DISmoms 3! If the Tiara fits... 5/13-5/17/11 Complete! 11/8!

So Kara asked me for some videos recently...which made me remember that DUH! I had not downloaded them yet! So here are a few from that first day....

Dinner with royalty & the REAL Kara-

(and yes, Joan, you HAVE got it!)

Happy Birthday to Lonnie- in Italy

And hmmmmm....me thinks they figured it out after all!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oooo, Sangria-like? I'm in. We always stop at the R&C for DH who works up a need for a beer fix in the time it takes us to walk from Germany to England!

I hope you like it!

Funny lady! I think you need an assertive personality to be president and I am a wimp. Thanks though. :hug: I will try to keep the list going providing we are not annoying the DISmoms. :confused3

Annoying us?? With flattering us? We LOVE the groupies! :lovestruc

Wrong gender here to be a DisMOM but definitely a fan. Love the TR.

Thank-you!!:goodvibes

Uh Oh - Test Track sounds like it may have shook some things up a little. Loved reading about your dinner and the happy birthday video was great.

Not really. :rolleyes:

Sorry your anniversary plans took a back seat to the baseball bat incident. I am so glad it was a minor injury. Is there any boy who gets to adulthood without having their face sutured at least once by a plastic surgeon?

LBI look sooooooo wonderful and sooooooo relaxing. Why can't we have beaches like that in Delaware. Just perfect. Ahhhhhhh!

Videos? Really? You posted the videos???? Dang! That chocolate milk does funny things to me!

I could barely breath in that video!

Glad Timmy came out okay. The beach house looks grand!!!!

Oh my goodness Ellen. This has been a happy, bummer, yay, sad, terribly sad, happy set of postings. A true gambit of emotions.

First, I want to say happy anniversary to you and Pods. 25 years is quite the accomplishment any more. (We celebrated 20 in September). And I must say, we are not the norm any more. So :thumbsup2 to you and Pods.

And, what an anniversary celebration to go to NYC for the night. Too bad Tim had the incident with the bat. I know you were probably worried sick until you got to him. It sounds like he was in very good hands though with your friends.

And then, you did finally have your anniversary supper. How special. At least you will never forget it.

Your poor cousin. :sad1: So sorry to hear of her loss. And for the rest of your family too. There are no words to describe what everyone is going through. I hope she will continue to carry on and be able to care for Sean for you.

And, finally, :yay: for the beach. It looks so lovely. And relaxing. I love to just sit on the beach and listen to the ocean.

Hopefully things will settle down for you and your family now and we can get to more DISMom fun. ;)

Thanks.

Ahhh, you guys look so nice in your photos. I am sorry Timmy and youse had to experience the hospital on your anniversary. However, you "second" (not potato chips) anniversary meal looks delicious.

Off now to paint the bathroom. Stripping is finished, (molding in the bathroom, not me stripping :rotfl: ), woodwork has been stained and varnished, now I am painting the walls and rehanging the woodwork. Next year we will PAY someone to do the other things which need doing in the bathroom. We only have been working on this particular project for about ten years. :rolleyes:

Stripping AGAIN, Madame President??? :scared1: And yes, you ARE the President- I'm pretty sure there will be no policy making or public speaking involved with your presidency (which is most likely how I got the job- no one likes public speaking and I am "ok" with it) so you should be good to go! :thumbsup2 :worship:

I am impressed by how much you have done on your own! I married a fine accountant, and I am one HECK of a cook, but we are both CLUELESS when it comes to home repair or improvement. So KUDOS, Madame Prez!

Sorry your anniversary plans took a back seat to the baseball bat incident. I am so glad it was a minor injury. Is there any boy who gets to adulthood without having their face sutured at least once by a plastic surgeon?

Well...this was his second time. He fell on the front steps a few years back, and I took him to the Complete Care for stitches on his forehead. So....that's probably where I would have brought him had I BEEN there, which I wasn't.

He got hit last weekend pitching, and it was pretty bad (but he was fine in a couple of minutes)- when I was in the dugout, his friend said, "Hey- at least his parents were here this time!" :rotfl2:

I laughed sooooo hard......

LBI look sooooooo wonderful and sooooooo relaxing. Why can't we have beaches like that in Delaware. Just perfect. Ahhhhhhh!

Isn't Bethany like that?:confused3

Videos? Really? You posted the videos???? Dang! That chocolate milk does funny things to me!

Naaaahhhhh....you're fine- you do all the same stuff if you've had the chocolate milk or not!

I could barely breath in that video!

Glad Timmy came out okay. The beach house looks grand!!!!

Oh....well then you might want to get an oxygen mask to prepare for Ollie....or was it Sven???? :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness Ellen. This has been a happy, bummer, yay, sad, terribly sad, happy set of postings. A true gambit of emotions.

Sorry for the rollercoaster- it really has been crazy around here since April...the DISmoms trip was truly great, great timing!

First, I want to say happy anniversary to you and Pods. 25 years is quite the accomplishment any more. (We celebrated 20 in September). And I must say, we are not the norm any more. So :thumbsup2 to you and Pods.

Happy Anniversary to you too!! :thumbsup2

And, what an anniversary celebration to go to NYC for the night. Too bad Tim had the incident with the bat. I know you were probably worried sick until you got to him. It sounds like he was in very good hands though with your friends.

Well...NYC is right there- I always am ashamed at how much we have taken it for granted all our lives. An amazing city- that really feels like a town when you hang out there enough (stange as that may sound!). And yes- that car ride took FOR-EH-VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! We knew he was in good hands, but it was freaking us out he had to go to the ER in an ambulance- I started thinking they weren't telling us something.:sad2:But he was in GREAT hands- there are 4 nurses on the team, for starters (one dr, but of course, that was the night he wasn't there) and well- the parents and kids on Timmy's team are really wonderful- absolutely love them!

And then, you did finally have your anniversary supper. How special. At least you will never forget it.

Your poor cousin. :sad1: So sorry to hear of her loss. And for the rest of your family too. There are no words to describe what everyone is going through. I hope she will continue to carry on and be able to care for Sean for you.

Thanks- we are all praying for Sheree, it's just so awful for her. We all miss Henry. But, right now, I just want her to be happy again. Her niece is having a baby this month- I think this will help.

And, finally, :yay: for the beach. It looks so lovely. And relaxing. I love to just sit on the beach and listen to the ocean.

Hopefully things will settle down for you and your family now and we can get to more DISMom fun. ;)

Thanks.

Yea- I think things may settle down here now!! Just band camp/weight training for football/and two travel baseball teams to get to- seriously, it's a piece of cake!! :lmao: :thumbsup2

Thanks, Chris-:hug:

Happy Anniversary!! We will be celebrating 45 next month! I wanted to go to Europe for an anniversary, but with all of the hassles since 9/11 I do my European visits at Epcot!

I know first hand how those calls about injured kids can make one feel. One son was trying to catch a ball in right field when he hit the fence. It knocked him cold & cut his forehead. He had a concussion & several stitches to show for it. He got a ride in an ambulance for that.

Dinner in NYC would be fabulous!

So sad losing your family member, glad that she is under your wing.

We woke up on Saturday to a beautiful day on the Boardwalk...

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

I truly loved having this BWV with the view- open the doors to the balcony, and all the cheerful music came right in. LOVED that!

Today we had an ADR at Kouzzina for breakfast- and I couldn't wait!! There are so many creative options on that menu, and we were looking forward to sampling as many as we could- good thing DISmoms are GREAT at sharing!!:thumbsup2

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

I thought this looked interesting-

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

What's that in Kara's hand? A flask? Of chocolate milk?
IMG_3491.jpg

Finally, our pager was flashing, so Kara begrudgingly put away her flask and we were seated. First things first, we ordered a pitcher of their YUMMY sangria-

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

And some of us shared a pressed pot of coffee, which was also really good-

IMG_3495.jpg

But this was better-

IMG_3496.jpg

Cheers! It's 5:00 somewhere!

IMG_3497.jpg

While we waited for our meals, several women came up to us to ask us what we were doing, where we were from, how AMAZING we were, how much they loved our tiaras.....this happened aLOT on this vacation- everyone likes to see a bunch of Moms out taking care of THEMSELVES for a change! :dance3:

I knew for months what I was having for breakfast- but would it live up to my expectations? Stacked Kouzzina Breakfast - Two Poached Eggs, Kalamata Olive toast, Artichoke Spread and Sweet potato Hash with choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage - $11.99

IMG_3498.jpg

I have to say, that all of the photos I ever have seen of this do NOT seem that appetizing. I think that the artichoke spread just doesn't photograph well. But the way it tastes? OMG!! :worship: Soooooooo delicious- all of it- every bite of yumminess on the plate. I think both Joan & I had this, and we did both LOVE it! Kara had-Vegetable Flatbread Scrambled Eggs - With Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach and Feta - $11.99

IMG_3499.jpg

She too was in heaven. Lonnie (and maybe Evie?) had Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Scrambled Eggs - Served with Breakfast Potatoes and a choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage - $10.49

IMG_3501.jpg

They said it was absolutely fantastic! Laura tried Classic Waffle - With Whipped Mascarpone Cheese, Honey, chopped Pecans and a choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage - $10.49

IMG_3500.jpg

She had nothing but good things to say about it- and I have to agree with her! This was outstanding! We all shared our food, and although mine was my favorite, the waffles were a close second. YUMMMMMM......

The server came over and asked me something, and I nodded and smiled- it's a little noisy in there, and I am not the best with filtering in a noisy situation- I thought she asked if we wanted more water. What she asked was did we want more Sangria- so out came pitcher #2! I explained that NO, we were not up for another round (being that we had plans of making it to the ACTUAL 5:00 HERE not just SOMEWHERE) and she graciously took it away and removed it from our bill.

IMG_3502.jpg

This was a FABULOUS breakfast, we all agreed- actually, we walked out saying we should come back AGAIN on this trip, but that never happened, unfortunately. But I personally DO have it booked for our family vacation in November- along with Kona, because my kids want to eat there too (and, well, so do I!). And I'm pretty sure we'll squueze it in next year before our cruise- even if we are only staying at BCV for 2 nights prior. :goodvibes

Up next- we get our ride on at DHS- a LOT!

You guys are famous. My daughter and I opened DHS Saturday morning. We were at the boat launch to go to Epcot and after the people had gotten off and were walking up the ramp the gentleman in front of me said "There goes the DISMOMS."

Isn't Bethany like that?:confused3

:

I don't think its like that anymore. Maybe years ago. Assateague is like that! :rotfl: Seriously - it looks like there is no one on LBI. It looks fab.

Love your last update. We all had the same meals as you guys (minus the sangria). I did not know it came by the picture, but I will definitely remember that for future visits.

I really, really, REALLY want to stay at BWV for my F&W 2012 trip.

You guys are famous. My daughter and I opened DHS Saturday morning. We were at the boat launch to go to Epcot and after the people had gotten off and were walking up the ramp the gentleman in front of me said "There goes the DISMOMS."

AWESOME!:banana:

Definitely have to put Kouzzina on my list of restaurants to try. Everything looked amazing. And loving the sangria with breakfast!:goodvibes

Wow, we ate at Kouzzina once for dinner and it was fab but who knew it would be such a good breakfast spot too?! I didn't know they had white sangria! We had the red and it was delish!

:thumbsup2 :lmao: :woohoo:

The view from your balcony was fabulous!

I don't know about those breakfasts, I'm not much for mixed together food & would want all that cheese removed!

I'm not a very adventurous diner to my chagrin!:sad2:

A bat to the eye...OUCH!! :headache: Sorry to hear about that and on your anniversary of all nights. Murphy's law right? :thumbsup2

LBI looked liked such a relaxing time away. I will get to a beach house on the shore (I'd say down the shore but Jersey Shore ruined that for me :rolleyes:) one day!

I love that I know another group of women that would have sangria with breakfast. :rotfl:

Happy Anniversary!! We will be celebrating 45 next month! I wanted to go to Europe for an anniversary, but with all of the hassles since 9/11 I do my European visits at Epcot!

I know first hand how those calls about injured kids can make one feel. One son was trying to catch a ball in right field when he hit the fence. It knocked him cold & cut his forehead. He had a concussion & several stitches to show for it. He got a ride in an ambulance for that.

Dinner in NYC would be fabulous!

So sad losing your family member, glad that she is under your wing.

Awww....Europe is incredible- I hope you reconsider and go at some point! I have been 3 times- to Italy twice, and to Scotland once. If airfares weren't so high I would have gone back- and eventually I will- I'd love to see France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands.....:cloud9:

I'm guessing your son was ok after his ambulance ride? :hug: That sounds MUCH worse than what happened to Tim- Tim was never knocked out.

Thanks for the condolences- it was and is very sad and has changed all of our lives in a really awful way. :sad1:

Sangria for breakfast :thumbsup2. All of those meals look yummy.

Yea- Sangria for breakfast ROCKS!!:woohoo:

SERIOUSLY?????:eek: That's HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl:

oh nooooo...not ole and sven!!!

Get ready- they're coming to a TR near you REALLLLLY soon! :rotfl:

I don't think its like that anymore. Maybe years ago. Assateague is like that! :rotfl: Seriously - it looks like there is no one on LBI. It looks fab.

Love your last update. We all had the same meals as you guys (minus the sangria). I did not know it came by the picture, but I will definitely remember that for future visits.

I really, really, REALLY want to stay at BWV for my F&W 2012 trip.

Where Evie's house is is very residential- there are no day trippers, because there is nowhere for them to park, and beach access is up a private road. SO that's why it looks so secluded- and in general, the Island itself was very empty- we kept saying it felt more like June there than the middle of July. Our theory is that it has become exhorbitantly expensive to rent there, so now people rent elsewhere (like OBX) to get more for their $$. Meaning now it's just busy on the weekend, with families who own that come down. The last time we rented there was in 2007- for $3200 a week we got a crap-hole house 1 off the ocean (we need that for Sean- in case we can't catch him when he runs off the beach- no street to cross) with 2 window air conditioner units in the whole place- that were both probably manufactured in 1962. The walls upstairs were plywood, the furnishings were collected from the curb on trash day. We loved the location, but after that we were kind of done. KWIM?

The sangria was very refreshing- I hope Pods is up for it in November!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter