**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

DVC and AP people--just a heads up to make sure they're charging you the correct rate. DVC member services quoted me the $95 rate over the phone but ended up charging my card $125. Now I'm going to be on hold for 30+ minutes while they fix the mistake. :crazy2:

Sorry that happened to you! We were charged correctly. We used our AP discount so were able to buy through regular ticketing instead of DVC MS - I wonder if that made a difference?

Although my tickets didn't show up in MDE yesterday after I linked them, they're showing today in case anyone was concerned about that.

How are you linking them? My husband had to buy them, since I was on a plane to WDW. He doesn’t have his own MDE account. He gave me a confirmation number, but he bought 3 tickets.

How are you linking them? My husband had to buy them, since I was on a plane to WDW. He doesn’t have his own MDE account. He gave me a confirmation number, but he bought 3 tickets.

Never mind. He just told me they are mailing them. Yuck! Hopefully they don’t get lost in the mail. I can’t remember the last time tickets were mailed to me.

Never mind. He just told me they are mailing them. Yuck! Hopefully they don’t get lost in the mail. I can’t remember the last time tickets were mailed to me.

Mine are being mailed as well, but I was still able to link them in MDE. I did it online by going to "My Plans" and clicking "Link Tickets" under "Park Tickets." I typed in the confirmation number the cast member gave me and was able to assign the tickets (I bought 2) to the people in my party. I think you can do it in the app as well by clicking on "My Tickets," the plus sign, and then "Link Tickets & Passes."

If that doesn't work, I'm sure someone who's more knowledgeable than I am will be along shortly! :)

Mine are being mailed as well, but I was still able to link them in MDE. I did it online by going to "My Plans" and clicking "Link Tickets" under "Park Tickets." I typed in the confirmation number the cast member gave me and was able to assign the tickets (I bought 2) to the people in my party. I think you can do it in the app as well by clicking on "My Tickets," the plus sign, and then "Link Tickets & Passes."

If that doesn't work, I'm sure someone who's more knowledgeable than I am will be along shortly! :)

Same for me - I entered the confirmation number on the Link Tickets page on the MDE website, and two tickets were listed for me to assign to DH and me. I’m also expecting hard tickets and received an email with tracking information that says they’ll arrive tomorrow.

Same for me - I entered the confirmation number on the Link Tickets page on the MDE website, and two tickets were listed for me to assign to DH and me. I’m also expecting hard tickets and received an email with tracking information that says they’ll arrive tomorrow.

I only tried on the app between convention sessions. I’ll try it on the laptop when I get a chance. Thanks

Getting anxious to hear reports. I already gave MK DAH booked for my February solo trip booked, but considering this one too. I really need to decide if it is worth it for me. I know the HS one isn’t for me, but I can’t decide on this one!!!!

Getting anxious to hear reports. I already gave MK DAH booked for my February solo trip booked, but considering this one too. I really need to decide if it is worth it for me. I know the HS one isn’t for me, but I can’t decide on this one!!!!

Me too! The thought of three hours on EE has me seriously considering for my February solo trip. Planning on EMM for HS and FEA Fireworks party at Epcot, this would help my planning-just need to wait for the FEA dates to be released.

Me too! The thought of three hours on EE has me seriously considering for my February solo trip. Planning on EMM for HS and FEA Fireworks party at Epcot, this would help my planning-just need to wait for the FEA dates to be released.
I am not sure about riding EE over and over, but love the idea of the park at night!! I am just not sure how busy it will be and if everyone will camp out in Pandora.

Saw a couple referenced to mailed tickets. My tickets are linked in MDE - do I also need them mailed, or will a printout of the emails suffice?!

Saw a couple referenced to mailed tickets. My tickets are linked in MDE - do I also need them mailed, or will a printout of the emails suffice?!

No, if you see them linked to all individuals in MDE, you’re good. You don’t need anything other than your MagicBand (or whatever admission media you plan on using) and enter through a designated event entry gate.

I keep my confirmation e-mails in a folder in my inbox just in case I run into any trouble at the gate and need to pull it up for some reason, but baring something unusual you shouldn’t need the e-mail or print out.

Interesting that for the late March / early April dates, ROL showing is scheduled for after park close, during DAH hours. Does that ever happen with MK DAH? Wondering how that will impact the event (if at all).

Interesting that for the late March / early April dates, ROL showing is scheduled for after park close, during DAH hours. Does that ever happen with MK DAH? Wondering how that will impact the event (if at all).

At times (depending on the time of year), MK DAH has had entertainment (HEA or OUAT) at park closing (so, extending 15 mins into DAH time).

All of the DHS DAH dates have fireworks (either JBJB or Star Wars) at the start of DAH.

Some people don't like the fact that it creates a large crowd that will still be in the park that carries over into event time - or eats into their own DAH time because they have to choose between entertainment and rides, but in my opinion, at MK at least, it tends to be a non-issue.

At times (depending on the time of year), MK DAH has had entertainment (HEA or OUAT) at park closing (so, extending 15 mins into DAH time).

All of the DHS DAH dates have fireworks (either JBJB or Star Wars) at the start of DAH.

Some people don't like the fact that it creates a large crowd that will still be in the park that carries over into event time - or eats into their own DAH time because they have to choose between entertainment and rides, but in my opinion, at MK at least, it tends to be a non-issue.

Thanks for this, it helps with my decision.

Thanks for the insight :)

Still very curious to see what happens with park hours and AK Disney After Hours. All of the event dates (including the very close December dates) still have 8pm park closing times at the moment, but 8:30pm-11:30pm Disney After Hours event times. They'll either update park hours to close at 8:30pm, or DAH gets an 'extra' 30 minutes of time. The closer we get to those December dates, it sure does seem like the extra 30 mins could be legit. TBD of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter