Discovery Cove Jan 1st?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by 2hapykdz, Dec 4, 2018.

1. 2hapykdz

2hapykdz Mouseketeer

Thinking of heading to Orlando after NYE and was wondering if Discovery Cove is doable? Even if it hits 70....I'm sure swimming with the dolphins is chilly....what about the rest of it.....is it enjoyable in the cooler weather?TIA

2. Captainkidd76

Captainkidd76 Mouseketeer

The water there is very cool if I remember correctly. That being said, I can't imagine a day that wouldn't be enjoyable at Discovery Cover.

3. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Did it about 5 times in September and said something to staff about I can't imagine in winter as the snorkel coves are cold water. They said it's actually much more comfortable then because you aren't going from hot hot air to cold water. I thought, yeah right ...

Took whole family for Christmas and it was our best trip yet. I was able to constantly go in and out of the snorkel areas because it didn't take me forever to ease in. The "resort" pool area and "lazy" river water was so soothing as it was so warm. The wet suits were not hot like warmer months so we weren't pulling them on and off.

I would never hesitate to go in the winter months .... especially since the prices are usually better. :thumbsup2

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Yarbogash likes this.