• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney 65th Merchandise Superthread

I'd say this was a lost cause before it even started. All I wanted was the pin. I'm surprised it isn't listed as sold out already as well. No way I'm going to eBay for it. I won't promote the practice!

I'd say this was a lost cause before it even started. All I wanted was the pin. I'm surprised it isn't listed as sold out already as well. No way I'm going to eBay for it. I won't promote the practice!
I just wanted the wishable. I am not thrilled with the merchandise overall that they are offering. I can't tell if they planned to go limited before COVID or if this is a result of the virus and what they could get.

Well, they are updated the main page with SOLD OUT signs. At least we can leave the queue when are items are listed as gone.

My virtual que page says the line is paused; I wonder what that means?
Mine, too. Only about 1000 people have gone through as far as I can tell based on where it was when I started (24,100-ish - it's at 23026 now).

ETA: Now it says they're letting everyone with a shopping cart started complete their orders and will then resume. I don't expect to get through for another couple of hours.

I’m not really impressed with the merch (color is very similar to the 60th) but still wanted to pickup something since we can’t be in the park to celebrate on Friday.

How exactly does Disney enforce their "policy" of APs losing their privileges if they purchase mech with their discount only to turn around and sell on eBay? Has anyone actually lost those privileges? I think they should, but how would Disney ever know that? Is it just meant to be a deterrent?

I’m not really impressed with the merch (color is very similar to the 60th) but still wanted to pickup something since we can’t be in the park to celebrate on Friday.
This is how I am feeling. I don't feel like they have a great variety and it is too similar to what I have from the 60th.

How exactly does Disney enforce their "policy" of APs losing their privileges if they purchase mech with their discount only to turn around and sell on eBay? Has anyone actually lost those privileges? I think they should, but how would Disney ever know that? Is it just meant to be a deterrent?

I don't see how they can, unless your seller ID on ebay is "iamFIRSTNAMELASTNAME". Or if Disney themselves buy something and your return shipping address matches your address on your AP profile.

This pause is ridiculous. You have 5 minutes once you’re in. Why are we now paused almost 20 minutes to let people with shopping carts finish their order? While I’m still sitting here at 30411 in line.

This pause is ridiculous. You have 5 minutes once you’re in. Why are we now paused almost 20 minutes to let people with shopping carts finish their order? While I’m still sitting here at 30411 in line.
Agreed. I'm at 30777 right now and don't think I will ever get in.

Definitely! They can't have not sold out of some of the other limited items by now as well, but they haven't updated the main page. Something doesn't add up.

Definitely! They can't have not sold out of some of the other limited items by now as well, but they haven't updated the main page. Something doesn't add up.
Exactly. I’m sure both limited pins are gone by now. At this rate I’ll be lucky to be in by this time tomorrow.

Methinks there's something going on other than letting people with carts started finish their transactions for it to take this long. But, as far as I can tell, only about 1000 people have entered (based on the number there were when I entered versus the number still ahead of me), so some of the pins must be left currently - IF they're actually limiting the number people can buy.

Exactly. I’m sure both limited pins are gone by now. At this rate I’ll be lucky to be in by this time tomorrow.
It feels like it will be days before some of us get in. I wonder if it is paused because they have a way to weed out bots? Can bots even get into this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter