Discovery Cove footwear

Jrits

DIS Veteran
Do guests usually go barefoot or wear water shoes? Are water shoes necessary?

You can do either. They're mostly helpful for hot sand and to not scuff your toes in the lazy river. I hate taking them on and off so I went barefoot my 2nd time and was certainly not the only barefooter around.

Much depends on the time of year you are visiting. June/July/August, the pavement can get scorching hot and water shoes are almost a must. Other times of year, they are more of an option than a necessity.....though we like water shoes in the lazy river regardless of the time of year, as the floor is uneven (and in some areas, rocky) and it saves our toes from getting beat up.

June/July/August, the pavement can get scorching hot and

YES ... but we just keep a pair of flip flops with us ... we always have a bag with towels and msc 'stuff' that we toss on a chair at which ever 'attraction'. Since DC controls the number of folks to a LOW number, finding a chair to park a bag with towels, flips etc is NEVER a problem . . .

water shoes are fine too, but I wouldn't buy special for this day .... for water shoes I wear my hard sole dive boots in most situations but never wanted to push the issue about these with the DC folks .... the flippies work fine.

I can’t go barefoot that long, go with a more supportive water shoe

I second the beating up of feet in lazy river…got water shoes for kids, and I use my old Barefoot running Merrells, which look like water shoes. Have kept them for this reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter