Discovery Cove - General Information

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by mjhtvchick, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Conway733

Conway733 DIS Veteran

Does Discovery Cove have to be the first day before utilizing the tickets for Sea Wold and Aquatica?

2. FLOIR

FLOIR Mouseketeer

Per the Discovery Cove website -

Your reservation includes a 14-day pass to SeaWorld and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando (if you have the Ultimate package which includes Busch Gardens Tampa), you must use it consecutively with your visit to Discovery Cove, either before, after, or a combination of both. Your personalized ID card will serve as your ticket if you decide to visit your selected sister park(s) after your reservation date.

However, if you plan on visiting SeaWorld, Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™, or Busch Gardens prior to your Discovery Cove adventure, simply present your confirmation letter and photo ID for each party member 18 years or older at their Guest Relations/Services window located at the front gate. At Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™, the process is the same should you visit there prior to Discovery Cove, however, the entry is located at the Big Kahuna Entrance just to the left of the turnstiles.

mjhtvchick and macraven like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Conway733

Conway733 DIS Veteran

Thank you!

5. andyw715

andyw715 Mouseketeer

You will be given a paper 14 day pass if you go to the parks prior to DC. Once you go to Dc you get the photo ID and can toss the paper ones.

6. keishashadow

keishashadow Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!

Well, it's my turn to experience DC in the winter. :) Have booked with various family members for trips mid Jan & Feb.

It will be warmer than Pittsburgh I'm sure but have a feeling it'll be a different experience than our usual visits when it's hot.

Normally, we are there shortly after 7 am to grab a 10:30 - 11 am dolphin swim. Thinking next week, since with my adult DS who will appreciate not waking up any earlier than necessary, we might just sleep in a bit and arrive around 8 - 8:30 am.

Anyone know how late they tend to schedule the swims? Was thinking that it might warm up just a bit more later in the day.

Normally do a vest or half wet suit. Wondering if they have full ones?

Can't recall if a pic was included in the price last visit. If not is there an ala carte option vs the larger packages. I favored key chains & the CD, not sure if that is still an option or not.

7. cruiser21

cruiser21 DIS Veteran

If you're just doing the day pass and no extras do you need to be there at 7am or can you show up anytime like say 10am.

8. keishashadow

keishashadow Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!

Anytime but earlier the better to stay out a spot to set up camp. Not sure what time breakfast service cuts off, might want to check.

9. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

Presently working on verifying of any cost changes that are listed in this excellent post by mjhtvchick

Trying to list current 2018 fees in order to help all readers with their cost plannings

10. RRZJ

RRZJ Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what craft beers are included in the upgraded drink package?

11. FLOIR

FLOIR Mouseketeer

It seems like the beers change somewhat frequently, probably seasonally. Last time I knew they were Key West Ale, Angry Orchard, and Heineken.

12. mjhtvchick

mjhtvchick Mouseketeer

Thanks @macraven ! The last time I checked the prices (late last year) they were all still accurate but it looks like they have done some tweaking recently. I will edit the main post accordingly over the next day or two! :)

13. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

:thanks:

14. mjhtvchick

mjhtvchick Mouseketeer

Main post updated for some price and menu tweaks! :)

macraven likes this.