close (I think it was 8:00 the night we went). Last I heard, you aren't able to get fastpasses for the parties this year (which is a change from previous years) so maybe we won't be able to get them for DAH this year.

Just bought tickets for Feb 15th. This was the single best hard ticket/ add on we have ever done at Disney, hands down. Cannot wait to do it again!

I hope they extend this through May 2018! Does anyone remember which months they had it last year?

I hope they extend this through May 2018! Does anyone remember which months they had it last year?

Jan, Feb, and Mar only in 2017. Sorry... this event is only during the low times. In part because of the earlier closing times for the low season.

This was a great event in 2017. I'm kind of surprised to see all you can eat/drink back, since I see people with garbage bags full of bottled water. Sigh... anyhow, I am considering a weekend trip in January now... my wife is going to kill me. But this event is just that awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter