Disney After Hours for 2018?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a January/February trip for 2018 and I'm curious if anyone thinks Disney After Hours will be brought back?

I went to one this past Feb. I hope they do, it was one of the best things I've done at WDW in awhile, well worth it! This year's format and price point appeared to be more well-recieved than what they did the prior year, I think 1-2 even sold out if I'm not mistaken (I could be). I'm tempted to guess they'll do it again in that Jan/Feb timeframe, but obviously who knows! :-)

I went to one this past Feb. I hope they do, it was one of the best things I've done at WDW in awhile, well worth it! This year's format and price point appeared to be more well-recieved than what they did the prior year, I think 1-2 even sold out if I'm not mistaken (I could be). I'm tempted to guess they'll do it again in that Jan/Feb timeframe, but obviously who knows! :-)
Do you remember which night of the week it was?

I'm planning a January/February trip for 2018 and I'm curious if anyone thinks Disney After Hours will be brought back?
We are also traveling in Feb 2018, and Disney told me today that "Disney After Hours" is not a current offering. The CM could only say that it's not on their schedule of special events, but couldn't comment on whether it would be offered next year.

While I have no particular insight I'm guessing that because it was not brought back in 2017 it will not be brought back in 2018. I'd love to be wrong because we thought it was the best extra we've ever done. I'd do it again and again and again. But I'm afraid it's gone.

It was in '17 though, wasn't it? Just earlier in the year.

I've got a hunch that it's coming for next summer. That may have something to do with this year's earlier closes -- setting the foundation for the paid event. They can't take away the hours and replace them with the paid event -- they have to cut the hours and establish that as the new norm, then offer DAH as an add-on. One that would sell out so fast their noses will bleed.

And then, my friends, let the revolts begin.

I did it in Feb of this year, so yes, it had some 2017 dates. My hunch is we'll see it again in the winter months. But per Disney's typical timeliness of announcing offerings, we're months away from knowing. :-)

I went late February 2017 and loved it!!!!!!! I would pay for it again. We loved interacting with cast members. They seemed more relaxed. We are going again 2018 around President day and Princess Half when crowds will be high and would love to have another evening without crowds.

Oh, ok. Our dates were all last summer. We took DGD in July last year. So they skipped this summer without question. Which is why my opinion is it's gone

DH and I went before that, May I think

First DAH 2016 took place on Thursday, April 14 - the last one on Thursday, May 19.

We attended on May 12 and loved it :love:- although it was more crowded than the earlier dates - at least judging by the reviews until then.

Probably because by then Disney had lowered the price for AP holders and DVC members to $75 and were in addition giving tons of tickets away -
which left us with the impression being the only "Dummies" paying full price - :rotfl2:but we enjoyed it anyway and it was truly a memorable night pixiedust: -
and brought me untimately back into the parks after 20 years of skipping them - while visiting Orlando each year ...

So yes - I am very much hoping they bring it back - hopefully also a "Pandora after hours" with FoP until I drop pooh: ...:stitch2:

I just saw this on YouTube! we are going in January...i am hoping to see this available for our dates. I called the other day and the cast member told me to keep my eye out. i was also able to find the dates that this was offered last year and it falls when we are going...keeping my fingers crossed!! does anyone know how much this was in years past?

thanks!!

I just saw this on YouTube! we are going in January...i am hoping to see this available for our dates. I called the other day and the cast member told me to keep my eye out. i was also able to find the dates that this was offered last year and it falls when we are going...keeping my fingers crossed!! does anyone know how much this was in years past?

thanks!!

I paid $89 per person + tax for the one I went to on 2/16 this year. That total included an AP discount, unfortunately I'm not sure how much the discount was. I'm guessing maybe 10-15% but I just don't remember. I'm sure the undiscounted price is somewhere around here. I'm with you, I hope we see it for a few dates in Jan/Feb again next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter