**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Just wanted to offer a late review of the April 3 After Hours at Animal Kingdom... We loved it!

Between 7:00 and 11:30pm, we went on...

- Dinosaur x 1
- It's Tough To Be A Bug x 1
- Expedition Everest x 5
- Flight of Passage x 4

A few notes: Average wait to get TO the FoP preshow was about 20 minutes.

We picked up popcorn, ice cream, and drinks at least once after 8:30pm.

We had time to eat quick shrimp and chicken meals at Pongu Pongu, after miscalculating how well popcorn and ice cream would nourish us.

Tip of the hat to Castmembers for various attempts to accommodate a plus-size family on FoP. Tip of the hat to other riders for being polite about the delay. Tip of the hat to the family who conceded in a rather dignified and classy way. Sometimes it takes a group effort, but courtesy and empathy can move floating mountains.

While entering FoP, and strolling out at close, we were able to get some decent pictures of Pandora after dark.

Thank you for all the helpful information and reviews. Have purchased tickets for the June 4 event and have a question. I made a reservation for a 5:50 Tiffins - ROL dining package for the same night. ROL is scheduled for 9:00 that evening, but after reading a few posts, it sounds like there may be a special ROL showing for the DAH event? Am I reading that correctly? If there is a special showing, I think I'll cancel the dining package and make a regular dining reservation.
Thanks in advance for your help!
:)

Thank you for all the helpful information and reviews. Have purchased tickets for the June 4 event and have a question. I made a reservation for a 5:50 Tiffins - ROL dining package for the same night. ROL is scheduled for 9:00 that evening, but after reading a few posts, it sounds like there may be a special ROL showing for the DAH event? Am I reading that correctly? If there is a special showing, I think I'll cancel the dining package and make a regular dining reservation.
Thanks in advance for your help!
:)
Yes, they have been having an extra showing during dah

Can a friend who is a DVC member buy tickets for me and my family? (the DVC member will not be with us)

What's the likelihood they will add another After Hours for Memorial Day weekend? It seems like there is a blank spot there in the scheduling. We are going that weekend and of all the parks to do "After Hours" I think my dd would love this.

Can a friend who is a DVC member buy tickets for me and my family? (the DVC member will not be with us)
I was told that when you check in for DAH with a discounted DVC ticket, the DVC member has to be there to show their DVC card and ID to verify the discount.

I am going to DAH at AK while I'm in Orlando for a work conference. I do not have any park tickets for this trip (because I'll be in the conference during the day and only have that evening free). Will I be able to book a fastpass for the time between 7:00 and the start of DAH at 9:00? Or because I don't have park tickets will I be unable to make fastpasses? My Disney Experience is not giving me a date to book fastpasses (even though my DAH ticket is linked), which makes me think I won't be allowed to do so.

I am going to DAH at AK while I'm in Orlando for a work conference. I do not have any park tickets for this trip (because I'll be in the conference during the day and only have that evening free). Will I be able to book a fastpass for the time between 7:00 and the start of DAH at 9:00? Or because I don't have park tickets will I be unable to make fastpasses? My Disney Experience is not giving me a date to book fastpasses (even though my DAH ticket is linked), which makes me think I won't be allowed to do so.

When is your date? If you don’t mind me asking.

Assuming you’re offsite for your conference, your DAH ticket should let you book FPs 30 days out.

We were able to book FP+ with our DAH as our only ticket media on our accounts!

Edit: I don’t remember if it told us a FP booking date or not, but I just booked like the week before since I wasn’t worried about it.

Last edited:
We were able to book a FP without a ticket during the window just prior to DAH. We got a safari FP. Maybe give Disney a call to see what is causing the problem.

Does any know if they let you in early if you have an ADR? I know they do at most parks before they open for the day. But I'm wondering if it's possible for an after hours event. If so, how early...10 minutes? 30 minutes? I was considering getting an ROL dining package, but the latest times are all before 7. I'm guessing it's not allowed, but I thought I'd see if someone knows for sure.

Does any know if they let you in early if you have an ADR? I know they do at most parks before they open for the day. But I'm wondering if it's possible for an after hours event. If so, how early...10 minutes? 30 minutes? I was considering getting an ROL dining package, but the latest times are all before 7. I'm guessing it's not allowed, but I thought I'd see if someone knows for sure.
No they won’t let you in early for an ADR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter