DISers Disneybounding!

Pinterest has some outfits that would fit this Disneybouding idea. They don't call it that tho, but they're still wayyyy cute!

We Disneybounded this weekend- we learned about it from this board :cool1: We did a family day as Alice characters- and we got so lucky- we ran into Alice and The Mad Hatter and they totally stopped to talk and take a picture.
DisneyBoundingAlicestyle_zps7b332fbb.jpg

We also did a day where everyone did their own thing: I was Jane~
100_2696480x640_zps7a7af37e.jpg

One daughter was Nemo:
100_2655640x480_zps4e71e8be.jpg

And the other honored Dumbo:
100_2657480x640_zps2c836f29.jpg

We ran into the prettiest Marie with her pals Berlioz and Toulouse- so much fun!

While waiting in line to get into DL, I saw what I guessed was a couple Disneybounding as Ariel and Russell. Later that day saw at least two people with Minnie outfits and one couple with 50s style outfits. The next day at PFF grand opening, I saw a really awesome Rapunzel Disneybounding, complete with a yellow flower in her hair that looked impressively accurate. She watched the first Tangled showing (DGF and I did the same).

DBF and I Disneybounded as Loki and Merida yesterday. You may not be able to tell but I have a brown belt around my waist, and an orange ribbon in my hair to represent Merida's bright red hair. Second picture shows the belt and the ribbon a little better. Parks were crowded and it got really warm in the middle of the day, but we still enjoyed ourselves :)

2642nm1.jpg

9s47qu.jpg

Pinup and Dana, your outfits look amazing!!!
Pinup, where is that picture of Walt? Dana, I especially like the Jane outfit. The jaguar bracelet is a great touch.

DBF and I Disneybounded as Loki and Merida yesterday. You may not be able to tell but I have a brown belt around my waist, and an orange ribbon in my hair to represent Merida's bright red hair. Second picture shows the belt and the ribbon a little better. Parks were crowded and it got really warm in the middle of the day, but we still enjoyed ourselves :)

Pinup and Dana, your outfits look amazing!!!
Pinup, where is that picture of Walt? Dana, I especially like the Jane outfit. The jaguar bracelet is a great touch.
Thanks mysteriouspnai, I love your pics! and I agree- Pinup Mommy you look fabulous!

Ok I don't want to be rude so please forgive me if I come off that way, I guess I don't understand this because to be honest, none of those look really "costumey" to me, well except the Cheshire Cat with the cute whiskers. lol I'm curious as to what this really is, I mean I would do more I guess is what I'm trying to say......I don't see how wearing an orange shirt translates to Nemo, what am I missing???? LOL

If I understand the concept since costumes for adults aren't allowed - the idea came from color schemes of characters or "regular" clothes that can be interpreted as Disney characters. It's something I personally love seeing and don't think there are any real rules. I'm a fierce believe in do what makes you happy !

DF and I are planning to do this for our next trip! I'm going as Ursala - black and purple dress with an "eel" belt, white hat, and shell locket. DF wants to do Cinderella, but she's still working on the details.

Thank you for starting this thread, as I had no idea. However, it looks fun and even guys can participate, despite my having the same fashion sense as a turnip. :groom:

Ok I don't want to be rude so please forgive me if I come off that way, I guess I don't understand this because to be honest, none of those look really "costumey" to me, well except the Cheshire Cat with the cute whiskers. lol I'm curious as to what this really is, I mean I would do more I guess is what I'm trying to say......I don't see how wearing an orange shirt translates to Nemo, what am I missing???? LOL

Lol, don't worry about it. The more people know about Disneybounding, the more "costumes" we can see in the parks! :thumbsup2 Now, the reason why I put costumes in quotations is because you're right, they don't scream HEY LOOK I'M DRESSED UP AS A CHARACTER!! Disneybounders dress up with the knowledge that what they're wearing can kind of be construed as some sort of character. They take elements from a character and try to emulate that.

It's also possible to dress up as a land or attraction. For example, if I wanted to dress up as Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, I would probably wear something with birds and plants on it.

If you look at the DisneyBound tumblr, you'll see more examples of other interpretations. I started this thread for DISers who DisneyBound, and I'm hoping that it doesn't end up as a thread where people just paste pictures from that tumblr. As Astylla said, there really are no rules to it :). Some people just choose more costumey elements than others!

Think of it more as a tribute to or in honor of than a costume. Her original Nemo shirt had tiny white sequins in stripes across her shirt and she wore her black belt over the shirt- so orange, white and black stripes. Unfortunately it was long sleeves and it turned very warm that day- luckily we had been checking the forecast so she had a backup- short sleeved orange shirt- not as Nemo-ish but she wore black shorts and a white tank, dolphin necklace and her sparkly sequiny blue shoes (to represent water). The idea isn't to make a costume, but to see what street clothes you have or could easily buy that you would still wear other times that would represent the character or movie. Maybe no one got the reference- maybe someone did while we were walking around- but it was still very fun knowing that you had this little secret and to see who gets it :woohoo:

We are the kind of family who loves spirit days at the schools, or dresses in support of the sports teams we go to- so this is just like that in a way...

If I understand the concept since costumes for adults aren't allowed - the idea came from color schemes of characters or "regular" clothes that can be interpreted as Disney characters. It's something I personally love seeing and don't think there are any real rules. I'm a fierce believe in do what makes you happy !

Oh I am too, do what makes you happy, I guess some of the outfits I've seen I wouldn't assume were even modeled after a character. :)

DF and I are planning to do this for our next trip! I'm going as Ursala - black and purple dress with an "eel" belt, white hat, and shell locket. DF wants to do Cinderella, but she's still working on the details.

Ok so that sounds like disneybounding, if I saw you dressed like that I would "get it" and say "she's Ursula". lol Cinderella, cute light blue skirt or dress with mouse jewelry. :) A cute brown dress with an apron and a broom applique. :)

Lol, don't worry about it. The more people know about Disneybounding, the more "costumes" we can see in the parks! :thumbsup2 Now, the reason why I put costumes in quotations is because you're right, they don't scream HEY LOOK I'M DRESSED UP AS A CHARACTER!! Disneybounders dress up with the knowledge that what they're wearing can kind of be construed as some sort of character. They take elements from a character and try to emulate that.

It's also possible to dress up as a land or attraction. For example, if I wanted to dress up as Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, I would probably wear something with birds and plants on it.

If you look at the DisneyBound tumblr, you'll see more examples of other interpretations. I started this thread for DISers who DisneyBound, and I'm hoping that it doesn't end up as a thread where people just paste pictures from that tumblr. As Astylla said, there really are no rules to it :). Some people just choose more costumey elements than others!

Ok, I get it then. It was what I thought, I guess I'd just "kick it up a notch" and be more "costumey". LOL I do love the photos everyone has posted, there are some cute outfits being shared. :)

Oh I am too, do what makes you happy, I guess some of the outfits I've seen I wouldn't assume were even modeled after a character. :)

I agree, there are many outfit ideas on the disneybounding site that I would never guess even if I saw them in the park.

Some of the outfits I have planned are:
-red polka dot dress with yellow belt and black shoes
-yellow skirt with blue shirt and red headband
-some sort of blue and white outfit

I'm going to wear them on the same days that my DD3 wears her play dresses. If I'm going to go to the effort I want people to notice. :)

Like man I just dropped my last M&M's to post this :faint: ha! How about everyone pick a day and time to have a flash mob Disneybounding? I like the idea. :)

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
In a Tea Party dress with the White Dress

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
Mickey was my date on the last night of our cruise

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
My daughter as Play House Minnie, and I as classic Minnie

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
Dressed in Holiday Red

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
This was purely accidental bounding with Goofy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
In a Tea Party dress with the White Dress

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
Mickey was my date on the last night of our cruise

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
My daughter as Play House Minnie, and I as classic Minnie

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
Dressed in Holiday Red

ThePinupMommy
[/URL][/IMG]
This was purely accidental bounding with Goofy

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just LOVE your classic style!! That blue dress is gorgeous!

The two shirts I ordered from ChicByAmber on Etsy arrived today!

35C7A8EC-0828-47CC-A023-C4E41F7B01F9-3234-000005B5F2BF1E06_zpse31f4415.jpg

F9393FD6-6AA1-48E6-A0AA-A4FA91D84D47-3234-000005B6202E7F0E_zps37d34f14.jpg

5E13BEB5-B71C-4137-ABBC-F88383867384-3234-000005B634712DE1_zps710cbbc5.jpg

Going to have to fix up the Tink one a bit, though, because the tule wings go right into my airpits, and the light green tule on the front at the top will drive me nuts. I might even take the wings off completely, to make the shirt a little more subtle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter