• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DISmoms 3! If the Tiara fits... 5/13-5/17/11 Complete! 11/8!

Definitely have to put Kouzzina on my list of restaurants to try. Everything looked amazing. And loving the sangria with breakfast!:goodvibes

YES!! Put it on your list! It's a great breakfast!!:thumbsup2

Wow, we ate at Kouzzina once for dinner and it was fab but who knew it would be such a good breakfast spot too?! I didn't know they had white sangria! We had the red and it was delish!

It's great, Nikki- definitely check it out!:thumbsup2 Honestly, I'm not sure if I would pick Kona or Kouzzina for my favorite WDW brekkie- they are both soooooo yum!

The view from your balcony was fabulous!

I don't know about those breakfasts, I'm not much for mixed together food & would want all that cheese removed!

I'm not a very adventurous diner to my chagrin!:sad2:

That view at BW is truly excellent- hope to have it again sometime!

They do have simpler options at Kouzzina- we just all like the food they put effort into. :goodvibes I personally am a very adventurous eater- I'll try pretty much anything, and like it.

A bat to the eye...OUCH!! :headache: Sorry to hear about that and on your anniversary of all nights. Murphy's law right? :thumbsup2

LBI looked liked such a relaxing time away. I will get to a beach house on the shore (I'd say down the shore but Jersey Shore ruined that for me :rolleyes:) one day!

I love that I know another group of women that would have sangria with breakfast. :rotfl:

I love that you're happy about that! :goodvibes

After breakfast, we hopped on the boat to DHS- and I made everyone walk over to the Swalphin to do it. Because I HATE a looooong boatride. And BWV is so close to that other stop, and then it's just straight to DHS. I KNOW it's the same boat. But everyone humored me- and to be frank, we're all talking so much the whole time, I think everyone is focused on the constant conversation, and not where they are when they're having it! :rotfl: It IS such a great thing, for me personally- here are these women that never knew each other for the most part, and they ALL get along SO WELL! :thumbsup2

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

Look! DISmom ducks!
IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

Once we had arrived, we headed straight for RnRC and the single rider line. I was a little sad I couldn't ride with Evie this way because I think it was her first ride ever- but, we are all about efficiency, and we had a LOT to do- so single rider is the way to go! Lonnie did not ride, but all the rest of us went on. I don't have any redneck photos unfortunately, but I do have this-

IMG_3508.jpg

And this-
IMG_3509.jpg

Taken by Kara, who was OF COURSE, laying on the ground. Immediately following RnRC (did we ride twice?) we headed over to ToT- sooooo freakin' funny, that ride, with a bunch of cackling DISmoms!

IMG_3510.jpg

From there, it was time for drawing class- seriously one of my favorite activities in WDW. EVERYONE was very talented!

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

We were drawing Winnie the Pooh, I was so happy! Now I have Eeyore, Mickey & Pooh- so glad to always get a new character, and such beloved ones. Here's mine-

IMG_3522.jpg

Laura's-

IMG_3517.jpg

Evie's-

IMG_3518.jpg

I'll be back in a minute- my computer is acting weird.....

Hooray updates! Us groupies need our fix of chocolate milk!:thumbsup2

Ellen - glad to hear that DS is OK and that you had a good alternate anniversary! Congrats on 25 years!

We've been fortunate that the worst DS has done is run into the queue line at Kennedy Space Center and knock out a baby tooth, but whoa the blood! No ambulance rides for us yet, knock on wood!

I love all the pics of the beach, especially the WHOA! stop sign!:rotfl:

You are truly blessed to have such great friends! But it takes a friend to be one, so it must come right back atcha! :hug:

PS - in my withdrawal from no updates I read the entire Dismom's trip 2. My hubby does the same head tilt!

You all look so happy...it looks like you've been friends for years!

Very talented group of ladies....beautiful drawings:worship:

:woohoo: All caught up .......

Love all the photos! Can you imagine that in all the time we have spent at WDW we have never done a drawing class. But then I REALLY can't draw! :rotfl2:

Sorry your anniversary dinner in NYC was cut short, Ellen. But I was happy to see Timmy smiling while waiting for his stitches!
Good thing you were at least able to go out to dinner the next day.

Can't wait for more! I LOVE DISmoms threads! So much fun!

I want to be a groupie! The clincher was the sangria with breakfast :worship: breakfast at Kouzzina looked wonderful. We had ADRs this summer when we stayed at BWV but for some reason we changed our plans that morning - can't remember why :confused3 but now I'm sorry that we did!

So glad you returned with more updates of the trip. And as for your personal updates - that is vey sad about your cousins husband and very scary about Timmy to hear then and not be able to get home right away. Congrats on your 25th anniversary :thumbsup2 DH and I celebrated 18 this year and look forward to many, many more!

Please hurry back with more :)

Crap!!! I just submitted a post and it didn't work because my token expired!!! What the heck is a token??? :sad2:

Sorry- I don't have time to do it again- maybe later. UGHHHHH!!!!!!:mad:

Y'all look so happy!! :) I love those pictures from RNR. And I love the drawing class too; and I can never get my family to wait to do it with me. I've only done it once when I didn't have my kids along.

Ellen - so sorry you didn't get to Po for your anniversary, but thank goodness your son ended up being okay!!!

Well, you just made my dilemma over whether to eat at Kouzinna for breakfast or not that much easier. Those photos of your meals look FANTASTIC!!! Now my only dilemma will be what to order!:rotfl:

Sounds like a fun morning so far at HS. Sorry you lost that last post....that has happened to me a number of times too.:mad: At least we aren't alone. Think I am going to start doing them elsewhere in draft for the narrative parts...it is too painful to lose one.:laughing:

Ok...let's try this again! I'll answer everyone after I update-

Pretty sure this was Lonnie's-

IMG_3519.jpg

Kara's-

IMG_3520.jpg

Joan's-

IMG_3521.jpg

I truly love that animation class- I am not an artist (Lonnie actually IS) but I am always amazed they can get me to draw the characters by just giving directions like "draw a circle"! :rotfl: On our way out of the class-

IMG_3524.jpg

ANd then we decided to go to-

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

Where we all watched the movie, and several of us had an out-of-body-menopausal moment, bursting into tears during the film.

Whaaaat? Walt is a very moving individual!

Ooohhhh...to be in your forties...:scared:

Afterwards, we decided it was time for a little break, so we made our way across the park to the Tune-In Lounge. On the way, we saw an unusual choice in footwear for a day hoofing it though DHS-

IMG_3527.jpg

SERIOUSLY.....SOCKS???? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Up next- tuning in and tuning out....

Hooray updates! Us groupies need our fix of chocolate milk!:thumbsup2

Ellen - glad to hear that DS is OK and that you had a good alternate anniversary! Congrats on 25 years!

Thank-you!!:goodvibes

We've been fortunate that the worst DS has done is run into the queue line at Kennedy Space Center and knock out a baby tooth, but whoa the blood! No ambulance rides for us yet, knock on wood!

OUCH! One of our nephews knocked out a baby tooth when he was 4- so EVERY pic FOREVER it seemed like, had him missing his front tooth! You too?

I love all the pics of the beach, especially the WHOA! stop sign!:rotfl:

Glad you liked that one- I did too!

You are truly blessed to have such great friends! But it takes a friend to be one, so it must come right back atcha! :hug:

What a wonderful thing to say- I do hope it's true- I cherish my friends. :lovestruc

PS - in my withdrawal from no updates I read the entire Dismom's trip 2. My hubby does the same head tilt!

That's so funny!! Maybe they're related! :rotfl:

You all look so happy...it looks like you've been friends for years!

We are happy- and it does feel that way- everyone just gets along so well.

Very talented group of ladies....beautiful drawings:worship:

Thank-you!!

:woohoo: All caught up .......

Love all the photos! Can you imagine that in all the time we have spent at WDW we have never done a drawing class. But then I REALLY can't draw! :rotfl2:

Well, I'm no artist either but I have managed to create 3 recognizable drawings in there- I say you MUST give it a try!!

Sorry your anniversary dinner in NYC was cut short, Ellen. But I was happy to see Timmy smiling while waiting for his stitches!
Good thing you were at least able to go out to dinner the next day.

Timmy was getting phone calls from avery kid on the team-it was the sweetest thing! Mt friend Cindy just kept saying what a great kid he is. Someone told me yesterday at his game that he was saying, "Just throw a band-aid on it so I can play!!" :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more! I LOVE DISmoms threads! So much fun!

I'm so glad!! I love your threads, too- and I have a LOT of catching up to do- baseball has kept me hopping so far this summer!

I want to be a groupie! The clincher was the sangria with breakfast :worship: breakfast at Kouzzina looked wonderful. We had ADRs this summer when we stayed at BWV but for some reason we changed our plans that morning - can't remember why :confused3 but now I'm sorry that we did!

Yay!! Another Groupie!! :woohoo: I cancelled my original brekkie adr there, too- last October before our cruise. I hope I never have to do it again!

So glad you returned with more updates of the trip. And as for your personal updates - that is vey sad about your cousins husband and very scary about Timmy to hear then and not be able to get home right away. Congrats on your 25th anniversary :thumbsup2 DH and I celebrated 18 this year and look forward to many, many more!

Thank-you...

Please hurry back with more :)

Y'all look so happy!! :) I love those pictures from RNR. And I love the drawing class too; and I can never get my family to wait to do it with me. I've only done it once when I didn't have my kids along.

Hey Shannn! We ARE so happy!! :goodvibes I did the drawing class with my kids once- Timmy was in tears because he just didn't like the way his came out. :sad1:

Ellen - so sorry you didn't get to Po for your anniversary, but thank goodness your son ended up being okay!!!

Yes- so glad he was fine!!

Well, you just made my dilemma over whether to eat at Kouzinna for breakfast or not that much easier. Those photos of your meals look FANTASTIC!!! Now my only dilemma will be what to order!:rotfl:

Make sure someone gets the stacked and someone gets the waffle- yummmmmmm!:cloud9:

Sounds like a fun morning so far at HS. Sorry you lost that last post....that has happened to me a number of times too.:mad: At least we aren't alone. Think I am going to start doing them elsewhere in draft for the narrative parts...it is too painful to lose one.:laughing:

I know I should do it in word first, but I just keep doing them on here- not my first time losing a post, but thankfully it doesn't happen too often.

HotDog, we have another one! Maybe we need a facebook group site, DISmoms and Groupies???

DISmoms’ Groupies:

kid-at-heart - MI (Kate)
Wicket’s Mom - OH
Disneybuckeye – OH
dvc4life – IA
MAGICFOR2 - OR (Pre-DISMom Groupie)
tinytreasures – MN
Disney before Sally – MD
Dizneeat – Austria
Beth D – OH
OhMari-WI
anewmac- CA
elizabethswan – some island???
stinksmom - Iowa

Did I miss anyone?
Are there other DISmoms’ groupies out there?

DISmom’s Groupies - “NotDISMomsButStillCool” ladies (or men).

We got to the Tune-In Lounge just in time....well, most of us did. I think Laura and maybe someone else had stopped to shop along the way, and they were in trouble- because the skies opened up, and it began to POUR!!! Although.....there really was no lack of pouring inside, either-

IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

Aren't they just the prettiest cocktails? We got a couple of orders of onion rings to go with them- they are not as pretty, but they do taste soooo yummy!

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

We contemplated what to do in lieu of the rain situation....

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

Perfect timing, though- once again- when we finished our cocktails and rings, the rain had stopped enough to make a beeline for the boat- so we could take a little break in our lovely BW villa.

IMG_3549.jpg

ANd just as the boat pulled into the dock, it began Typhoon freaking conditions once again-

IMG_3550.jpg

Honestly, the rain looked like it was falling UP, it was POUNDING that lake!! We ran as fast as I've ever seen any DISmoms move, back to the villa- and the dry indoors.

Click to play-

Upnext...what should we do to kill some time, girls??? :rolleyes1

Really!!!:rotfl:

So gnarly. :eek:

I want the bartendar's uniform to be as pretty as the drinks. That's a fairly dowdy uniform she had to wear. The onion rings look delicious. :cloud9:

I've been to WDW during those storms; they may be temporary but man do they come on quickly. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter